Pretty in Pink nails for High Tea

Hi ladies! How was your weekend? Mine went by FAR too quickly unfortunately. I had to reschedule my plans for Saturday as I needed to rest up but my ankle is feeling so much better now so it was worth the sacrifice x) Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a blogger meet up along with 14 other Sydney beauty bloggers for a spot of High Tea at The Victoria Room in Darlinghurst. I decided to go for some pretty pink nails to fit in with the occasion!


I stuffed up my index finger but you can't really tell in the pics, my mani actually looks better in my pics than it did in real life! What I used for my manicure:


Pinky: 2 coats of China Glaze Something Sweet with full floral image from Konad plate m71 using China Glaze Admire.

Ring finger: 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow. I then created a rhinestone bow using silver and pink rhinestones.

Middle finger: 2 coats of China Glaze Something Sweet topped with 2 coats of the amazing Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air. The pastel blue base of GITA turned the pink base somewhat lavender-ish which was kinda nice!

Index finger: 2 coats of China Glaze Something Sweet as base. I then stamped lace design from Konad plate m71 using Konad Special Polish in white. I stamped it crooked!! x(

Thumb: 2 coats of China Glaze Something Sweet as a base. I then freehanded a French tip using Eyeko Chi Chi polish and added silver glitter to the smile line using Kiss nail art striper in silver glitter.



I love high tea but I’ve never been to The Victoria Rooms so I was looking forward to trying it out. Unfortunately I didn’t take too many photos because the Victoria Rooms is just SO darned dark which means photos turn out crappy. The lack of light is all part of the ambiance I’m sure but I like to actually see what I’m eating and who I’m talking to! The food was delicious and the company was great though.

Photobucket

We also did a little swap and I picked up a few goodies which was nice!

Photobucket

Big thanks to Sara-May for organising it! Can’t wait for the next meet up =) What did you get up to on the weekend? Also, happy 4th of July to my US readers!!

Thanks for looking as always! =D

20 comments:

  1. Your nails are SO cute, and oh my what a swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect mani for a "royal" event ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are gorgeous, Im loving the Konad plates you used ^^ Super pretty! Aww sounds like you had a wonderful time. I have been wanting to do a swap for ages ^^

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pink mani...and mmm...scones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loooove your nails!!
    And I want to eat these cakes!!
    Amazing swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails are just a gorgeous mix of everying .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails are absolutely amazing and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "my mani actually looks better in my pics than it did in real life!" lol, you are so funny!

    lovely nails! I especially like the middle finger design :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honey,

    Do you use a paint brush to free hand your tips or just the nail polish bottle brush?

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely pricess like mani :) liking the variations you choose :D

    this victorian room looks very classy but don't understand why it's so dark :( also on the webpage

    also nice swap !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving this cute manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you mani! It's so pretty! How'd you do the lace-like design on your index finger?

    ReplyDelete
  13. oOoh loving China Glaze 'something sweet'. Perfect for the occassion =)
    hope you get well and recover soon Chelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your manicures are always so cute and feminine !
    I'm in love with the pinkie and the index, it makes me wish to have Konad plates :(
    Xx. S

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the mani, it's so cute and girly :)
    Ooooh and it seems you had a fab day my dear!
    The food looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...