Feeling the blues manicure

I'm not actually feeling blue but I was in the mood for a blue mani a few days ago! I wanted a blue mani to showcase my Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe glitter I hauled in HK so I thought it was the perfect excuse to break out some gorgeous blues!

Photobucket

I started off with a base of China Glaze Up All Night which is a navy blue polish with hints of shimmer that unfortunately doesn't really translate on the nail. It's beautiful though so it's OK! It applied very smoothly and easily in 2 coats which is pictured below. It's so glossy too and a perfect shade for Winter.

China Glaze Up All Night

I added 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe to my ring fingers and thumbs only as I don't want to use up my bottle too soon x) I then stamped full image design from Konad plate m83 using China Glaze Awaken and topped it off with a coat of Poshe topcoat. My Color Club topcoat is unfortunately reaching it's last legs and I have to preserve it until I can purchase more bottles *cries*

Photobucket

A close up of the gorgeous Across the Universe!!! Special mention to Abby for pointing it out in my post yesterday!! ;)

Photobucket


Photobucket

I decided to matte-ify my mani on yesterday by using Essence matt topcoat which Christina sent to me in one of our swaps.

Photobucket

I think I prefer this mani matte! What do you think?

Thanks for looking as always! =)

27 comments:

  1. Lindo de mais!!!!
    ...

    Beautiful more!!!!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO PWEEEETYYYYYYY!!! I love the matte and shimmery contrast!! Do my nail, pretty please :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Pretty Mani!! I agree the matte looks best, it makes the konad design look so much more defined ! Oh and could u please recommend some good bloggers, i really want to start reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. matte one for me too :P just cos it looks a bit more unique hehe but i like how you've mixed both on the one hand too
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. across the universe is very nice. really machtes up with that night blue shade underneath.

    I like it better on you without matte :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful manicure! I think I need to add Up All Night to my wishlist in addition to the Milani Jewels FX polishes :x

    ReplyDelete
  7. China Glaze up all night is such a royal colour. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, amazing colors, great mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you pass me a tissue? I need to wipe my drool off the table ;) It looks so good on you!

    (& thank you for the mention! (: )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it both ways! Mattified glitters are something unique, but actually this Deborah Lippmann polish looks alway gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! The stamped ones, after mattified, look like elegant and scary british wallpaper. Don't get me wrong, it is a compliment! I absolutely adore those wallpapers! *___*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this mani on you! I think this is one of my favorites so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. my gahd! i love this manicure!! its sooo unique! yeah i like it matte too

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Across the Universe! I never would have thought to mattify it but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you, I prefer the matte one better.

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the matte on the non Lippman ones a lot, not so much on the Lippman though it's not bad.

    'Chelle you are making me want this, and I usually stay away from glitters!! I hate the hassle. But ugh this really is so pretty.

    Although I guess now I don't do my nails like every other day, so a bit of hassle of removal for a pretty mani might not be as bad :X

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am amazed every time I see your nail posts. I love the idea of a matte top coat, it's so transformative to any nail look! I may have to pick one up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks amazing!!!

    I'm constantly in awe of your nails, how, how, how do you keep them looking so healthy?!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh its boooootiful!!!! That DP polish is just a stunner, getting paid at the end of this week & you know which polish is on top of the wishlist!! :D I think the mani looks gorguz both shiny & matte! :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reminds me of curtains for some strange reason . (:

    ReplyDelete
  21. wahh those DL glitter polishes are so damn pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! Looks wonderful matte too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my friggin god your mani is amazing! I also prefer the matte finish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...