My Hong Kong adventures Part 1 - Yum Cha!

I haven't done a foodie post in a while so I thought I would make you all drool with some HK food posts over the next few days xp I LOVE food and part of the fun in going to Hong Kong is eating LOADS! I eat about 4 meals plus dessert and midnight snack when I'm over there haha. The morning always starts off with delicious yum cha with my grandparents. My grandparents go to yumcha EVERY SINGLE DAY of the year (minus public holidays) and have done so for the past 30 odd years or something. CRAZY!

You can hover over the pictures for a little explanation and all images are clickable so you can see pure foodie action =D Now let the food fun begin!

Vegetable and scallop dumplingHar Gau (prawn dumpling)VegesDried vegetable and pork congeeSteamed mantou bunsPan fried eggplant stuffed with fish cakeSteamed prawn rice rollMa La Gao (Steamed sponge cake)Chao Zhou Fen Guo (ChaoZhou dumpling)Steamed BBQ pork bunsSteamed Chinese sausage bunsChicken feetWar tip (Fried meat dumpling)Deep fried seafood dumplingDeep fried dessert ball thingy with black sesame centreDeep fried glutinous meat dumplingSteamed egg custard bunPan fried rice noodlesLettuce greensChao Zhou Fen Guo (ChaoZhou dumpling) againVegetable and seafood dumpling
Pan fried turnip cakeDeep fried prawn dumplingI’m not sure what this is calledPumpkin sago puddingSteamed twisted shallot bunPan fried fish cakeSteamed taro and sticky rice rolls

My next food adventure post will feature my favourite food groups snacks and desserts so check back!

I would have liked to do a more lifestyle post with more pictures of HK but I didn't take all that many. I mainly took pics of food and family and highlights of Macau (upcoming post too!). I guess because I go every year I'm not so in awe anymore. I'll leave you with a bonus pic of Tsim Sha Tsui though:

Photobucket

Thanks for looking ladies! Hope you're all having an OK week so far =D

24 comments:

  1. It looks so delicious! Im exited about Asian foods because they are unusual here in Finland. We also have a very poor food culture, thats sad. Only meatballs an mashed potatos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are great! Makes me really miss Hong Kong >_<"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, it all looks yummy. You could share the recipes, if you have them -especially those which don't require hard-to-find ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...uber jealous of your HK trip! Looks like you had an amazing time, and the fooood!♥ Mmm, craving some taro sago now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, yum, yum!! Reminds me of my trip a few years back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm. Some of this looks like the food I ate at Dim Sum. >.< Though I don't know what any of it is called! I know it's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mm yumcha in HK is the best ! And haha, my grandparents are the same. They eat yumcha at the same restaurant every single weekend haha. I remember getting pretty sick of yumcha around the fifth time I had it though :P

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dim sum in HK is the best, I remember going every morning for breakfast! Ah so jealous you're in one of my fave cities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DROOL! That looks amazingly delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food looks amazing!! Yummo!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All that food looks incredibly delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, this made me want to run out and get some yum cha in the middle of the night. AHAH.

    that pumpkin sago pudding looks interesting! i've never seen that one at yum cha before!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can i just say i stumbbled across your blog a few hours ago and i couldnt stop looking through all your posts! We are exactly the same in so many ways!! And i LOVE your nails!! You are my new blogging inspiration :D.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The steamed prawn rice roll and the war tip look so good. Not something I should be reading at 2am.. Haha. I miss eating dim sum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmhh nomnomnom!!
    I miss Hong Kong and their food! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicious!!!! What is the middle photo from the second row???

    ReplyDelete
  17. yuuum this post made my stomach growl. gorgeous pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks delicious! A lot of the dim sums look similar to what we can eat here but I'm sure HK ones are way tastier! I would love to go to HK just for the food. I think I'd gain a lot after a vacation there :P Come to think of it I haven't been back for 17 years =.=

    ReplyDelete
  19. yummy!!!!this reminded me that i haven't went yum cha wit my parents and my grandma for quite some time now..i've moved to another country to work and i can't go back as often as i can..=(
    ah..Tsim Tsa Tsui.i remembered taking ferry to cross over..i miss HK!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am DYING!!!

    SO YUM!!!

    Hamish has bene to Hong Kong, I'm keen to go literlaly just for the food (and shopping!!!) these photos make me want to eat the screen ahahahaaaa

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness everything looks so delicious!!! I do enjoy dumplings...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Michelle, which yum cha restaurant did you visit here? The food looks great! Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...