Review: Color Club Vivid Color Intensifying top coat

I've been using Color Club Vivid color intensifying topcoat for my recent manicures and I wanted to share my experience with you today. I began using it around the same time I started using Color Club Vitabase Nutrient Nail Strengthener which I've reviewed for you here. Like basecoats, I am constantly on the lookout for my HG topcoat which I have yet to find that ticks all the boxes for me. Ideally a topcoat for me should be fast drying, glossy, long lasting and doesn't shrink my polish – I'm very picky what can I say!

I have quite a number of topcoats in my collection however they often satisfy only 1 or 2 out of my list of requirements. I've used Seche Vite, OPI, Clinique, Rimmel, Nailene, Poshe.. just to name a few. Some are quick drying but give terrible shrinkage; some take ages to dry but give a long lasting finish while others chip very easily and so on so forth. It is so hard to find the perfect topcoat!

Photobucket

What they say:

"This unique Top Coat with color intensifiers will brighten any nail lacquer shade and give life to dull and fading nail polishes in between salon visits. Adds a high level of color intensity to most all shades..."

Just like the Vitabase Nutrient Nail Strengthener, it comes in the signature Color Club bottle in matte. It has a slightly blue colour to it, perhaps from the optical colour intensifiers in the polish? It's also Big3 free which is fantastic. The formula of this topcoat is quite thin so it's gets eaten alive by glitter polishes. It's perfect to use on cremes, shimmers and basically any polish that has a smooth finish but for glitter polishes or manicures you do with rhinestones or other nail art items, I'd suggest going with a thicker topcoat so they are sealed with minimal coats.

Photobucket

Overall: I am extremely impressed with this topcoat and I am absolutely loving it! It definitely lives up to the claim for being colour intensifying as it makes my polish super glossy and the colours just pop. I also found that it doesn't dull holos which is great. It's advertised as a fast drying formula and as I do my nails late at night (I usually only start a mani at 9pm or something), a quick dry topcoat is a must or I get sheet marks and dents galore. It is unbelievably fast drying in my opinion- it dries to an un-dentable, hard, glossy finish in about 10mins flat!! Since using Vivid color intensifying topcoat I have not had a single dent in my polish or sheet mark.

I also love the fact that it doesn't feel thick on the nail unlike other topcoats I have. Some topcoats just feel really thick and sort of gluggy while this has a very smooth finish and doesn't feel like I've added extra layers to my base polish.

I haven't had any issues at all with shrinkage either which is very common for quick dry topcoats. When using it over nail stamping, it’s best to use the “floating” technique to apply (where you don’t touch the brush to the nail) like with other non-Konad topcoats as it can smudge. I can't confidently comment on the lasting power of the topcoat though as I change my manicures about every 2nd - 3rd day these days. I did wear a mani for 3 whole days with heavy use of my hands (work, washing my hair, cleaning etc) and it lasted with very minimal tipwear and no chips.

Photobucket

Would I repurchase: Heck YES! It is without a doubt my new HG for cremes and polishes with a smooth finish. It dries quickly to a wonderfully glossy finish and doesn’t cause shrinkage - what's not to love? I'm now trying to figure out where I can purchase this in Australia as I am sure to need another bottle!

A big thank you to Rob from Color Club NZ for providing me with this product! I was sent the above product to sample but this in no way influenced my review in any way. As always, my reviews are my 100% honest opinion.

What's your HG topcoat?

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. What is the smell like? I just started using China Glaze Fast Forward and it smells HORRIBLE ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still looking! Haha :) Not really liking the Seche Vite one cause it chips a little too easily! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like my topcoat but it does get gluggy and I knew exactly what you were talking about. I'm going to have to try this CC top coat and see if it works with my chemistry to produce such a great effect like it does for you. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I want! I totally agree with you there.
    I do my nails usually at dark (Because I prefer to and during the day I'm busy) And whenever I go to bed I wake up with bedsheet marks, then I have to add another coat of TC, then the removal process turns into a pain ;__;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this sounds awesome, I love the idea that it intensifies colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thank you for this review dear :D
    This sounds like a fab top coat, I think I will be checking it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Abby: I haven't tried Fast Forward myself so I can't compare, but this definitely has no offending smell. It's just your regular polish!

    @Steph: Yeah I found that too with Seche Vite. Not to mention the horrible shrinkage with some polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Chris: Definitely try it out Chris - you have nothing to lose! I hope it works for you as wonderfully as it does for me =)

    @AnnKiins: I HATE waking up with sheet marks. It's such a terrible way to start the morning! Do try it out to see if it works for you. Like I said no dents whatsoever since using it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jade: That really intrigued me too and I'm really glad it lives up to the claim =)

    @Christina: Not a problem my dear! Do check it out, hopefully you have luck with it too. You can get it from Transdesign!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this sounds pretty good, i've been looking for a good top coat, have your found a place you can purchase from in aussie yet? =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Karina: No unfortunately not =( You can purchase it from Transdesign online at a reasonable price though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this one too, but I've noticed that it's quick drying on some polish, but others...not so much. Nice Review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...