Pink and white polka dot manicure

Hi ladies! How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was pretty busy and I didn't even get much study done =S I had a whole load of housework to do and then I worked Sunday which was enjoyable. I know lots of people hate working weekends but I love it - it's just so much calmer with less people around. Plus I like to have weekdays off with the house to myself! I'm so not in the mood to study at the moment but I'm trying to will myself to get back into study mode. It's not working so far though lol.

So the manicure I have for you today was requested by my workmate who wanted to see pink polka dots. I love pink and polka dots too so she couldn't have suggested a better combination!

Photobucket

I started off with Ulta 3 Lily White for all fingers except my accent fingers. Ulta 3 is an awesome Aussie brand and I have to steer clear of the huge displays of them when I go shopping. I'm likely to buy a whole heap every time I see them so even the pharmacy (drugstore) isn’t safe for me to go near! I'm still trying to stick to my nail polish/shopping ban which seems to be working.
Lily White is a white creme polish that dries quite quickly to a glossy finish. As white polishes go, the application was decent - streaky on the 1st 2 coats and opaque and glossy by the 3rd. Below is 3 coats without topcoat and minimal cleanup.

Ulta 3 Lily White

I used BYS Pink Panic which I won from Krissy's giveaway on my accent fingers. BYS is another great Aussie brand whose quality is up there with well known international brands.
Pink Panic is a bright pink polish and it's gorgeous! Application was great and it was opaque in 2 thin coats. I wasn't a huge fan of the brush in this one but BYS brushes can be a bit hit and miss. It dried to a semi-matte finish for and below is 2 coats to get rid of VNL without topcoat.

BYS Pink Panic

I then konaded dots from Konad plate m79 using Konad Special Polish in psyche pink and white. After I put top coat on (Nailene Acrylic Strong if you're wondering), the white dots over Pink Panic turned light pink which was I thought was nice =p I also added a pink clay bow on my thumbs as the full plate designs are never big enough for my thumbs and I can't be bothered to double stamp!

Photobucket

What do you think? The boy didn't like it much but my workmate did! Thanks for looking =D

35 comments:

  1. this is freakin' beautiful! soo cute =))) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh love it so much :D
    it's so damn cute ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's really so cute and girlie, I love polka dots. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest mani ever, i like it alot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is very cute, i love the bow in your thumb nail finger! awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely!! :) I love polka dots but i'm not very good doing them :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. this manicure is so cute! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute!~ the bow adds extra cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Polka dots are always cute and the bow fits in perfectly with the mani.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! That pink you used is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh! So cute :) I love this color combination!!! Great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is so cute.....
    loving the combination!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWWWW SOOOOO CUTEEE !!! lovee this so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh that's just so cute!!! <3 Your bottle of Lily White must be one of the exceptional bottles, or you've just got really really really good application skills because whites never go on as smoothly for me as they seem to do for you!
    Coincidentally, I spent my lunch hour yesterday searching around the CBD for Lily White because I need a base colour for my sheer np shades. Pity I couldn't find any! :( The bins have been thoroughly raided this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats a really cute mani.
    I have a few BYS nail polishes and i'm not overly keen on them :(
    they are watery, and streaky but I have gorgeous bright colours *sighs with disappointment*
    Really cute though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the clay bow makes it extra cute. where did you get the bow? i've been trying to find clay bows/ bow stickers/ or a nice bow nail stamp image plate..i have not found any of those yet =(

    i am afraid that some of the konad bow images are too big for my fingers..makes me sad =(

    ReplyDelete
  17. an award is waiting for you on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute...en de white nail polish...so great..I am looking for

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for all the sweet comments ladies =)

    @Joan: I like to think the latter haha, but Ulta 3 can be a bit hit and miss with their formulas. Sucks you couldn't find any! Better luck next time.

    @Bev: I don't own that many bottles myself but the ones I've tried have been pretty good! They can be hit and miss. My bottle of cracked black polish has a REALLY dodgy brush.

    @Li Lian: I got the bow free when I bought some fimo clay from Ebay actually. I'm trying to find some more now! When I have time I'll email the seller and ask her if she has any to sell or where she got them from. I'll let you know if I find out anything!

    Ahhhh it sucks that the Konad bows are too big for your nails. Have you tried the bows from plate m3 though? They are on the smaller side and are very very cute too!

    @maRyya: Thank you for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so so cute!! i love the clay bow on ur thumb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Nikki: Thanks Nikki! I'm trying to find more bows actually because I love them too =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is way cute :) love dots & bows!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so GORGEOUS! I like the ribbon design. So feminine. :)

    I am a new follower. Hope you can follow me too. Thanks! :)

    http://oh-my-maria.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Kelligonzo: Thanks hun!! I love dots and bows too =p

    @Maria: I'm glad you like it Maria! Thank you so much for stopping by and following. I will make sure to check out your blog very soon when I have more time!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Are all of ya'll friends?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...