Dior Addict lipstick in Diorkiss and Urban: swatches and review

Last week I showed you the little haul that Tammie kindly helped me purchase from the US. I couldn't wait to try out the Dior Addict lipsticks she sent me and I've been using them nearly every day. Today I have swatches and my review of Dior Addict lipsticks in Diorkiss and Urban!


What they say:

"The new Dior Addict Lipstick is a declaration of love between beauty and style, color and couture, and Dior and its addicts. A dazzling array of shades for runway-ready lips. Easy to wear, these shades dress the lips with a veil of color and spectacular shine.

With 25% less wax than a classic lipstick, this formula contains an extraordinary reflecting gel. The result is modern transparency, intense plumping hydration and a magnifying glass effect to intensify shine, plump the lips and above all, enhance color."



The Dior Addict lipsticks are packaged in a cool looking silver case with Dior etched onto the front. They look very pretty however the downside is that they can't stand up on their own due to the tip which is rounded. Only a small thing when you need to take photos of the product ;)


Dior Addict Diorkiss is described as a sheer dark pink and is the shade that Kate Moss wears in all the promo pictures ;) It looks much darker in the tube and when it's swatched than it does on my lips. I guess it also depends how pigmented your lips are too. Diorkiss makes my lips that extra bit pinker! I got a few compliments when I first wore this shade too x)





Dior Addict Urban is a Sephora exclusive shade. I LURVE exclusive/limited edition products so of course I had to ask Tammie to pick one up for me x) It's described as a sheer pale pink and it has some tiny bits of glitter in it too. It is the perfect pinky nude shade for everyday wear!!


My skin looks really scaly and icky here sorry. Winter has not been good to my hands!! *cries*


Overall: It was love at first swatch! Not only are the colours gorgeous but the formula is fantastic. They feel quite similar to the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks in the way that they are not your traditional lipstick formula. They feel very lightweight on the lips and aren't drying at all which is great if you're making the initial transition from lip gloss to lip stick.

I love that there are SO many shades in the collection but this also makes choosing a shade much more difficult! I am sucker for pinks and nudes and there are plenty to choose from as well as darker hues too.

Wear time is excellent but varied for both colours. I find Diorkiss lasts longer as it's a darker shade and even when it's worn off there's a slight pink stain to my lips which is nice. Urban doesn't last AS long but it's still decent on me. Approx a few hours before I have to reapply for both.

The price point for these are quite expensive but a girl has to splurge on a pricey lippie every so often right?? Plus when you consider drugstore lippies in Aus are sometimes around the $20 mark the price isn't too bad..


Would I repurchase?: YES!!!! I'm trying to decide what Sephora exclusive shades I'd like to try next for Tammie to help me purchase xD

Details: Dior Addict lipsticks can be purchased from Myer and David Jones stores for $49Aus.

For international ladies, Dior Addict lipsticks can be purchased from the Dior online store or from Sephora for $28US.

Have you tried the Dior Addict lipsticks? What shades would you recommend?

Thanks for looking! Aussie ladies, don't forget to enter my Scunci hair giveaway here!

22 comments:

  1. Buying these locally costs an arm and leg compared to overseas. Very very annoying indeed!

    I think Urban looks fantastic on you and I have to say that the first picture is absolutely gorgeous! It's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both. They are so soft and pretty but I'm not sure I could part with the cash :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lipsticks aren't really my think but I love the packaging on these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dior lipsticks! Diorkiss looks so gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE dior lipsticks, arn't they great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Urban looks amazing! Beauty swatches too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so want to try these now, you and Tara have both convinced me!!!

    Wah!!

    Love the look of Dior Kiss!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I just fell in love with Diorkiss!! Though both swatch stunning on you!

    Besides Sephora I notice a couple of these available on strawberrynet for $31AUD which is pretty good considering its free shipping worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them too. I got couture, a beautiful pink, really bright but since these are so sheer, it ok even for work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! they are amazing on you!

    ps: I've just published the post about my winning in your giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow the lipsticks look great on you! i love your pictures, what kind of camera are you using? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous lippies & swatches!
    Prefering the Urban, it looks very suitable for everyday use!

    I see they are just as pricey in Australia as here xD

    Props on the first pick set up! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Valentine: The ridiculous markups we have to pay drive me absolutely loopy!! Awww thank you hun, I'm really quite proud of how my picture turned out!! I was inspired by the promo pics for the range =)

    @Nail Stories: Glad you like them too! It's definitely hard parting with cash like that but soooo worth it in my opinion hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Cherry: I'm quite a visual person so I love the packaging on these too! They just look so chic =)

    @Rose: I'm loving them too, I need more now oops. Thanks for your sweet comment Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Lily: They're fabulous!! I can't believe I waited so long to try them *smacks head*

    @Michelle: It's a really pretty pinky nude and would be flattering on most people. You should get it if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Georgina: I'll make sure to have a look at Nude next time! Thanks for the recommendation Georgina =)

    @Aleksandra: Glad you like them too =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Mez: You NEED these in your life sister!! Go and get Diorkiss STAT!!

    @Stacey: Awww thank you so much Stacey! Oh that's awesome, thanks for letting me know Strawberrynet stock these too. $31 isn't a bad price at all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Shir: I love the fact that they're somewhat sheer as well so you can build up the intensity. I wear mine to work a lot hehe.

    @Floor: Thanks!

    @Alice: Thanks Alice!! Ooh I'm going to check out your post now =D I'm so glad they finally arrived

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Diana: Cheers Diana ;) I use a Canon Powershot s95 - take a look at my "About Me" section for details.

    @Moni: I think I prefer Urban too! Both are nice but there's something really great about a nude lippy hehe. Thanks Moni!! I was inspired by the gorgeous promo pics and just had to do my own version. I'm going to try do more setups like that if possible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...