BYS Mirror Disco Ball

I have for you today one of the new polishes from the Mirror range from Aussie brand BYS. I picked this up before I left for HK when I was getting some things for swaps and couldn't resist getting this for myself as it was new. The Mirror range consists of 3 foil polishes - a silver, a red and a bronzey/gold foil. They are supposed to give your nails "reflective shine" and make them the "hottest nails of all". Yay for shiny nails! I'm a sucker for silver so naturally I picked the silver which is called Disco Ball .

Photobucket

Disco Ball is a very shiny silver foil with plenty of very fine silver glitter packed in, giving it a somewhat roughish finish. It applied very nicely with no need for cleanup and it dried quickly too. Above is 2 coats with some VNL so 3 coats would probably be best for opacity. I only did 2 as I was going to layer a crack polish over the top which I shall show you in my next post so make sure you do check back. Unfortunately the "Y" in BYS on the front didn't come with my bottle but rest assured the brand isn't "BS" haha.

It's a great silver foil however it's nothing we haven't seen before. Ulta 3 Snazzle is one in my collection that is similar so I probably should have picked up the bronze or red foil polish instead doh! However I think it does a pretty good job being reflective. See the shadows on my nails?? I'm pretty sure that's my head being reflected!!

Photobucket

Every time I looked at my nails or saw the name of the polish I just wanted to break out into this song:


Must stop humming it now lol. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. *giggles* that's one shiny foil indeed. You know, I would have picked up the silver too. A girl can never have enough silver polishes in her collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha I love that you wanted to break out in song. This colour is ok, but I prefer the one you did in your last post MUCHOS more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perty!! :D one can never have to much foil in ones collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! I went an painted my nails this colour this morning, and then went online to find you blogged about it! ahaha how uncanny :)
    The colour is gorgeous. One sheer coat also does well for a frosty top coat! I have two coats on right now, not bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reflective nails? *raised eyebrows* Somehow I was expecting more with that range.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Christina: I agree!! Silver is just such a versatile colour and is so festive too ^_^

    @Mez: I liked Show It and Glow It! a lot more too! You can't go past an awesome blingy glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nikki: I only started liking foils a few months ago. Sometimes the visible brush strokes for some polishes annoy me =p

    @Leah: What a coincidence Leah! Great minds think alike ;) I will have to try it as a topcoat over black or something. Disco Ball didn't blow me away unfortunately but it's certainly a nice polish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lily: Thanks Lily!

    @Joan: It wasn't as foil as I had hoped but it's still a nice polish. I wonder what the other 2 polishes from the range are like!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...