Royal wedding nails!

Unless you've been living under a rock I'm sure you know that the royal wedding is on today! I don't care too much about the royals (OK maybe I secretly do have a fascination with them) but I am such a hopeless romantic and I absolutely adore a good royal wedding. Weddings are such beautiful events and especially with all the pomp and ceremony it's such a show! Of course I had to do a mani to celebrate the wedding of the year!

Photobucket

I've wanted to do a Union Jack mani for ages so of course this was the perfect opportunity! My mani was a huge hit at work today which was a nice way to brighten up my day =) My British workmate ABSOLUTELY adored it and even took a pic to send home to friends and family which was awesome! xp

I started off with 1 coat of "underwear polish" in Icing Rebellious to prevent staining. I then applied 2 coats of Orly Royal Navy to all fingers except my ring finger.

Photobucket

For my ring finger I wanted to replicate the gorgeous engagement ring. I used 3 coats of Ulta 3 lily white as a base and used Born Pretty dotting tool to dot an oval using China Glaze Up All Night for the sapphire. I then applied silver rhinestones to replicate the diamonds.

Photobucket

For the Union Jack I used Kiss nail art paint striper in white to freehand the white lines and CM nail art striper in red glitter over the white.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've recently discovered the joys of Instagram so here's a bonus pic which I tweeted last night. Follow me on Twitter for preview pics of my manis as I don't always post about them straight away ;)

Photobucket

Obviously royal weddings aren't for everyone but who doesn't love a fairytale love story?!! Off to watch the ceremony now!! Will you be watching?

Thanks for looking!!

38 comments:

  1. Oh my GOD I LOVE IT!!!!

    I am seriously considering doing this for work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats gorgeous! Ive gone with purple as historically its a royal colour...never thought of doing a british theme. Fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the PERFECT mani to celebrate the wedding! The base colour is beyond gorgeous and I love the ring finger.

    I've watched part of the ceremony. Lots of praying and singing, but Kate's dress was beautiful and classy. Just waiting for the balcony kiss now! It's like a fairytale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's awesomeeeee!!! you are so creative! even the ring? wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your thumb is the perfect shape for flags! hahaha.
    and the ring was a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww so nice :) the blue polish is gorgeous! love your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay to Instagram! And I am loving this mani, particularly the ring finger! So CUTE and you nailed the engagement ring design! (lol pardon the puns in this comment)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad the whatsapp connection is crap today, bt I wanna tell u I certainly love ur nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is incredible!!! You are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how you did the rhinestones on the ring finger! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I did not know the wedding was today, I just assumed it would be on a weekend. Ooops! I love mani, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT!! <33 GREAT JOB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this mani, and I love Instagram!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely! Very simple but with a twist :) Love the ring finger!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW I love this!! I adore how you've added the engagement ring design on your nail <3 Great job as always :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely nails!! :D Too bad I didn't/won't be watching the royal wedding.. I still don't understand what's all the big fuss about.. haha :3

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the blue color combination nail paint here rather then violet. And the white one is extra ordinary.
    hp

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Mez: I hope you do Mez! Send me photos it you do =D

    @thenailpolishproject: Yeah purple is for royalty but I did purple nails for the Queen's birthday last year so thought I'd do something different ;)

    @msrexy: Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Danielle: Thanks Danielle! I thought Royal Navy was an appropriate polish to use given the name. It's such a pretty blue too!

    It was definitely a fairytale wedding. So so beautiful!

    @Reous: You are so sweet =) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Rebecca: LOL I realised that as I was doing my mani! Haha. No I have no excuse to not do flag manis =p

    @Edwina: Orly Royal Navy is such a gorgeous blue with glitter flecks. The name is so appropriate too!

    @Emily: Instagram is so AWESOME =D LOL love your use of puns! I just had to do the beautiful engagement ring <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Ronnie: Awwww thank you so much hun! Times like this I wish I was in Britain to enjoy the festivities hehe.

    @Serena: I'm so happy to hear you like it Serena! Thank you =)

    @Tassa: Thanks Tassa!!

    @BeautyMark3d: Oh you are too kind! It's a very simple design to do. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Amy: I needed some bling to my mani so couldn't resist doing the engagement ring. It was my favourite finger to do so I'm so happy to hear you like it!

    @carissakuo: Thank you!

    @Varnish Vixen: You would think so wouldn't you?!! I guess royals just do it differently haha. Thanks hun glad you like it!

    @Dramaqueen93: Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @GothamPolish: Instagram is so fun! I can't believe it I didn't try it earlier.

    @Chris: Lol I don't think the Princess would have worn this as her wedding mani =p

    @Elsa.P: Thank you Elsa =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Jennifer: Awwww thanks Jen! I couldn't resist doing the ring, it's so gorgeous! I'd love something like it myself hehe.

    @Julianne: Thanks Julianne =)

    @deerest: The royals aren't for everyone! I just love weddings especially royal ones, they are so glamourous and it makes a girl dream of being a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the best royal wedding mani I've seen so far!! I love it! ;)

    I didn't watch the ceremony, I wasn't at home, but I can't stop thinking about Princess Diana... so sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. this so beautiful,
    love the blue color..
    and the ceremony was spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks AWESOME! I love how you used red glitter for the union jack in stead of normal red :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WHAT THE HECK!! THAT IS INSANELY GORGEOUS! It's totally perfect. omg love that you even have the ring on your ring finger!! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks awesome! I love them!!

    bluejasminevodka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...