Review: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

Blemishes, pimples, acne.. whatever you call it, it is a pain! I break out in my T-zone often especially around my mouth and chin and this annoys me to no end. I tend to get them especially at that time of the month which does nothing to improve my PMS haha. So I decided to try out The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil after hearing good things about it.

What The Body Shop says:
"A natural, targeted solution to help clear and soothe blemishes quickly without over drying the skin. Our Community Trade organic tea tree oil grows on the foothills of Mount Kenya in mineral-rich volcanic soil. The leaves are handpicked and irrigated with glacial water for effective oil and is renowned for its natural purifying antibacterial properties to help soothe blemished skin."

Photobucket

How to use it:
For blemishes: Apply a small amount directly on to blemishes using a clean cotton wool bud or fingertip.
It can also be used for bathing, in a warm foot bath, for facial steaming and for massage.

Ingredients:
15% Tea Tree Oil, Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Polysorbate 60 (Surfactant), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

Photobucket

I used the oil as spot treatment when I felt a pimple coming on and applied it as soon as a felt one coming on. I was absolutely amazed as the oil definitely stopped my pimples in their tracks!! I dabbled the oil on with my finger as soon as I felt a pimple using it 1-3 times a day. It soothed the pain as well and the smell isn't too bad after you use it the first few times. My pimples cleared in 2-3 days with minimal scaring and (touch wood) I haven't had any full blown pimples since starting to use this.

The only downside is the packaging of the oil - IT SUCKS. It's a dropper and it is darn near impossible to get the oil out without spilling any. I have to stand there and shake the crap out of the bottle to get anything out, but it's worth this annoying factor for me. I purchased it from The Body Shop for $9.95 which is an OK price and the bottle contains 15mls of oil.

Photobucket

Pros:
* It works for me - worked fast to clear my pimples
* Natural product
* Non drying
* Multi use product

Cons:
* The dropper packaging - VERY difficult to get the product out.
* Some people may not like the smell

Will I repurchase: Yes because it definitely works for me.

You can purchase the tea tree oil in person at The Body Shop stores or online here (for Aussie ladies) from The Body Shop website.

What do you use for spot treatment to clear away those darned blemishes? Let me know what your go to product is in the comments!

Thanks for looking =)

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this review. I have been pondering using this product as I have the same problem sometimes too mostly during summertime.
    For the dropper, in order to get just a bit out, try gently tapping the bottom. That way only a drop will come out and it won't spill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!!!!! Anything to zap zits is always worth trying for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I know those blemishes really annoyed me too. I am glad it works for me. I have to keep that in mind for future consideration. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I'll defently give this a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, interesting!
    I would buy it but right now I don't get as many pimples/blemishes etc.
    But will would one in future just in case when I have enough money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been using tea tree oil for a few years now for all kinds of stuff. I wouldn't ever use it with those ingredients. Alcohol will actually tell your skin to produce more sebum (oil) causing more breakouts and your skin to be confused.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I agree with you. Those things are awesome!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, for me tea tree oil is simply a must. It is my skin's holy grail. But i wouldnt trust all those extra ingredients. They are not good for your skin, just buy the 100% tea tree oil. that is MUCH better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Christina: Thanks for the awesome tip!! I tried tapping it and problem solved =D When blogger stops playing up on me I'm going to edit my post to include your tip!

    @Sarah: I must have tried about a million blemish solutions and this one so far has given me the most consistent results =)

    @PetiteLittleGirl: Thanks hun! Blemishes are such a pain =( Hope you're having a great week!

    @Ansa: Definitely give it a go Ansa. Hopefully it works for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Annkiins: Ahhh you lucky thing! Definitely keep it in mind if your skin changes for the worse (hopefully not!).

    @Chantelle: Thanks for the info Chantelle =)

    @Nur: Thanks Nur! I'm always on the hunt for the best pimple solution and I think I've find one that's pretty close now.

    @Shadelle: Great to hear you like tea tree oil! Thank you for the tip. I'm just hesitant to use 100% oil on my skin as I'm worried it will be too drying and cause skin irritation =S My skin is sensitve you see!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's meant to be a dropper, just hold the bottle upside down for a little while and the oil will drip out drop by drop, so you can just put a cotton bud below it or drip it onto your fingers.

    Also, 100% tea tree oil would be much better. It's really gentle on skin, and a lot more effective. If you're worried about the concentration, mix it up with jojoba oil or another kind of carrier oil, though it's oil, it doesn't actually make your skin oily, it moisturizes it really well. Tea tree oil's great for everything, from insect bites to an oily scalp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always been wanting to try tee tree oil! i've heard a lot of good things about it. i have yet to find one here where i live.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can just get tee tree oil from woolworths. and it's less expensive and works great can't remember the name but check it out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just bought it but i couldn't open the cap.
    is there a specific way to twist it?
    i have tried pressing down and twisting counterclockwise but it doesnt work.

    =(

    ReplyDelete
  15. @jes : u probably figured how to use it by now bt anyway,just press down hard on the cap and twist it in the depicted arrow's direction. You should hear a grinding sound if your doing it right,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've heard so many good reviews and i'm 100% going to buy this :)) thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...