My nail polish storage 2011 (+ stash pics!)

Hi ladies! I thought I would show you my updated nail polish storage today. I really need another Helmer but I'm holding off because it will only encourage me to buy more polish which is NOT good! I've acquired a lot more stuff since I last showed you my nail polish storage (you can see my posts from August and October and last year) and I also have a cheaper option to the Helmer too which I've had to add to my storage to hold nail stuff! I love seeing stash pics so I included pics of my polishes ;) WARNING - this post is a bit pic heavy!

Photobucket
YES my Helmer is next to my bed.

On top of my Helmer I keep my nail art toolbox, manicure essentials, nail dryer and nail polish remover and cotton pads so they're handy. Keeping everything in close reach is important when doing your nails I think - that way you won't wreck your nails looking for stuff!

Photobucket

Below are my trusty manicure essentials that I use for every manicure. I love my hot pink Manicare nail dryer which is a must for me! The container is actually a lipstick holder which I got from a dollar store and holds my essentials perfectly.

Photobucket

I use the blue Manicare nail polish remover with vitamin E to remove my polish. I use the Konad One Touch Remover for konading. I'm a cheapie so I just recycled an old Ferrero Rocher plastic box to hold my cotton pads =p Works well and didn't cost me anything!

Photobucket

I can't believe at one point all my nail art stuff fit in the toolbox below! Gosh that was a long time ago lol. I got this great toolbox from Riot Art and Craft for $19.99 and it's perfect for holding nail art stuff. It holds all my rhinestone wheels, cut fimo pieces, nail stickers and other bits and bobs. It's a great toolbox because the bottom is tall enough to store nail polishes so it's great to take on the go too.

Photobucket

I like to sort my nail polishes by family (brand) but here and there it's mixed up which kinda annoys me haha. I'm very OCD =p If you're wondering, the red stickers on some of the bottles you see below is my attempt to keep track of what I've used and what I haven't but I gave up after a while.

1st drawer holds OPI, Nicole by OPI, holos, flakies, Cult Nails:

Photobucket


2nd drawer is all China Glaze which is clearly my favourite brand!!

Photobucket

3rd drawer holds my higher end polishes (Chanel, Rescue Beauty Lounge, Anna Sui, Illamasqua, Deborah Lippmann) as welll as Color Club, Zoya, Nubar and Essie polishes:

Photobucket

4th drawer is for my European polishes such as Essence, Barry M, Gosh, Eyeko, S-he:

Photobucket

5th drawer is for US polishes such as Orly, Sinful Colors, Milani and Sally Hansen:

Photobucket

And the last drawer is for my Aussie and Asian polishes! BYS, Ulta 3, Face of Australia, Dolly Wink, Elianto, Skinfood:

Photobucket

I have lots of nail bits and pieces that I needed to store somewhere as all over my room just wasn't cutting it anymore. I bought this Homemaker 4 tier chrome drawer trolley for $39 from Kmart ages ago to store skincare stuff but when I moved back home I didn't need it anymore so I decided to use it to store my nail paraphernalia. It would also be good to store nail polishes as it's much cheaper than a Helmer and would hold a considerable amount of polishes too. Obviously it's nowhere near as sturdy as a Helmer but the drawers are deep and if you don't have toooo many polishes it would be something to think about.

Photobucket

I store my remover implements etc in the top drawer such as extra nail polish remover, cotton pads, foil for glitter removal:

Photobucket

2nd drawer is top and base coats, cuticle oils, stamping supplies, striper polishes and acrylic paints:

Photobucket

3rd drawer holds nail art stuff like my stamping plates, extra nail stickers, dotting tools, fimo sticks and nail wheels:

Photobucket

I store my Konad, Bundle Monster and fauxnad stamping plates in Marbig business card holders and the bigger GCOCL plates in a smaller business card holder:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The last drawer is other nail art bits and pieces like Blixz, falsies etc:

Photobucket

I hope I gave you some ideas on how to store your nail stuff and that you enjoyed this post! How do you store your nail stuff?

Thanks for looking as always! =)

56 comments:

  1. not to sound like a stalker or sth since you posted only a while ago LOL but yeah currently on blogspot LOL but.. o em gee that is AMAZING. what a neat and organised design for all your polishes! =O
    *applause* hehe
    C. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. you really do have a huge collection!
    Thanks for showing how you store your nail polish & related items ^_^
    Im tempted to organise my tiny stash.. but its so hard to find containers that'll fit some of the things~!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word - JEALOUS.

    Is it pathetic that I didn't know what some of your nail tools do? LOL :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. houly cow you updated big time O_O

    Glad you improved your organized and growing collection :)

    Really like the Idea with the stencil plates in Business Card Holders :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love this post! You have an amazing collection! So jealous! I'd love some polishes from different parts of the world!
    I also use a helmer! It stores all my nail art supplies and my polish, but I also have a polish rack on top of my helmer which holds my favourite brands.
    I love your toolbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you are really organized! thanks for sharing :) i love these kind of posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such an impressive collection, and so neat as well! Thanks for sharing <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! what a wonderful collection :) i especially love all your little things you have set aside so easily for your manis too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stash organization! In a few weeks I'll be posting pics of my stash and storage too, I really find it interesting to see how different ideas people have for the same thing, gives me ideas for mine too :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...it's so well organised!!! Absolutely amazing collection you have there next to your bed ^^ I like to keep my little collection in boxes with nice designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, what a crazy collection you have!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh...it's all so cute! I have nail polish envy (: Great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow @_@ I love your collection! I want it haha :P I also love how everything is so organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg I am so jealous of your amazing collection/storage. *daydreams*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great storage, you have quite a collection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your collection is amazing! You truly a polish collector! I love how you organized them in your drawers. As I was scrolling down in your post, my eyes went *_* as I saw each drawer. hehe. Thanks for sharing! I love stash posts as well. XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love how you store everything, its perfect :) Im still working on my storage ^_^

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Chelle, this looks amazing.. I thought my collection was big.. I always enjoy your nail art posts - inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a GREAT idea to use business card holders to store your stamping plates. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish you would post more often! I love love love love love your nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought that my stash was big, but yours is just extremely big xD omg!!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a huge collection! drooling over your stuff haha~ you're so neat and organized too.I'm so inpired! thanks for sharing :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! Can I come and play at your house? :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love love love this post. always fascinated with makeup / beauty storage. thanks for the sneek peek 'chelle x

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow amazing storage and stash :) just a teeny bit jealous lol!

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. god i wish my boss would let me wear nail colours other than baby pink and french. you're collection is to die for! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG THAT IS INSANE!!!!
    LOVE IT!!!

    I have a shoebox of nail polish... that's it.. with my other nail stuff in it.. not v cool at all :/ :/ :/

    ReplyDelete
  28. :D I love your stash. It looks so much more organized than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  29. @C: LOL no you aren't being stalkerish at all! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - I appreciate it more than you know hun!! =D I'm a neat freak and I have to have things just so, hence my neat storage hehe.

    @Jen: Yeah but can you believe I still feel the need to expand my collection??!

    When I started my collection I used plastic containers from Kmart (see my August 2010 storage post to see what they look like) and they worked really well. You can find something like them in dollar stores and hardware stores too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Julie: It's not pathetic at all!! Do you think I knew what half the stuff I have now was? NOPE! xD

    @Monika: Yeah.. I got a little carried away buying/swapping polishes as you can see o_O Glad you like the idea! It took me forever and everywhere to find a good solution.

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Olivia: I'm so very blessed to have made such wonderful blogging friends who have been willing to swap and gift polishes to me. It's always exciting trying new polishes from around the globe!

    I remember seeing your polish rack that your dad made you - so lovely! I love my toolbox too, just wish I could use it more often x)

    @NYU: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Sac de Sabine: LOL I'll take that as a compliment I guess! =p

    @Amy: I'm glad you enjoy these posts too Amy! I loooooove storage so I brainstorm ideas on how best to store my stuff all the time haha.

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Celina: I'm just a neat freak and have to have things "just so" xp No worries hun!

    @Christine: I have suffered denting to a new manicure WAY too many times so I keep everything on hand. It works trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Erika: Thank you Erika! That's exactly why I love storage posts too. There's always great new ideas to adopt! Good luck with your storage =) I hope to see pics when it's done!

    @Kayleigh: I can't stand mess as it just doesn't give me the right "vibe" to paint my nails which is why everything has to be neat! I'm OCD lol.

    Keeping polishes in boxes is always a great idea. Great to transport etc and they look good too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. @Crystal Luvz: LOL my stash is modest compared to other bloggers who have something like 5+ helmers!

    @Heather: Hehe thanks Heather. My polish collection is like my baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. @Charlène: My collection is nothing compared to some nail bloggers ;)

    @Jessica: LOL it's not for sale unfortunately!! Glad you like my organisation Jessica ;) It drove me mad when I didn't have my helmer set up the way it is now!

    ReplyDelete
  37. @PaO*: Glad you like my post!

    @JC ♔: I never thought I'd get to this point with my collection. It's kinda getting out of hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. @cherry: Thank you! I'm pretty proud of my little collection, it's like my baby xp

    @tiffyama: Ahhh now it's nothing compared to the nail bloggers who have something like 5+ helmers filled with polishes! I'm so glad you enjoyed my post hun! I love to share with my beautiful readers =) Sorry to make your eyes go *_* LOL

    ReplyDelete
  39. @Christine Iversen: Storage of beauty stuff is such a labour of love I find. I'm always moving things around etc. You'll find your happy organisation system soon enough!

    @Beauty Soiree: Awwww thank you for your sweet words! I wish I had more time for nail art but unfortunately real life gets in the way sometimes. I'm glad you like my storage hun!

    ReplyDelete
  40. @Glambo: Glad you like it! And not a problem, I love being able to share with my lovely readers ;)

    @Ally: I'm so flattered Ally! *blush* I wish I could post more often but unfortunately real life gets in the way most of the time =( Could you please fund me to blog fulltime??!!!! =p

    ReplyDelete
  41. @Elisa ♥: LOL mine isn't big compared to other nail bloggers who have like 5 helmers!! Gosh I would love 5 lol.

    @Locke: Yay I'm glad I could inspire you! That's my aim =)

    ReplyDelete
  42. @Angela: Seriously if I had my own place I would just invite you all over to my place! But unfortunately I don't think the family would appreciate it doh x(

    @Faye: Awwww glad you enjoyed it Faye! I love peeking into other people's storage solutions and collections so I figured I'd post mine =)

    ReplyDelete
  43. @Shei: LOL sorry to make you jealous ;)

    @Cassie: Oh you poor thing!! I think I would go out of my mind if my manager didn't allow me to wear my crazy colours =(

    ReplyDelete
  44. @Mez: My collection started off about 2+ years ago with only a handful of polishes. Now look where I am ARGH - SO DAMN ADDICTED x(

    @Rachel Marie: LOL who cares about storage when you've got polishes like yours!!!!!! You have so much glitter and holo goodness *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  45. Woah... That's one huge collection!!! I think I have less than half of one of your draws!! I would love to rummage through your collection, it looks like nail heaven! xX

    ReplyDelete
  46. GREAT collection and fabulous storage. You are super organized! Business card holders! I should definitely try that!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am so jealous of all of your nail polish and nail art supplies, I wish I had more! I keep my nail stuff in a helmer but I also keep my makeup in it too so I'm running out of space. And I totally need to get some business card holders for my stamping plates!

    ReplyDelete
  48. ooo :) that's enchanting! I'd like to have a collection like your!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh my god you are amazing Michelle!! Bloomin heck, lemming after your outstanding collection much?!?! Thanks so much for sharing this me dear as I'm currently pondering on how to store mine, not that I have any where near as many as you! Lol! Was thinking of actually maybe getting one of those polish shelves similar to those they have in nail salons?? Heard you can get them on ebay :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  50. I've only just discovered your blog through looking for Helmer info. I love your blog, I can't believe I've never come across it before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hello! I don't think it's listed here but where did you get your nail drier? I'm looking for a small portable one and that one looks perfect! Does it work very well?

    Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...