Clinique Milly Pretty in Prints Palette - Swatches and Review

When it comes to makeup I am a neutrals and pink kinda gal - I just love the simplicity and ease of a neutral eye with a pretty pop of pink for lips and cheeks. Any palette that can accommodate my 2 favourite looks will always get my interest so I was very excited to try out the Clinique Milly Pretty in Prints Palette and Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Milly Pink. I was lucky enough to receive this when I got a sneak peek of upcoming Clinique products a few months back. I know it's Winter here in Aus but who can resist a pretty Spring palette with sweet colours in this freezing cold?? I've been using the palette regularly since I received it and I have to say from the start that I LOVE IT!

Photobucket

What they say:

Clinique's collaboration with the international fashion label Milly created a must have spring makeup collection. Michelle Smith, renowned design of the women's fashion and accessories line, played a pivotal role in developing the limited-edition makeup collection of essential eye, cheek and lip colours for Spring 2011. The rich brown and sweet pink makeup palette is adorned with a signature Milly pattern that is housed in a custom patterned pouch.


Now I have to admit that I had no clue about the brand Milly or who Michelle Smith was until I laid eyes on this gorgeous palette but oh boy am I coveting her designs now! Her designs are flirty, fun and feminine - something Smith associates with Clinique. Smith describes her collaboration with Clinique as a natural one having used the products since she was 12 and in this collaboration brings us two gorgeous limited edition Spring items.

Pretty in Prints Compact:

Photobucket

The sleek silver compact is adorned with the signature Milly print and contains a Limited Edition Color Surge Eye Shadow Quad in Printed Pinks paired with Blushing Blush in Precious Posy. It comes in a very cute custom patterned pouch (seen in my first picture) which makes it great for taking with you on the go.

Photobucket


Photobucket

The shadows are pigmented and are very easy to blend just like other Clinique Colour Surge eye shadows I own. And when I say they're easy to blend they definitely are because I suck at blending! I don't think the colours are new to Clinique as the shimmery brown and pink look familiar to colours found in the Like Mink and Strawberry Fudge Colour Surge duos but are very pretty nonetheless. Precious Posy blush is quite pigmented and is just beautiful. It gives the perfect pop of peachy pink to my cheeks.

Photobucket
Swatches of the eye shadows. Apologies for no blush swatch!

Full face:

Photobucket

The palette even comes with a handy instruction card on how/where to apply the products which is very helpful for eyeshadow newbies like yours truly!

Photobucket

Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Limited Edition Milly Pink:

Photobucket

Milly Pink is a warm-toned melon shade which makes its debut in Clinique's signature lip gloss formula. I am such a sucker for pink so you know I love Milly Pink! It gives me just the right amount of pink to my lips and is seriously THE perfect pink gloss!! I used to use the Long Last Glosswear's quite a lot before I discovered lipstick and other brands so it's reassuring to return to the same great formula and gorgeous shine.

Photobucket

Overall: I absolutely love LOVE the palette and gloss. Can I say it anymore? Neutrals + pinks are a definite winner in my book and especially when housed in a cute palette and pouch! I love the Colour Surge eye shadows and the Printed Pinks Quad does not disappoint in any way. Milly Pink gloss is just gorgeous and yes the PERFECT pink gloss.

I know some of you ladies will find these colours a bit safe or boring but I think the colours are a must in everyone's collection. The colours are appropriate for all seasons in my opinion which is fantastic. I love the fact you can create different looks with the one handy compact which is great for travelling. I took these with me when I went on holiday to HK last month and they served me very well! The palette would be best for those wanting a conservative look or for those just starting to get into makeup or those who just love neutrals!

I adore this palette and my only complaint is why oh WHY do things I love have to be Limited Edition??!!

Details: The Clinique Pretty in Prints Compact retails for $70 and Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Milly Pink is $35. Both are available from Clinique counters Australia wide from June 26 - July 10 2011. Hurry before stocks run out!!

Unfortunately for international ladies the palette has already been released and therefore no longer available.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. It's crazy for me to think that it is winter where you are, as here in the Midwest of the US it's summertime now and temperatures have been reaching the upper 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those simple rose shades too.
    It really looks good and natural on you :)!
    It goes very well with winter I would say :P

    How's the brush quality?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little bag, so cute! These seem like great basic shades and I like the how-to card too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty! I love Clinique's sliver packaging, it makes everything looks sleek. I never got eyeshadow from Clinique but remmeber getting a free gift (those really plastic-y box of eyeshadow sample) and I love the pigmentation of it. I am a sucker for brown eyeshadow palette and yours look really pretty with those light shimmery colors! And the glossy is so glossy. It looks really really good on your lips! I guess I will have to go check it out next time I hit the mall :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhh I remember these blushes from my mom's days! She loves Clinique blushes :) Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PERFECT spring colours!!!

    I'm going to buy that pallet it would be great for everyday use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours look gorgeous on you - I love your cute bow top as well! :) Milly designs are beautiful albeit quite exxy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this review! That packaging is soooo pretty! And so are the colors/swatches. :] Definitely a great buy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving Clinique at the moment, I've 2 eyeshadow palettes that were GWP and you are so right, they are soft, easy to blend & longlasting. i wear them every day. This palette look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...