It's a dotty kind of day manicure

Hi ladies! Here's a quick mani I did last night. I had a freehand heart manicure all imagined but the hearts just didn't work out at ALL so I took it all off and did some trusty polka dots. I am slightly obsessed with polka dot manis!


What I used:

Pink and index fingers: I used 2 coats of Ulta 3 black satin and then stamped full polka dot image from Konad plate m79 using Konad Special Polish in white. I topped it off with a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.

Ring fingers: I started off with 2 coats of BYS Pink with a Punch. I then added 1 coat Catherine Arley 670 (a gorgeous light pink holo!) and 1 coat Essence nail art special effect! topper in 01 purplicious. Both the Catherine Arley and Essence topper were both given to me by lovely Christina =D

Middle fingers: I used 2 coats of Ulta 3 lily white as a base. I then stamped bow with hearts design from Konad plate m76 using China Glaze Admire and added a silver rhinestone. Topped it off with a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.

Thumbs: I used 2 coats BYS Pink with a Punch and then stamped full polka dots image from Konad plate m79 using Konad Special Polish in white. I topped it off with a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.


Here's a close up of the Essence nail art special effect! topper in 01 purplicious. It applied really well and I love the square pink and purple glitter!


I was playing around with my sister's DLSR and the pic below shows just how nice the holographic effect of China Glaze Fairy Dust gives as a topper. I love Fairy Dust and EVERYONE NEEDS IT IN THEIR COLLECTION!! XD


Thanks for looking as always! Aussie ladies, don't forget to enter my Scunci hair giveaway here!

27 comments:

  1. Such a cute mani as always my dear <3
    Ooooh Fairy Dust looks fantastic! Somehow it has escaped my collection so far but I plan on fixing this soon XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! I love the color scheme, and that glitter is gorgeous. I agree everyone needs a little Fairy Dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing manicure design idea as usual! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the polkadots too - so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of colours! The black adds a little oomph and contrast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty... I especially like fairly dust and I love polka dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute <3 i always look really forward to your posts
    xC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! ^^ All the little details and colours go really well together :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never go wrong with polka dots and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cute . I especially love the black nails .

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love the black & white nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the little extra pop you get from the Fairy Dust. So pretty. And I love polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so pretty i love it :D

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your mani! <3 In love with the pink & white poka dots & glitter top coat~ Looks great ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow It's soo cute and i just love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. the fairy dust is indeed lovely.
    After reading trough I feel like you had a lot of time to invest in this mani! Also love the Ulta Black Satin! very nice dark color!
    But turned out very nice. Loving the polka dots too.
    Good that you have a Plate, so no wonder the dots look perfect!

    I always try to paint mine and failin is inevidable xD

    Can't wait for more POLKA DOTS <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Christina: Awww thank you my dear!! <3 Oh you NEED it in your collection! I will help you rectify this ASAP!

    @Noniek: Thanks hun!

    @Nicole: Thanks so much Nicole =) Black and pink are 2 of my favourite colours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Jennifer: Oh you're very sweet Jennifer! It was quite simple to do actually hehe.

    @Beauty Soiree: Hehe glad you like them too! Instant cuteness xp

    @Jette: I don't wear black polish too often but with pink it tones it down a bit I think like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @lilpil: I think Fairy Dust is one of my most used polishes - it just looks so good!

    @C.: Oh man I'm so so happy to hear that!! Thank you so much for your support for my blog =)

    @Michelle: Thanks Michelle. It didn't work out as I'd planned but it wasn't too bad in the end at least!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Dhini: Thanks Dhini.

    @Freshie: I couldn't agree more hun!! It's always fun and girlie!

    @Akuma Kanji: Thanks Akuma! I quite liked this mani and wish I hadn't had to take it off so soon. It starting chipping today =(

    @Toyomi: The white polka dots just contrast really well against the black. I might do all that design another time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Veronica: Thanks Veronica! Those were my favourite too =)

    @Alaina: Fairy Dust just takes a mani to a whole new level. It's my absolute favourite topper!

    @Irishenchantment: Thanks Shel, I'm really glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Jen: Thanks heaps Jen!! =D Polka dots and glitter are always a winning combo in my book hehe.

    @Floor Daasvand: Glad you like it!

    @Moni: LOL now you mention it was a LOT of coats haha! I probably did spend a lot of time on it oops xp I do do my dots freehand from time to time but they end up weird shaped too so don't worry! The plate just saves me time!

    I'm experimenting with black cremes, still haven't found my favourite yet. Ulta 3 one is ok though! 2 coats only.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so so cute!!!
    I really love this mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The dots are adorable and adding Fairy Dust took them to another level!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...