Cult Nails My Kind of Cool Aid swatches + stamping

Hi ladies! A very quick post for you today featuring a mani I did a little while ago featuring one of the lovely polishes I hauled last month from Cult Nails. I needed a demure mani for an event I was attending and My Kind of Cool Aid was the perfect shade!

For those who haven't come across Cult Nails before, it's the nail polish company created by R3 Daily blogger Maria. In 2010, Maria developed her own line of nail polishes with a green philosophy - all polishes are vegan friendly and packaged using recyclable materials. The nail polishes are Big 3 Free and don't contain Phthalate or Camphor which is fantastic. They are a cruelty free company and do not test on animals.

Photobucket

My Kind of Cool Aid was the very first Cult Nails colour and was released on January 11 2011 in its Inaugural collection. It's described as a purple/gray - a "gravender" creme polish with a delicate shimmer. It is an ABSOLUTELY gorgeous shade! It leans more grey on me and is the perfect shade for this time of year in Sydney. It's work appropriate but the shimmer sets it apart and makes it extra special. I LOVE SHIMMER!

Close up:

Photobucket

The bottle shape is very similar to Catrice bottles so it took a moment to get used to using as I prefer the normal bottle caps. I love the look of the round bottles but the cap throws me! The brush is nice and firm but very flexible and fantastic to use. It's very easy to control the polish and no clean up was needed whatsoever. The formula is a dream - it glided onto my nails and only 2 coats was needed for opacity which is pictured in all photos (no topcoat). Dry time was average and it dried to a high gloss finish.

Photobucket

As usual I can't leave any mani alone so I added some subtle stamping with China Glaze Awaken using Konad plate m71. You couldn't really notice the stamping unless you looked closely!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My Kind of Cool Aid can be purchased from the Cult Nails online store for $10. I purchased my bottle during a sale which Maria does from time to time so make sure you keep an eye out for them! I think it's so awesome that a fellow blogger has followed her dream and created her own line of nail polishes!! I think it's every little girl's dream x)

What do you think? Have you tried Cult Nail polishes yourself? Thanks for looking as always!

13 comments:

  1. Simple but nice!!!! I think I gotta get my hands on some Konad and be less boring with my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still becoming a fan of Cult Nails, I do adore the bottle and the name and some shades of course, but what I like the most is, indeed, that the creator had the strength to follow this dream of hers! So I congratulate her and I hope to be able to follow her one day too!!! She's like inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the gravender (i love saying that!) is so pretty!! i like it with the stamps too! the shimmer makes it look extra special <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love grey! <3
    This colour is sooooooo wonderful!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The subtle shimmer is so beautiful. I've never heard of this brand but I am glad you posted because I will be checking it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, love your stamping :)

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love that color! I'm obsesses with grays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the gray with this silver stamping .

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shade is very unique. Love the shimmer in it! I can't wait until I order some Cult Nails polishes! The story behind Cult Nails is inspirational. Hopefully I can achieve my dream someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cult Nails colors are so pretty, but I don't own any ... I have to fix that :)
    I love it with the subtle stamping, it's really delicate and cute ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried them before but want to- Love this colour!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...