Review: Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil oily skin cleanser

I’ve wanted to try Cetaphil cleanser ever since I read raves about it online. I don’t really like to purchase new skincare products until I run low cause it’s such a huge waste! Luckily I share products with my sis =)

I have combination skin and I get breakouts in the t-zone every month with varying severity. My t-zone can also get pretty oily especially after a long day (gross!). I’ve been using this now twice a day for about 2 weeks and I’ve noticed a difference in my skin. I haven’t had a breakout in 2weeks (!) and I've noticed a considerable reduction in redness meaning I don’t have to use as much concealer and powder etc. My skin feels much cleaner and fresher and my t-zone doesn’t get as oily as it used to as well.

My sis has similar skin to mine but her breakouts are worse than mine. She had a particular problem patch on her forehead for a while which just would not go away! Cetaphil has calmed it down and she hasn't had any new breakouts.

What it says:
"Recommended by dermatologists for oily, combination or acne-prone skin that needs special care.

*Removes surgace oils, dirt, skin debris and makeup from the skin with a gentle foaming action
*Rinses clean without leaving any irritating residue
*Doesn't leave the skin tight or overly dry
*Non-comedogenic (won't block pores)"

Ingredients: Purified water, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceral Palmate (and) PEG-7 Glyceral Cocoate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Glycerol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Masking fragrance, Dexpanthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate

Pros:
*Inexpensive - I purchased it for only $15.39 from Chemist Warehouse
*Gentle on the skin
*Water based
*Doesn't cause breakouts

Cons:
*The smell - it reminds me of cough syrup!

Will I repurchase: Yes!

Also I'm so excited because I won a giveaway! I literally never win anything so you can imagine my excitment at being 1 of the winners of Ena over at Shanghainese Dumpling's giveaway! Please read her blog it's fantastic and her son is the cutest =)

If you enjoy reading my blog please follow me!

5 comments:

  1. i want too! :D
    i heard this cleanser is using by many korean girls to get they smooth skin.
    nice review btw ^^
    have a good day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @yurina: It's my new favourite cleanser so definitely try it! Korean girls have very nice skin, I wish I had such clear skin!

    Thanks for stopping by =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this stuff every day. I love it! It's the only thing that has been able to shrink my pores and keep my zits at bay.

    http://sweetglowbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this product! I use Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser in the morning and the Gentle Skin Cleanser at night. It is pretty expensive but it does help keep me from breaking out. I have oily skin and I used to suffer from acne, thus I have maintenance face meds from my dermatologist. She recently recommended that I try out Papulex Moussant Soap-free Cleansing Gel, along with Papulex Oil-free Cream, both designed for acne-prone skin. After I finish up my Cetaphil bottle I might try the cleanser. I'm already using the oil-free cream. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...