Priti NYC Ruffled Velvet Iris and Soy Nail Polish Remover review

Hi ladies! I hope you've had a good start to the week =) I'm going to be busy for the next week or so which means I won't be blogging as much unfortunately. I won't be gone for long don't worry! I'm very excited today to show you a beautiful polish and nail remover from a brand that is new to me called Priti NYC.

Photobucket

The idea behind Priti NYC came about when its founder Australian-born NYC based Kim D’Amato was pregnant. D'Amato had started to eat organically and like other new mums became worried about her unborn child's health. She frequented a nail salon full of chemicals and wondered why she couldn't beautify herself organically as well. In 2004, she opened New York's first organic spa Priti and her line of non-toxic nail polishes Priti NYC was created with the simple mission "to support organic farmers and to decrease the amount of chemicals poisoning the earth- and it’s inhabitants-one manicure at a time."

Priti NYC polishes are Big 3 free meaning they do not contain toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DHB) and formaldehyde which are all known carcinogenic ingredients. The range includes over 100 different shades and are completely safe for use on mums to-be and children too. The brand has since grown to include other products such as the Soy Nail Polish Remover, foot soak, scrubs, a recycled glass nail file and a line of non-toxic nail polishes for children called the Priti Princess collection.

Photobucket

I absolutely love discovering new nail polish brands so I jumped at the chance to try out the polishes! I was very kindly sent a bottle of Priti NYC Ruffled Velvet Iris to sample from the range. Ruffled Velvet Iris is a stunning dark purple with lots of purple and blue microglitter. It is just beautiful and I got so many compliments when I wore it! Application was a dream - it applied extremely smoothly and dried very quickly to a glossy finish. The brush is very easy to use - the bristles are firm but flexible - and no cleanup was needed. The polish still smells somewhat chemically but definitely not as potent as many other brands.

Priti NYC Ruffled Velvet Iris

Close up:

Photobucket

I really like the shape of these bottles too which are described as "apothecary-style" and are recyclable too which is fantastic. The only downside? Ruffled Velvet Iris wore terribly on me. I could only get about a days worth of wear before it started chipping which is disappointing. Perhaps my body chemistry? Other reviews I've read say the polishes last at least 3 days so it's most likely just me! These days I hardly ever wear a manicure for more than 2 days so it's not a huge deal.

Photobucket

I was also kindly sent a Soy Nail Polish Remover wipe to sample which I was excited to try. I seriously hate removing my nail polish and anything that will make removal easier and/or more fun is always welcome! The Soy Nail Polish Remover wipes come in packs of 10 and are packaged in a biodegradable Priti NYC muslin bag. They are 100% Readily Biodegradable, non-toxic and non carcinogenic. They are derived from farm crops and do not contain any petroleum ingredients and are approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The remover here is packaged in a very handy portable wipe that makes them perfect for traveling. They look and smell quite like the KFC moist towelettes actually! The smell of the wipes is lemony and very pleasant which wasn't what I was expecting.

Photobucket

Normal nail polish remover usually makes my cuticles quite dry but there's no chance of that with the Soy Nail Polish Remover! They are infused with coconut, soybean esters, and essential lemongrass oils which leave your fingers smelling and feeling lovely and hydrated. This also means your fingers are quite oily by the time you finish removing your polish which some people might not like.

Photobucket

The wipes are quite large and very easily removed nail polish from all 10 of my fingers. I probably could have removed my pedicure too with the same wipe actually! Not having acetone in it, I expected to have to rub my nails very vigorously to remove my polish but it came off surprisingly easily and quite quickly. I'm not sure how these would scrub up against the dreaded glitter though.

Photobucket

Overall: I'm a sucker for purples and Ruffled Velvet Iris definitely won me over! The formula and brush were fantastic to use and I would definitely try out the other colours in the collection. The Soy Nail Polish Remover wipe was fantastic to use and I would definitely take it traveling with me. No mess, no chance of spillage and they smell fantastic too! There's no chance of passing out from remover fumes when you use the Soy Nail Polish Remover that's for sure! I also love that fact that Priti NYC is eco-friendly, non-toxic and that the brand has such a great philosphy.

For Australian ladies, Priti NYC polishes retail for $17.95 and Priti NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover wipes are 10 for $12. Both can be purchased online from GAIAM, ikigai and Fingers & Toes. The Princess Polish collection retail for $14.95 and can be purchased from Ashnjuls.

In the US, Priti NYC polishes retail for $12.50 and Soy Nail Polish Remover wipes are $9.99. They can be purchased from the Priti NYC site. For a full list of international stockists, click here .

A big thank you to Rossana for sending me the above products to sample! I was sent the above products for my consideration but this in no way influenced my review in any way. As always, my reviews are my 100% honest opinion.

Have you tried Priti NYC products? Or for ladies in the US, have you had the chance to visit the Priti spa?

Thanks for looking as always!

9 comments:

  1. wow that's nice. I must admit, it's the first time I've heard of an organic nail polish. very interesting, keep me posted on this!

    Also the wipes seem to work perfectly. Do you have an after look shot x)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. organic nail polish... that's interesting. love this color, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the nail colour :O
    Really gorgeous. Ahh! How do you manage to get your nail polish painted on so perfectly?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this review! Never knew there were such polishes like these out there. I'm liking the idea of the remover wipes though. (especially the smell~ heh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely be interested in those wipes. The number of cotton balls & polish remover I go through already just trying to remove *one* manicure might justify the $9.99 price tag for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! That wipe sounds amazing. I use np remover wipes from work and it takes at least 6 to do my nails... don't like to over use them as my fingers get stained!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i heard about these wipes but never tried those out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you get this in NZ do you know? There is a vegan polish out without Formaldehyde, Toluene & DBP it is called Sparitual. I'm pretty sure you would be able to get it in Australia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...