My 24th

Photobucket

I celebrated my 24th birthday this week with a low key dinner at Hurricanes Grill at Darling Harbour. Hurricanes Grill has THE BEST RIBS IN THE WORLD. I am not kidding you. The pork ribs are so tender and flavoursome and just plain addictive!

I had 2 separate birthday dinners this year - one with my family earlier and one with the bf on my actual bday as my sis started year 12 exams this week. It was stinking hot so we sat outside at the restaurant and enjoyed the lovely view of Darling Harbour.

Photobucket
Darling Harbour

I started off with an Oriental Mule cocktail:
Photobucket
Belvedere vodka, crushed limes topped with ginger beer and served with lychees

We had a starter of the garlic mushrooms:
Photobucket

I can never ever decide whether I want to get steak or ribs whenever I go there! I was starved after work so I decided to go all out and go with the best of both worlds and ordered the steak and pork rib combo which consists of a 200g steak and half a rack of ribs.

Photobucket
Steak and pork rib combo with mushroom and monkey gland sauce and chips

The red sauce in the above photo is called "monkey gland sauce" (NO monkeys in it!) which is absolutely delicious with chips and I get it everytime. It's a chunky bbq sauce with chunks of onion and chutney in it - a must have at Hurricanes! The ribs are basted in this wonderful marinade which smells and taste so divine and the steak is heaven too.

The boy had the 350g prime rib eye which was delicious as well:
Photobucket

The portion sizes are HUGE as you can see so you don't need to eat for 3days afterwards! I could barely make it home after dinner as I was just so stuffed! =p

I recieved a Superdry bomber jacket I've been lemming for aaaages (but just too stingy too buy!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't wait to wear it out! It's the coolest item of clothing I own and I just feel like a total biker chick in it. I was sweating like crazy trying it on to take the photo so bring on winter. I also recieved a Thomas Sabo nail polish charm for my bracelet! It's so cute =)

Photobucket

I had mentioned in passing to my sis ages ago that Breadtop make an adorable puppy cake that I'd love to try. You can imagine my suprise when I get home and there's a puppy (cake) waiting for me!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I really dislike the fact that I'm getting older (but hopefully wiser!) however I'm blessed to have reached another year surrounded by friends and family =)

If you enjoy reading my blog please follow me!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chelle! Happy bday! Next year will be a big one that u can freak out about - hehehe! The puppy dog cake that your sis got you is adorable! I must pop into the Breadtop near me and take a peek at what else they have. Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL what a cute cake! it looks so realistic haha! that cocktail looks very refreshing and yummy :)

    happy birthday girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @misskitty: Thankyou!! The cakes at Breadtop are just so cute and taste yummy to boot. You must definitely check out the cakes next time you go!
    Hope you've got nice plans for the weekend!

    @Anita: Thanks!! It tasted pretty good too =p Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...