Orly floral pastel skittles manicure

Photobucket

Today's manicure is inspired by a pedicure design I saw in Nail Max Collections magazine Vol. 7 which I picked up in HK late last year. As soon as I saw the design I knew it would be the perfect manicure to try out polishes from the Orly Sweet collection I recently received in swaps!

The inspiration:

Photobucket

Isn't it cute?!! And perfect for Summer too. Too bad Sydney is having some very wet weather at the moment! I used 2 coats of Orly Gumdrop for thumbs, 2 coats of Cotton Candy for index fingers, 3 coats of Lemonade for middle fingers, 2 coats of Lollipop for ring fingers and 2 coats of Snowcone on pinkies.

Photobucket

I then applied 1 coat of Essence Space Queen which I received in my Xmas package from Christina for a glittery finish. I finished off with some floral Pa nail stickers on my thumbs as I don't use acrylics and added some silver beads which you can just see. Topped it all off with a coat of Color Club Vivid Intensifying top coat for a glossy finish.

Photobucket

I seem to be doing a lot of skittles manis at the moment! I hope you don't mind but it's Summer here Down Under so I thought it would be fun =) I want to scan my nail mags but I've got such a huge backlog of posts and things I need to do, including organising and photographing items for my blog shop! Hopefully I'll have some scans up soon for you all. I'm trying to coerce my sis into scanning the mags for me haha.

Thanks for looking!

25 comments:

  1. Love the skittle mani! Makes me want to pull out my pastel polishes and play with them too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to eat it, yum! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw so pretty, I love the pastel colours! I would love to have you do my nails one day xD You are so talented <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nail colors. Awesome inspiration, it turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute and sweet looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove skittle nails!And the glitter!Cute!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gumdrop is such a gorgeous color, I have to buy that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute, pastels always put me in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the pastel nails, I've been thinking of doing mine in similar colours...you've convinced me!
    Hope you had a lovely new year :)

    http://www.look-flyingmonkeys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats adorable!
    PASTELS! Spring is coming D:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'd absolutely never think of putting that mix of colours together but it looks fantastic - really cute and pretty. The little flowers are the perfect finishing touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. nicely done! i love colorful nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Sharon: I'm glad you did pull them out! I loved your version =)

    @Pop! Makeup: LOL they do look sweet don't they? Thanks for stopping by and taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it very much!

    @Jennifer: You are too kind Jennifer =) If you ever come to Sydney please email me. It would be an absolute pleasure to do your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @yourstrulypam: Thank you Pam! Japanese nail magazines just have so many wonderful designs. They provide days of inspiration!

    @Siria: Glad you like it Siria!

    @Martje: Thanks Martje =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Rachel Marie: I wanted something fun and sweet for Summer, too bad the weather hasn't been sweet haha.

    @Ria: I love pastels and glitter so just had to combine the 2 hehe.

    @Oreleona: Cheers Oreleona! I'm glad you like it =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Blanka: It's a really pretty green and great to have in your collection. I hope you get it!

    @Freshie: Same! It's just something to brighten your day.

    @Look! Flying Monkeys!: Glad I could convince you! Pastels are always fun. I had a great New Years, I hope you did too. Thanks for stopping by and commenting =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Annkiins: It's Summer here in Aus so I thought it would be appropriate!

    @All Made Up: Thank you! It really helps when polish companies make collections with colours that complement each other so well. I love Jap nail mags for inspiration when I'm stuck for ideas!

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting also!

    @GABY: Thanks hun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @coffretgorge: Me too. I never really was into colourful nails but now I can't get enough of it!

    @Antoszewskia: I'm so happy you like it! =))

    @Jennifer Leigh: Thanks Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really lovely huny! Those pastel colours are just gorguz! Thats it, ima gonna dig out the pastel shades now, need something to brighten up this dull weather! :)

    Aysh xoxo

    trulymadlybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...