Ozotic Snowman manicure

Hi ladies! How are you all doing? All ready for Christmas on Saturday? Yesterday was so cold in Sydney that it felt more like Winter than Summer! I had to run back inside the house to get a jacket and I nearly got blown away by the wind walking to the bus stop! I thought this would be a perfect time to try a snowman manicure which I saw here on YouTube. It was also an excuse to finally try out my newly acquired Ozotic Pro polishes!

Photobucket

Ozotic Pro polishes are much raved about in the nail community but even us Aussies have trouble getting our hands on them! Such is life I guess. I finally managed to get my hands on some and I was most excited to try the holo polishes after seeing wonderful swatches on blogs. For this mani, I used a base colour of Ozotic Pro 617 which is a stunning holographic blue polish from the High impact holographic series.

Ozotic Pro 617

Man oh man it is a beautiful scattered blue holo! It's an in your face holo polish - just the type I love as you all know =) Above is 2 coats without topcoat. It has a very pronounced holo effect even indoors and just dazzles in the sunlight. As I polish my nails at night I couldn't get a pic of just the polish in the sun unfortunately.

Close up:

Photobucket

I'm still getting used to my new camera and it decided to do something weird in the pic above haha. In a way it was good so you can see the holo goodness blurred compared to the actual polish! Excuse the ragged cuticles - the sudden cold yesterday and my laziness to apply cuticle cream lately has caught up with me. Anyway, the application was a little disappointing for 617. The 1st coat dragged so I had to work quickly or it created bald spots but this isn't unusual for holo polishes. I did use a base coat so next time I'll try it without to see if it makes any difference. A thick 2nd coat solved the problem though and drying time was excellent. I didn't use topcoat to maintain the holo-ness.

Bottle pic:

Photobucket

As you can tell I need some practise with freehand nail art! When photographed it looks better than it does in real life =p I used Nfu Oh Nail Creation specialized artistic paint in white (which I hauled in HK) for the snow and the body and applied it using a dotting tool. I then used a dotting tool to apply Nfu Oh Nail Creation specialized artistic paint in black for the buttons. For the nose I used Color Club Wham Pow! and for the arms Color Club Charity Ball.

Photobucket

Here's a bonus pic for you! I managed to snap a pic in sunlight after work today as I left work 5 mins early and managed to catch the early bus. HOLO!!!

Photobucket

I so wish I had hunted down Ozotic Pro earlier! I purchased a few more too so you'll be seeing more soon hopefully. I have soooooo many untrieds >.< Do you have any Ozotic Pro polishes? What holiday manicures will you be rocking this season?

Thanks for looking!

24 comments:

  1. this looks so much like Teeez!'s Cool 02, which i'm wearing now. I just blogged about it, lol... This mani is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a few OP, but i will always want more! i am adding 617 to my wishlist. great job on the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have any OP but this is gorgeous! So stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that looks great! Your nails are lovely, are they all natural, or do they have a gel overlay?
    Ang xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 out of 10! I love the holo by itself but the snowman only makes it better! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I've never heard of it. What a noob huh? -_-" So thank you for introducing and for the beautiful swatch! Looking forward to the other OP swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great snowman! I love that blue holo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Where do you find the Ozotic Pro's in Australia? Would love to get my hands on some!! I just ordered the Milani Holographic polishes on Cherry Culture myself... my first holos!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Elize: Thank you Elize! The polishes definitely look very alike.

    @Jess: I didn't get to order them when we were doing our swap otherwise I would have thrown a few in for you! Which ones have you got?

    @Toesthattwinkle!: Thanks hun! I couldn't stop staring at the colour today - just so pretty.

    @Ang: You are very kind Ang =) My nails are 100% natural. I've never had gels or acrylics or anything actually.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This holo is GORGEOUS! And your snowman is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Thifa: Thanks Thifa! I wanted to do a few more snowmen but they took me a while so I gave up haha.

    @Kayleigh: Nope you're not a noob at all! I didn't hear about them until the start of the year. You don't see them in salons or stores so not too many people know about them I think.

    @Polish&Konad: I'm glad you like it! It is an awesome blue holo =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. perfect snow blue for your snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the polish! The snowman is so adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww adorable! That polish is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't even want to think what any attempts at freehand nail art or art of any sort would look like.
    Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the holo! And you're so good at nail art :)
    The snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, the colour for this one is really pretty! I was looking for a nice sparkly blue for Christmas! Thanks ^_____^ Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The holo in this is amazing! I really need to get my hands on some Ozotics; where did you get yours?

    I like the little snowman too! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Joanne: You can buy them from:
    Picture Polish - http://www.picturepolish.com.au or
    Australian Beauty Supplies - http://australianbeautysupplies.com.au/if you're buying in bulk =)

    Ooooooh the Milani Holo polishes look so awesome! Have playing with your haul =D

    @Rachel Marie: I don't have any blue holos in my collection so I was really excited to get this hehe.

    @Enamel Girl: It's an amazing holo polish and I agree it's a great snow blue!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Shiny: Glad you like it hun! Thanks =)

    @Gaby: It looks even better in real life. The pics really don't do it justice!

    @marox79: LOL I'm not very good at freehand myself but practise makes perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Jo: You make me blush Jo! Thank you for your kind comment =) I'm not a very artistic person so I get inspiration from different people/places =)

    @Amy: No worries Amy! I'd definitely recommend everyone add this wonderful polish to their collection!

    @Danielle: You definitely need to! Since you live in Aus, you can buy Ozotics from:

    Picture Polish - http://www.picturepolish.com.au or

    Australian Beauty Supplies - http://australianbeautysupplies.com.au/if you're buying in bulk =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i loove this color!!! its soooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. where can you buy the ozotic pro's, i love them!

    join the give-away on my blog here: http://www.fashionisaparty.com/2010/12/give-away-50-euro-free-shopping-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! Do they sell ozotic polish in an actual store too or only online?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...