Candy cane manicure

Omgish I cannot believe that it's only 11 days until Christmas! Where has this year gone?? This time of year is always fun and I'm particularly liking the holiday season this year because of all the fun Christmas manis I can do! It's especially fun with the awesome polishes from the China Glaze Holiday 2010 collection that I've been dying to try out. Here's a fun candy cane manicure that I wore today using some of the polishes from the collection. My nails will be nubbins for a while as I broke about 5 wrestling with suitcases on the return home from my holiday!

Photobucket

I used 3 polishes in total from the collection - China Glaze Phat Santa, Frosty and Mrs.Claus. First off I started off with a base coat of Color Club Vitabase nutrient nail strengthener which I kindly received from Color Club NZ. I'll be using this on my poor weak nails for my upcoming manis and I shall do a review later!

I'm sure you've all seen and read about this fun collection so I won't go into too much detail about the polishes themselves. I used 2 coats of China Glaze Phat Santa on all fingers except accent finger were I used 2 coats of Frosty. I then added a thick coat of Mrs. Claus to thumbs to create a thumb accent. The polishes all applied really well for me - formula was smooth and easy to apply.

To create the candy cane effect, I used Kiss Nail art striper paint in white to freehand diagonal stripes. I am quite out of practice at the moment having not done nail art for the last 3 weeks so please bear with me =p

Photobucket

I picked up these cute Christmas water decals in Hong Kong and applied the candy cane on my accent fingers. These were a little more difficult to use compared to the Viva La Nails decals - I had to soak these for a while longer before they would come apart from the paper however they were still simple to use and look fantastic.

Photobucket

Close up of the water decal:

Photobucket

Hope you like it! Have a great start to the week ladies and thanks for looking!

26 comments:

  1. They look awesome! I'm painting mine red and sparkly as we speak! All ready for Christmas.
    Ang xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww..those decals are super cute..and love ur nails..=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I wore candy cane nail art yesterday, but I used scotch tape for the first time and my lines were not pretty. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, this mani looks sooo yummy! :) You did a great job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely manicure! Very cute, and I like the fact that not all fingers are alike. :)

    xxx Charlie
    Enter my Christmas Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great nail art ! Phat Santa and Mrs Claus are some of my faves in this collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute look! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything you do, but this is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little candy cane and your striping is awesome, even though you've been out of practive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is adorable! I love the overall look very much ^=^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, they are so cute !
    Love the little candy cane.
    You're so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beyond adorable! I really love when you do multiple designs like this because they're always very balanced and cohesive. This is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so so cute! And wow, how did you manage to make these fab lines? The decals are adorable too. Gah cannot believe it's almost Christmas XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally in love with the Christmas nail art, especially the water decals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @YoannitaL: Thanks hun! I'm glad you like it =)

    @Ang: Oooh that sounds wonderful! What polishes did you use? I'd love to see a pic!

    @yokeMun: Thanks yokeMun. I love water decals as they just make a mani instantly more fun.

    @Rachel Marie: Oh that's such a shame! I love your manis and your frankens =) I don't use scotch tape because I know I'll be impatient and ruin my polish so I'd rather a little uneven then messy hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Tiana: I got given my 1st candy cane for this holiday after wearing this mani! Thanks Tiana =)

    @Charlie, Feminine Bravery: I like to mix it up a little because otherwise I get bored!

    @Gwenn: Mrs Claus is definitely one of my faves too. Phat Santa was OK - I would have rated it higher but it stained my nails slightly =(

    @Bee: Thank you Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Jess: You are too kind Jess! I don't know why my manis end up looking "cute" haha.

    @Anita: Thank you Anita =) I ate my 1st candy cane for this holiday after this hehe.

    @Freshie: I wish I had purchased more of these water decals doh. I'm trying not to use them too often! Nail art definitely needs to be practised often otherwise you forget how to do it x)

    @Trincess: Thank you so much for your kind compliment =) My manis are nowhere near as artistic as yours though! Oh how I wish I had your ability to konad and do such awesome manis!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Stella Preston: Thanks Stella! You are much too kind. When I saw the water decals in the shop I just had to buy them. Plus I'm a sucker for anything Christmassy hehe.

    @Danielle: I'm so so happy you like these manis Danielle =) I'm not the most artistic person so it takes some time to come up with manicure ideas. I usually spend time on the bus thinking them up lol.

    @carissakuo: Thanks!

    @Christina: I just used a white striper polish! Then I did unsteady lines lol. I sent you a packet of Xmas water decals too! Except I can't remember if it's these ones or another Xmas one.. I can't believe it's nearly Christmas either >.<

    ReplyDelete
  19. @kirstyb: Thank you for your sweet comment kirstyb =)

    @Kayleigh: Water decals are fast becoming my favourite nail art! So simple, quick and effective.

    @Camy: Thanks Camy!

    @Enamel Girl: Lol thanks hun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. super cute! I love the candy cane sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  21. C'est très jolie mais peu mieux faire, les pailletes sont très jolies...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...