Burlesque inspired manicure

I decided to try out OPI Ali's Big Break first from my swap with Alice that I showed you the other day. I was going for a Burlesque look but I think it turned out more festive than Burlesque haha. Keep in mind I haven't seen the movie yet so I was just going off my impression of the movie so it was a bit of a fail! I think this design would be ideal for Christmas or Chinese New Year which is coming up.

Photobucket

Ali's Big Break is a bright red packed with gold micro glitter. It is so gorgeous and festive! I love having bright and fun nails to look at during the day =) I do like the Prowide brushes but sometimes they just don't want to cooperate with me and that was certainly the case for Ali's Big Break. The brush just wouldn't behave! ARGH. It applied very smoothly though and dried to a glossy finish. Pictured below is 2 coats without topcoat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Close up:

Photobucket

I then freehanded gold tips using Art Deco striper polish in gold glitter and added a black star rhinestone to each nail. Topped it off with a coat of Color Club Vivid Color Intensifying topcoat.

Photobucket

Thank you for adding another Burlesque polish to my collection Alice!! What's your favourite polish from the OPI Burlesque range?

Thanks for looking =)

21 comments:

  1. Whhhheeeerreeeee do you get the little black stars from!? SO cute!! Do they knock off easily, like at work when you're doing patient stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks a little bit more like Christmas than CNY with the black stars. I've been thinking of what to do with my nails for CNY too! I don't know how I would work red and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a gorgeous NOTD. they look sooo pretty! Yes, it's definitely perfect for Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute manicure, I love the colours together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice lovely color on the nails best for any girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love The Show Must Go On and Let Me Entertain You. Cute mani! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute especially on short nails! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're seriously making me jealous! Beautiful mani and such a neat application, I'm so messy :/ lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the black stars!! very nice combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love OPI! I have so many of their nail polishes. I love the nails with the stars! Its so pretty. Comment on my blog! (And follow it too) (: P.S. Does taht stuff chip easily? My glittery one did but this ones looks to be a different texture. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple, but cute! I agree, it would be perfect for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty color! You're very welcome! :D

    This will make a good chinese new year manicure! Actually I would have to say that the glitter from this collection has got to be my favorites! I'm so obsessed with glitters right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Andreea: Thanks Andreea!

    @Mez: I got them from eBay! I can't remember the seller but the stars were in one of those nail wheels with lots of different rhinestones.

    Nope they don't fall off for me while at work. They actually stay on REALLY well and I have to pry them off when I'm removing my polish. It's when I'm changing that they have a tendency to fall off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Abby: Yeah it was a mixture of the 2 festivities but like you said the stars are more Xmas. I'm not sure how I'll have my nails either! Decisions decisions =p

    @Penelope: Thank you so much Penelope! Now that I've done my nails like this already I have to think of another design for CNY x)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jette Fromm: Red and gold is such a fun combination, I love it too =)

    @Glucosamine: Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Camille: Oh I don't have those 2 colours! Great colours though =D

    @Rachel: Thanks Rachel! I used to like my nails long but now I keep them short hehe. Plus as a nurse I can't have them long =(

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Stavroula: Ahhhh it just takes practise Stavroula! If you take a look at my 1st few posts on my blog I was heaps messy so don't worry =)

    @Martje: Yeah they're lots of fun! They're 3D too hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Concepteur de Chocolat: OPI definitely have some wonderful polishes. I found this polish to last for some time without chips!

    @Danielle: Thanks Danielle =D I've only had time for simple manis lately unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @makeupbykatie: Thanks Katie!! =)

    @Alice: I love the glitters the most too! They are just spectacular and just look sooooooooo good. Ali's Big Break is such a gorgeous red so it's high on my favourites too for OPI!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...