Face of Australia Amethyst gold rose manicure + a quick update

My apologies for the lack of posts this week and lax replying to comments and emails. If you follow me on Twitter then you might know that I haven't been feeling too well this week resulting in a trip to the emergency department yesterday to get checked out. It was not fun waiting 4 hours to be seen let me tell you! And that was after flashing my staff ID =( Of course I had to choose a crazy day in emergency to be unwell! Oh well it was an experience. I'm fine now but I have a cranial nerve infection (basically an inner ear infection) which is causing me hearing loss, dizziness and headaches. Not pleasant at all when you wake up and the whole room is spinning uncontrollably and your head is pounding. Not to mention decreased hearing in one ear =S The upside was I got meds to help with the dizziness and the emergency Dr was absolutely lovely and got me an urgent appointment on Monday since I was staff hehe. Thank you to to the lovely ladies on Twitter for your well wishes =)

Here's my manicure that I did on Tuesday night. Lots of ladies on Twitter were tweeting that they were using the fabulous Face of Australia Molten Metallics collection (which I swatched for you guys here - Part 1 & Part 2) for their manis which made me want to get my polishes out too! I am really loving the full roses Konad image so I went with Amethyst and the konading in gold to complement it.

Photobucket

I used 2 coats of Face of Australia Amethyst as a base colour on all fingers. I then stamped full roses image from Konad plate m65 using China Glaze Passion on all fingers except my thumb. For my thumb I wanted a bling accent (ie. Blackberry bling!) so I applied 2 coats of OPI Sparkle-icious over Amethyst.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Normal posting will resume as soon as I'm 100%! I have so many exciting posts to share including the awesome Schwarzkopf event I attended, an Illamasqua master class and swatches and products too!

Thanks for looking as always =) Don't forget to enter my Glitter Gal giveaway!

21 comments:

  1. Lovely and understated. The 'Blackberry bling' really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the stamping combination and Sparkle-icious really complements those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look. I wish i could Konad like you! I have never quite got the hang of the stamp.
    Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you're not doing well. Take lots of care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that color combination, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a beautiful mani. I do miss you on twitter and posting on your blog - however, I'm really hoping you just get well very soon. It sucks when you've got stuff going on that takes you to the ER. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg so gorgeous! When my ban is over I really have to get some Konading stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack, hope you're feeling much better soon!

    This colour is beautiful :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg chelle, i hope you'll be feeling better soon *HUGS*
    your nails are always so pretty and omg! wonderful designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it gets better! Get well soon! But take your time, don't rush it :) we understand ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty nails! If I ever tried something like this, it would turn very, very ugly. lol
    Get better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful and elegant! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful mani! Swatching can also be considered as meds =] Hope you'll get well soon! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the combo of both gold and blackberry on the Konad, and the sparkle thumb is a really cute accent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Danielle: I love a glitter accent nail and the Burlesque glitters are just perfect!

    @KarenD: Thank you Karen! I love the combination of purple and gold and Sparkle-icious has those colours too which was just right.

    @Tara: It's all about practise my dear!! I nearly gave up when I 1st started believe me. Thank you for the well wishes xx

    @marox79: Thank you so much!! I'm feeling much better now =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Breigh: Purple and gold just go so well together! Glad you like the combination too =)

    @Chris: Ohhhh thank you so much Chris for your well wishes!! *hugs* It sucks to be away from blogging but I'm feeling a lot better now thankfully =)

    @Tammie: Yes definitely get some konading stuff!! It is SO much fun!

    @Alex: Thank you Alex =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Christine: Thanks so much Christine =) It's so annoying being sick x( I'm glad you like the mani! Konad have such wonderful designs hehe.

    @Akuma Kanji: Thanks Akuma, I'm glad you understand ;)

    @Angela: I'm sure you'd do a great job! With konading it just takes practise. I failed so badly when I 1st started lol.

    @Camy: I'm so glad you like it Camy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Amelia T: Thanks Amelia, glad you like it =)

    @Kayleigh: LOL it definitely can! Nail polish can be very therapeutic.

    @JustSomeNailsByMJ: Happy to hear you like the combination too! Glitter accents are my favourite way of snazzing up a mani ;)

    @Jo: Awwww thank you so much Jo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...