Claire’s 3 in 1 mixable nail polish

I got my bottle of Claire’s 3 in 1 mixable nail polish in my fun swap with lovely Monika last year. I’m so terrible that I’ve only just gotten around to trying it out so here is a swatch of it finally! It’s such a cool polish – it has 3 different coloured layers in a bottle and I was so intrigued to find out what the effect would be like on the nail.

Photobucket

I can’t find a name on the bottle so lets just call it the green mixable. There’s a bottom layer of blue, a middle layer of bright yellow and then a top layer of dark green and the instructions tell you not to mix or shake the bottle. Unfortunately the only colour that you can see on the nail is the green but boy is it pretty!

Photobucket

I’d describe the colour as a dark forest green and the polish is very opaque but I used 2 coats as I had some bald spots. The polish is lightened a tiny bit by of the yellow on the 2nd coat and you can see some tiny swirls of yellow polish but no distinctive colour comes up. The blue doesn’t show up at all which is a shame.

Photobucket

It’s such a gorgeous green and it applied very smoothly and dried quickly. I love it as it has to be THE glossiest polish I’ve used so far to date. All my pics are without topcoat and it’s so darn glossy I can see myself reflected in each and every photo I took!! The only downside of this polish is that it did stain my skin a little when I removed it but easily fixed with toothpaste. I had wanted to konad over it but it was a MASSIVE fail so I won’t be showing it =p seriously it was like I had stamped in the dark or something!

Photobucket

Do you have any Claire’s 3 in 1 mixable nail polishes? I’d love to see your manis using them!

Thanks for looking! =D

21 comments:

  1. so gorgeous green! I want to buy one like that! If you want the other colours how does it work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always tempted to buy them but I cant get past the fact that its probably gonna be only one color and its the one ontop-- and the fact that 90 little teenagers shake them all up so they don't look at all as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting! i'd totally have shaken the bottle if i were you, lol!! where are the blues and yellows :/?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pretty color but I've often wondered how these looked on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color on you. Oddly enough I live near a Claire's and I've never bought one of these because even though they intrigue me, I didn't know if the "effect" would work or not. It looks like a win/lose to me and maybe I'll pick one up on clearance and see for myself. Win that its such a beautiful color on you, lose that it didn't have any kind of layered effect out of the bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these are pretty to look at but only 1 colour shows until you get to the next layer. I shook mine up, got a surprise colour out of it. Still love to buy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any store nearby that sells these, but been curious if they would work or not. Now I know :) Still a lovely color though!

    Also, note to self, stained skin=use toothpaste. Ty for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god I want green np!!! There is an Essie one I really like but the lady at Myer was such a bitch I didn't want to buy 3 Essie's there. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that would have been neat if the blue also came out too! maybe the brush isn't long enough? o.O

    The green is lovely anyways! It's a nice rich green.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonder how the effect is supposed to look like? I wouldn't expect a swirl of colours since the brush has to pass through green before coming out

    ReplyDelete
  11. NIICE! the green looks soo good tho! i wish it showed the yellow and blue too

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want one! Not because of the color but just because they're special and something new to me. :))) And this is a really great green, it looks gorgeous on your nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice green.

    lady-flower123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Miss Starshiny: I'm not exactly sure how to get the other colours out of the bottle. I think I read somewhere that you have to use up each colour to get to the next..? I'm not sure! Definitely try and get it if you can!

    @Antoszewskia: LOL I was fortunate that my bottle was hand picked and sent to me so I didn't have that dilemma =p

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jennifer: Trust me I was SOOOOOO tempted to! But I refrained but you just never know I may give in LOL. I have no idea! It's still a great green though hehe.

    @Rachel Marie: I wondered too when I 1st started hearing about these. Disappointing only one colour comes out but it just looks so cool in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Chris: Awwww thank you Chris! You are always so eloquent! I totally agree that it's a win/lose for me but I do really love the green. I'd love to see what colours you pick up and how they look on the nail.

    @Halifax: Ohhhhh thanks for the tip! I may give in and shake my bottle later lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @liquoredonlacquer: Glad you like it!

    @Shiny!: It's a shame it didn't work but the colour is really nice! No worries for the tip =) It works fantastically for me! Just scrub a large dollop of toothpaste on stained skin for 5mins or so until your skin returns to normal colour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Mez: OOOOOH I are you talking about Pretty Edgy?? Because I like it too!! Too bad about the SA =( that sucks. Maybe try eBay?

    @Alice: I'm not sure but it's such a shame. Still gorgeous anyway yep =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Isabel: They don't sell these in Aus so I haven't a clue! Plus there's not much info online about what they are supposed to look like.

    @Oreleona: Me too!! Even just a teeny bit of blue polish on the nail would have been nice =p

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Ivana: Thank you Ivana! You are so sweet =) I think I like looking at the bottle with the 3 colours more than the actual polish hehe.

    @lady_flower123: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a nice shade ! I have to find this one :)
    Did you try to bend the bottle to a 90° angle while dipping the brush ? That's how I used mine (I have the purple mix), you can see the result on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...