Priceline Hello Kitty nail polish in Violet Salome

Priceline very recently brought out a makeup collection featuring none other than everyone's (well a lot of peoples!) favourite kitty Hello Kitty. I'm a HUGE Hello Kitty fan so of course I had to get my hands on one or two of the products! I had to visit three Priceline stores before I finally encountered a stand but it paid off! I encountered a full stand hehe. The range includes eyeshadows, blush, mascara, eyeliner etc and most importantly nail polish! x) I only picked up one polish in Violet Salome as the other colours were quite boring to be honest. Your usual pastel purples, pinks and reds which are lovely but as someone who desperately needs another helmer I have to be quite choosy these days with what I purchase!


Violet Salome is a sparkly medium purple polish with light purple microglitter. In the bottle it looks like it might be a duochrome with hints of gold but alas it doesn't translate on the nail. Formula was good however a little sheer so 3 coats is needed for opacity which is pictured. Violet Salome applied well and dry time was reasonable and it dried to a roughish texture because of the microglitter so I'd recommend a coat of topcoat. Wear time is not that great - I starting getting tipwear and chips on about day 2 but it's a very pretty polish so I'll put up with it!

Close up:




Here's a quick Instagram pic I took of the nail polishes in the display - it's so cute!


They also had a promotion going at the time where you could receive a Hello Kitty plushie if you purchased 2 or more products from the range! Of course I couldn't resist and bought another bottle of Violet Salome for a swap hehe. I'm not sure this promotion is still going but be sure to check it out if you can Aussie ladies! The polishes are available now from Priceline stores Australia wide for $9.95.


Will you be trying these? Thanks for looking as always! I hope you're all having a lovely weekend =)

22 comments:

  1. Really pretty purple. I don't know if we have any Hello Kitty products here, but I will definitely be searching for it.

    'Chelle, do you have a post about how you take care of your nails? They are really nice, and I was searching, maybe you had already put up a post, but I couldn't find one. Just looking for tips and advice ;) Thanks if you can provide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the product packaging which is a plus. The shades look nice too. Any idea where they are made?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Hello Kitty, and the color of the nail polish is really nice too!

    xoxo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color is beautiful!!
    I love it!
    You're lucky to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo I really like the colour and the bottle! :) very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the polish bottle is so cute! I love Hello Kitty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's truly a nice shade you picked!
    I started wondering after the first pic "wow its such a smooth glitter"
    then I read "yea theres topcoat, cause it's chunky" haha

    downside of glitter :(

    would you try mixing it up with something? since it's so sheer, maybe you can also play with it :D?

    very cute stand :D and they are so affordable too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cannot wait to check out priceline now keke i don't mind if the plushie doesn't come w. it. i just want the hello kitty nail polishes! LOL the glitter looks amazing :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. *swoons* OMG I wish I could buy these!!! I love HK and this polish is so pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I haven't seen this range will ave to keep my ees open for them . Thx for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog, love all your posts! and especially this one, love hello kitty!! will def go to a priceline to hunt these down =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shade! And the plushie is to die for :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. omgggg! so prettty!

    how much were the nail polishes? :O

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Ashlynn: I'm pretty sure Sephora has Hello Kitty products! ;)

    I'll definitely try and do a post as it's been requested a few times but like I said on Twitter I don't actually do much to them! But I'll certainly aim to have a post for ya =)

    @Mystique_xo: It's an unusual bottle shape isn't it?! The writing on the bottle is in black so it's really hard to read the writing but I'm pretty sure I can make out that they're made in France =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Pat: It's a really pretty purple! Glad to hear you're another Hello Kitty lover Pat =)

    @Alice: The fact that it's Hello Kitty makes it extra cute hehe. I love purple glitter polishes x)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Pauline: It's an unusual shape right! Plus it's even got a fishnet pattern on the cap - cute!

    @Moni: It was the most interesting shade they had so I really only could get this one haha. LOL oh it wasn't that gritty like the really chunky ones but gritty enough to annoy me xp

    Oooh I'll definitely try layer it over something! Maybe a purple creme or something? A silver maybe? I'll have to experiment a little.. and yeah $10 isn't too bad! Plus I'm sure they'll go on sale too hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @khatsii: Yes go check out your local Priceline!! It's a bonus if it comes with the plushie definitely. I just gave mine to my sis as I have enough plushies haha.

    @I Drink Nail Polish: It's a shame these are only available in Australia. But I'm sure you have polishes available to you I'd LOVE to get my hands on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @msmadamemakeup: No worries hun =) Definitely have a look when you next go to Priceline! Might have to check out a few stores before you hit a stand though ;)

    @Jos: Oh thank you so much for your kind words Jos! Welcome to my blog =) I hope you find the polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Celina: I'm such a sucker for purple polishes and then when I read "free plushie" I know I HAVE TO GET IT haha x)

    @Cate: I think I mentioned it in the post but they're $9.95 =) Not a bad price at all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oops sorry! you did indeed!
    i was too distracted by the pictures :$

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmmm, I like the blue & green polishes(only because my collection lacks any other colour than the usual greys and blacks). Haha that's so cute~ Are all the HK plush toys different ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...