Icing Rebellious patterned NOTD

I have for you today a quick manicure using one of the lovely polishes I received in my swap with Freshie that I showed you yesterday. I just could not think of a good title for the post though so boring I shall be! I decided to try out Icing Rebellious first with some added konading as I don't have many colours like this in my collection.

Photobucket

I'm terrible at describing colours but I'd say Icing Rebellious is a pale rose taupe colour. It's not something I would have chosen myself as I find I don't really suit these sorts of taupe/greige/beige colours. Maybe because I'm pale..? After putting it on, I was so pleasantly surprised that the colour actually looks OK on me! I'm so happy that Freshie sent it to me because I LOVE the colour and it's simply gorgeous! That's one of the many wonderful things about swapping - you get to try colours out of your comfort zone and usually it ends in a very pleasant surprise =) Now you would expect this type of colour to be streaky when applying and need at least 2 coats right? Below is just 1 medium coat for opacity!

Icing Rebellious

The formula is a little difficult to control though and I flooded my cuticles a few times but this isn't a huge deal as the colour is so light and a remover pen is always helpful ;) It also dried very quickly to a glossy finish (bonus when you're konading afterwards!). I'm impressed with Icing polishes and I hope the other polishes are just as pigmented and pretty on the nail.

Rebellious is a very work appropriate colour and I got loads of compliments today on the beautiful colour from patients and workmates alike. It is so work appropriate that one of my patients was actually quite taken aback at my mani and said to me: "What, no bright nails today 'chelle?". Haha!

Photobucket

I then used China Glaze Admire to stamp full nail design from Konad plate m64. I then added some small pink rhinestones that I received from Viva La Nails to the middle of the pattern.

Are there colours that you don't tend to wear but are then pleasantly surprised when you find one that suits you?

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

  1. this combo is amazing! would you come to Italy to do a manicure on me :D?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this manicure!! it looks so classy and vintage <3 love it :) wish i was as pro as you with konading! im still having troubles getting a clean stamp hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! this is so prettyyy

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's cute on you! i normally don't wear or buy nudes/taupes/greys either, but i found one over the summer that looks okay on me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. soo cute!! i love it its perfect for formals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh this combo is sooo pretty! and it looks lovely on you hun!

    Aysh xoxo

    trulymadlybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omgg, this is stunning!
    Really elegent and femine <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant and understated, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Alice: Lol yes of COURSE I would!! As long as you show me all the best restaurants for yummy Italian food and desserts =D Italy is on my list of places to go!

    @Agnes: Ahhhhh you are too kind Agnes! It takes lots of practice let me tell you. When I haven't stamped in a while it takes me many goes before I get a clean stamp don't worry lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Camy: Thank you Camy!

    @Amanda: Lol thanks Amanda =) Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Toesthattwinkle!: I was really surprised that I liked the colour too!

    @Enamel Girl: Thanks hun! Great to hear you found one that suits you too =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Oreleona: The konad pattern really compliments the colour I think! Glad you like it.

    @Aysh: Thanks Aysh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @AnnKiins'♥ : It's a bit different to my usual manis =p

    @Danielle: So glad you like it Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omgoshh I love this manicure! I wish I could konad cause your nails look absolutely gorgeous!(=

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Love the design color too!

    Follow me at http://collegestudentsnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. In love with this mani! So elegant and girly <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...