Face of Australia Molten Metallics collection Part 1

I am super excited today to bring you the soon to be released Limited Edition Face of Australia Molten Metallics nail polish collection. I showed you a sneak peek last week and I tried my very best to get them up as soon as I could! I hadn’t tried Face of Australia nail polishes before (I don’t know why!) so I was very interested to try them as I love to support local brands.

Photobucket

What they say:

"Adorn your nails with breathtaking silver, gold and bronzing shades in stunning metallic finish. A total of 8 rich, dazzling hues to make your nails the ultimate fashion statement this winter."

My 1st impression when I saw these was "WOW". The collection contains 8 beautiful polishes in different finishes that are perfect for the upcoming Autumn/Winter season here in Australia. They are Big3 free and contain 13mls of polish for the princely sum of only $4.95! Today I have for you the first half of the collection. I have a tonne of swatches and I don’t want to bombard you with them all in one post! For reference, all polishes are swatched with no base or topcoat.

I'm going to reserve my overall experience with the polishes for tomorrow when I show you part 2 of the collection. So, on to the pictures!

Photobucket

Titanium - A very blingy and very shiny silver foil. It applied very smoothly and evenly and is extremely pigmented - only 1 coat is needed for opacity! You can’t have too many silver foils in your collection I say ;) The brush was easy to use and minimal cleanup was needed. This was one of my favourites from the collection. 1 coat pictured.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

White Gold: A very pigmented white gold, somewhat champagne metallic. Unfortunately this polish was the problem child of the collection. The formula was somewhat thinner than the others and the brush was very floppy making application extremely difficult. It was also quite brushstrokey so 2 coats was needed to even things out. Excuse the bad clean up job with this polish, I got somewhat fed up with it haha. 2 coats pictured.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Iron Ore – a gorgeous black with silver and blue shimmer. This comes into it's own when it hits light and you can see all the lovely shimmer! It kind of reminds me of space. The formula is very pigmented and 1 coat is enough for opacity however the brush was difficult to use so another was needed to even out my mistakes. Another favourite of mine, black with added oomph! 2 coats pictured.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Amethyst: I wouldn't really call this colour amethyst as it's a lot darker, it's more of a Tyrian purple with silver shimmer. Another one of my favourites of this collection, plus I am just partial to purples hehe. It is absolutely stunning and perfect for a night out!! The brush was OK to use and it dried to a glossy finish. 2 coats pictured.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What do you think of the collection so far? Which colours take your fancy?

I hope you enjoyed Part 1 of my swatches! Stay tuned for Part 2 tomorrow =) Thanks for looking!

*These polishes were sent to me for my consideration.

28 comments:

  1. Oh my god that black one is AMAZING.

    It reminds me of a Chanel one from years ago, I think it was called starry starry night.

    I just night need to buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amethyst is so pretty - I am partial to a bit of purple as well ;)

    What a shame White gold was hard to use, it looks absolutely stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used Face of Australia quite a bit, and liked them. Though similar to your experience I have found the formula to be quite different accross their range. Their pastels seem to be less pigmented and require a couple of coats - but even without a top coat chiping is minimal. Then their more vibrant colours looked great with just one coat.

    Overall, the positives outweigh the negatives - and they are REALLY cheap! I will probably buy all of these newbies over time.

    M - Even Artichokes Have Hearts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THIS I must go check out =) $4.95 for the silver color I've been looking for? Sold! Hehehe...


    From a fellow Australian blogger ;)
    blushfully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iron Ore is seriously beautiful :o
    And I cant believe how cheap these polishes are! Can't wait to see the next half tomorrow :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these colors are gorgeous! *o* I'm loving that first silver one though!! Simply stunning. Can't wait to see the rest of your swatches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. white gold is super pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are really good! I haven't tried this brand, but I want to if it's under 5 bucks, hehe. I like the silver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't normally like black. but Iron Ore is just so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I think the purple might be my favourite! But seriously, this entire collection is impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh the silver foil is gorg! Although they all look so nice. Iron ore is wow! Looking forward to part 2 sweetpea!

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty to look at and I might pick one up if I came across them but I wouldn't intentionally go out to buy them, you know? Iron Ore is quite pretty though and I'm curious about that light olive/green shade.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to get my hands on Titanium and Iron Ore!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought I would come back and mention I saw in the latest Big W that FoA cosmetics (including nail polishes) are on special at the moment in case anyone is looking to pick these up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Mez: My pics don't do it justice, it's stunning in person! Definitely pick it up =D

    @Ruu: It's such a cool colour and very pretty indeed =)

    @Sara-May: I am a total sucker for purples of any sort and I don't have anything else like it in my collection. I was quite disappointed with White Gold but hopefully it was just my bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @M: Good to hear you've had good experiences with Face of Australia products! Before trying this collection I hadn't tried their polishes before so thanks for the feedback. I find with all pastels no matter the brand, they require at least 3 coats. Definitely pick some of these polishes up!

    @.blushfully: GET IT!!!

    @Alex: It's even lovelier in person =) and they are cheap by Aussie standards which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Alice: I couldn't agree more!

    @tiffyma: I couldn't believe how awesome Titanium looked when I 1st applied it!

    @christine: If only it wasn't such a pain to apply!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Chris: I think it's awesome that Aussie companies are bringing out some cool polishes!

    @Sophie: Thank you Sophie! Definitely give this collection a go, you will not be disappointed. And it's a bargain too so you can't go wrong ;)

    @Celeste: It's not your average boring black. The shimmer sets it apart from others!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Fables in Fashion: I am super impressed with this collection. The colours and finishes are just fantastic!

    @Aysh: I will make sure to get it for you when we do our swap in the future ;)

    @Danielle: Oh yep that's understandable. These colours aren't for everyone! Thanks for letting everyone know about the sale =D Unfortunately these lacquers aren't available in store until May.

    @Angela: Those are my pics from this half! Soooooo pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Iron Ore is a lot like 'Baby it's "coal" outside' by OPI, that was released a few years ago.
    It's one of my favourites of all time.

    So i will deff' be checking out this colour when it hits the stores!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omgosh these colours are great! And really, only $5 for 13mL?! You must be joking! I can't believe I never had a look at FoA np!

    ReplyDelete
  22. the last two are so intense! i love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you paint so well and the colours are to die for

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...