Essie Merino Cool NOTD

It's Autumn here in Sydney which means I should be moving onto more muted tones as the cold weather (slowly) hits. It doesn't really stop me from wearing bright colours though but I AM very much looking forward to wearing all the lovely darker hues! I was very kindly provided with a bottle of Essie Merino Cool which is from their Fall 2010 collection and has been recently released for Autumn here in Australia. I needed a classy, chic colour for my delicious lunch at Tetsuyas on Saturday and it was the perfect colour for the occasion!

Merino Cool is a gorgeous colour that's described as a "sensuous Autumn mulberry" which looks almost taupe in some lighting. My darn camera would not capture the shade properly though so my apologies. Think a darker and more purple colour than my pics. I find myself really liking these purple/grey/beige shades more and more now so expect to see these colours on my blog more often =)

Essie Merino Cool

Close-up:

Photobucket

The formula was perfect making application an absolute breeze. Merino Cool has to be the easiest Essie polish I own to apply so I am very happy! Unfortunately I find the formula on some of the colours Essie have in their collections to be quite streaky and in need of multiple coats. 2 thickish coats were all that was needed for opacity which is pictured. It dried to a high gloss shine and I didn't require cleanup at at all. On a side note I didn't do any nail art at all for this NOTD can you believe it??!

Photobucket

Essie Merino Cool can be purchased from Myer stores nationally for $18.95.

A big thank you to Julia for providing me with this product! I was sent the above product to sample but this in no way influenced my review in any way. As always, my reviews are my 100% honest opinion.

What are your favourite shades for Autumn/Fall?

23 comments:

  1. Thats a lovely shade! I love those tauepy greys for fall =)

    embellishmentsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shade!!

    I like dark shades for autumn then again I'm happy to wear dark shades in summer too depending on the situation.

    Essie polish is definitely my favourite at the moment. I'm going to hunt this colour down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your nail polish application is perfect! And the nail polish is gorgeous as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up Demure Vixen from Myer (with an $18 voucher, YAY!) and got compliments from co-workers and customers over the 2 days I wore it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I may pick this up if I can find it at CVS or something. I have Sew Psyched and I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This color's gorgeous and perfect for your autumn weather in Sydney.

    I agree with your Essie comment, I have 'SEW PSYCHED' and I feel like it's kinda streaky. =/ One day I'll have to try 'Merino Cool". :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooooo wonderful!!!
    I love it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful polish :)

    http://paznokcie-kamilkamilka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, the nail color look gorgeous! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this was my first essie polish and i love it. perfect for fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this color~!
    it's my all time fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @*~JuLiAnnE~*: Thanks hun!

    @Anna Elizabeth: I really like them too Anne =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Mez: I usually actually just wear what I feel like regardless of the season! Which is bad I know haha. Definitely hunt it down! You'll love it =D

    @Emily: Awwwww you're too kind Emily! It's LOTS of practise let me tell you xD

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jade Carver: Oh that's awesome!!! You gotta love those Myer vouchers ;) Demure Dixen is another very pretty and elegant polish from Essie.

    @Tammie: Ooooh I wouldn't mind picking up Sew Psyched! The colours in this collection are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @tiffyama: I couldn't agree with you more! It's the perfect Autumn shade. It's unfortunate that the polishes can be streaky as the colours are so gorgeous. I find it's usually worth the pain in the end because of the gorgeous colour!

    @karo: Glad you like it hun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @kamilkamilka: Thank you.

    @prettymom: Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Rachel Marie: I need to find myself some more Essie greys!

    @Mandy McDonald: What a wonderful polish to be introduced to Essie! Glad you like it too =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Ellie: I love it too =)

    @snowbunnytales: Lovely to hear you like it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...