Purple glitter striped manicure

I had to change my mani after all the tipwear from the Anna Sui in my last post but I didn't know what to do so I decided to go for something simple. I loved the striped glitter design I did on my pinky for my NYE manicure in pink so I decided to do a full manicure using the design but this time in purple. It’s a very easy design - a base of purple and then stripes in white and purple glitter!

Photobucket

I started off with a base of Essence No More Drama which I received last year in my swap with Tina from Fleur's nails&stuff. I have so many untrieds in my collection I’m trying my best to try them all! No More Drama is a pale lavender purple polish. I’ve seen many swatches of this and I really liked the colour however on me I found the colour a little dusty for my liking. Brush was great to use but I found the formula wasn’t as easy to use as other Essence polishes. Below is 2 coats without topcoat.

Essence No More Drama

I then used Kiss nail art striper in white to draw vertical lines. I then filled it the gaps with CM nail art striper in purple glitter.

Photobucket

I actually have pyjamas that are a very similar colour and have white stripes (no glitter though unfortunately) so it matched lol. My sister said my mani reminded her of hard boiled sweets which made me crave them =p

Photobucket

What do you think? Thanks for looking!

29 comments:

  1. I'm actually going to give this a go!! I don't know how steady my hand is but I'm willing to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, your mani looks really cute. I just bought a pair of pyjamas and one of them has stripes on it as well, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always :) So creative and neat lol!! Great job :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your lines are so straight! These nails reminded me right away of the cupcake liner in your logo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look great! Spring pastel timeeee xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this mani. It is so cute and looks so complicated but you make it sound simple to perform. I'm going to have to steal your idea and see if I can do something similar. Happy Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely babe, lol your sis is right! They remind me of rock candy :) I really do like this as it seems like something I can do! Just need to get hold of some pens, I've actually heard that thin marker pens or even liquid eyeliner can be used as well?

    Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty!!! u must really love essence!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do look like boiled candy! Lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a sucker for stripes, and that glitter seriously puts it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. chelle!! iv nominated u best blog award
    http://oreleona.blogspot.com/2011/01/general-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I have those Kiss nail art pens too but I just can't get a straight line! I clearly need to practice :D

    xo, alison-elle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks sugar sweet, so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi 'Chelle :) just found out your blog and i like your cute designs~
    Just like to let you know that i've tagged you in my stylish award..

    http://nailsbyrachel.blogspot.com/2011/01/tag-me-tag-you-stylish-blogger-award.html

    Anyway, would be nice if you could come visit my blog too~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Joelle: Thanks Joelle!

    @Mez: It doesn't matter if it's messy! Definitely try it and let me know how you go =)

    @marox79: LOL I love my pjs! I live in them at home and the cuter the better hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Nikki: Thanks Nikki!

    @Steph: I'm OCD what can I say lol.

    @Rachel Marie: I must have been concentrating really hard when I was doing this mani because I hardly ever do such straight lines! Now that you mention it, it reminds me of it too hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Annkiins: Thanks hun! Yep it's summer here so I'm doing lots of pastel and summery colours.

    @liquoredonlacquer: Thank you!

    @Tassa: Thanks Tassa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Chris: Awwww thank you Chris =) It's very easy to do! I hope you try it too, do post your mani when you do!

    @Aysh: Yep you can use marker pens, just make sure you use it over a base colour so it doesn't stain your nails! I don't have any of the pens as I use a striper polish.

    @Oreleona: I do like their polishes! I just wish they stocked them in Aus =( Thank you so much for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Danielle: Thanks Danielle =) I still feel like hard boiled candy =p

    @Freshie: Awww thank for your sweet comment hun! I love stripes too!

    @Neko: Thank you! Thanks for stopping by and commenting =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Alison: It just takes lots of practise. I still do very uneven lines when I haven't done stripes in a while so don't worry it's not just you!

    @AmyGrace: Thanks Amy Grace! Thank you for following me too, I really appreciate it =D

    @rachel: Thank you for the award Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Stavroula: Thank you so much Stavroula!

    ReplyDelete
  22. some cool stripes. never seen like this before really liked your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...