What great weekends are made of - nail polish and Korean BBQ buffet!

I hope everyone has had a lovely relaxing weekend! I didn't do any studying at all yesterday as I needed a break from the books, my brain hurt! =p I popped into my nail supply shop in the arvo to pick up a few items I've wanted to try. I mainly wanted to pickup some China Glaze and Essie polishes for konad-ing which I've been seeing on a few blogs but namely Sass's 'nad Stamping Stampede.

Photobucket
From L-R: China Glaze Love letters; Admire; Passion; OMG and For Audrey and Essie Apricot cuticle oil

Sasse has compiled a VERY extensive list of non-konad polishes that work well with Konad image plates which have been tested by many ladies who have contributed to the list. The Konad special polishes are recommended of course but as they can only be used for konading I prefer to buy normal polishes as they serve double function and are cheaper than the special Konad ones.

CG Love Letters
CG Love letters

Love Letters - Not purchased for konading obviously but since it was the 1st in the lineup above I thought I would review it 1st. I got this as I'm still on the hunt for the perfect sheer blush polish and this comes pretty close! It is very sheer and looks pretty much like a gloss but it gives a subtle pinkish tint to the nail which is what I'm after. Some may find it too sheer for their liking though.

CG Admire
CG Admire

Admire - from the Romantique collection which I purchased to konad with. This only needed one coat to reach opacity and was really smooth to apply. It's a pinky/purple metallic colour which I think will look great konaded over any dark colour.

CG Passion
CG Passion

Passion - Another polish for konading. This took 2 coats for opacity and is a lovely dark metallic-y gold colour. I'm not sure whether I'd wear it as a normal nail polish alone..

CG OMG
CG OMG

OMG - A really cool holographic silver polish. In the sunlight it changes colour and just looks so cool! The above swatch was 2 coats but could have used 1 one coat to reach opacity. I really wanted Millenium but I couldn't find it so this will have to do as my Konad silver polish.

For Audrey was swatched in the previous post so please see yesterdays post =)

Essie apricot cuticle oil
Essie Apricot cuticle oil

Essie Apricot cuticle oil - I haven't used cuticle oil before as I mainly use cuticle softener cream such as Seche Soft. It smells nice - not really like apricots to me but fruity tooty nonetheless - and is simple and convenient to apply. I noticed a difference immediately after applying it to my cuticles as they looked healthy and full of moisture. A definite must have product!! The only thing is the oilyness that comes with it (obviously) as I hate having oily fingers but I can live with it if it means healthy, polished looking nails.

And what weekend wouldn't be complete with some glorious food?!? The bf and I had lunch at one of our favourite restaurants Charcoal Mine BBQ at Parramatta. Need I say more - Korean BBQ buffet = unlimited meat and seafood = FOOD HEAVEN!

Photobucket

I don't know about you but I LOVE Korean food, especially Korean bbq. Charcoal Mine restaurant is all you can eat lunch and dinner and they have a great selection of meat and seafood to choose from as well as kimchi, selected vegies and dipping sauces.

Photobucket
One of our many plates: Beef cubes, scotch fillet, marinated beef ribs and squid

Photobucket
Spicy and normal pork belly and beef cubes

Photobucket
Sauces and side dishes

Photobucket

Nothing beats the aroma of barbequing meats and the satisfaction of cooking it yourself!

If you enjoy reading my blog please follow me!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...