My 1st flakie manicure and good food!

Hi ladies! Sorry for the depressing tone of my last post. The weekend has cheered me up - work still sucks but nothing I can do about it ha! - after spending it eating and relaxing Thank you for all your kind words =) I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

So here is a very quick NOTD to road test my awesome new Nubar 2010 flakies that my sis gave me. I did a test swatch on some nail wheels to see what colours looked best as base colours and I decided to use China Glaze Grape Pop from the Up and Away collection.

Grape Pop is a dark purple creme that is darker than it actually looks in the bottle. As per usual it was an absolute pain in the BUTT to capture correctly and the below picture is the best I could do. I found it a little thick to apply but still fairly easy. Halfway through my mani though I added 2 drops of trusty Seche Restore which did the trick. It's a very pigmented polish so 2 coats is enough for opacity or even 1 with super good application. Below is 2 coats without topcoat and it dried to a nice glossy finish.

China Glaze Grape Pop

I then applied 1 coat of Nubar 2010. I probably could have used another but I am rationing my bottles and using them VERY sparingly! It looks like I have a bald patch of flakies on my ring finger but it's not in real life, my hand just wasn't catching the light properly when I took the pic =p FLAKIES ARE SO AWESOME!! =D

Photobucket

I had lots of fun at the Good Food and Wine Show on Saturday. I went with 2 girlfriends and my sis so I was too busy to take many photos unfortunately! There was just so much yummy food and wine to try. We also watched Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris in the celebrity theatre - those 2 are just hilarious! They kept paying out Matt Moran and Aria haha. For the Aussies who love Masterchef we saw Alvin and Courtney wandering around too! We went to the restaurant for lunch were you could purchase entrees, mains and desserts from 4 celebrity chefs.

I had Gary's main of Bastilla of lamb, olives & pine nuts. This was so delicious and you could totally tell it was a Gary recipe! It was warm and hearty comfort food - just the type of food I love ;)

Photobucket

My sis had Tobie Puttock's Polenta Gnocchi with marjoram, tallegio and prosciutto. A little salty because of the proscuitto but the gnocchi was delicious.

Photobucket

I was tempted to buy heaps of food home but refrained. We got a Ritter Sport chocolate bag with 10 chocolate bars and a cute/funny patchwork bag.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Great for grocery shopping! Or chocolate shopping haha

Also some sweets from Treats from Home:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Love Wonka candy!

Thanks for looking! Don't forget to enter my 200 followers giveaway here!

18 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the purple flakie look and all of these tasty things make me hungry. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food makes me hungry, girl! I need to go back to the calorie calculations, lol (on diet)... thanks for reading my blog once again.... n by the way, another youtube guru u can take a look at on the nails tutorial n so on, take a look at "yoyoecho"... she does nails for her living, perhaps the both of u can exchange ur thoughts too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very nice, nom! And the polishes look great as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the flakies! and great combo with the grape pop! ooo~ the foods look delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the nubar flakies...but is it hard to wash off?cos i have problem with glitters.they are so difficult to wash off...
    and the food..goodness, i'm getting hungry!!
    i just bought some Ritter Sport's chocolate too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those falkies are stunning! I'm glad you had a good weekend and are feelin a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow purple with flakies, I have to try that real soon!
    I don't like chocolate ( only white chocolate, which probably isn't really chocolate ) but the picture of the bag and the chocolate-haul sure look yummie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better. Love the photos and they made my mouth water. Lovely mani too. I really want to get Nubar 2010. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum yum! I didn't get to go to the festival, but that's ok, I'm content with these photos. :) I agree that you probably needed another coat of Nubar flakies, it looks too strange on your nail with one sparingly applied coat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your mani! That is such a great combo of the purple and the flakie polish. Looks great! :)

    Gosh, why must you tempt us with such delicious photos. :( hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    I really enjoy reading your blog
    and the photos you have of your nail polishes are lovely
    I'm a friend of your sister :D hope that doesn't sound too creepy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tagged you - 5 Random Facts

    http://nurisrandom.blogspot.com

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Asami: Thanks Asami! I just had to try out 2 of my favourite nail colours together =)

    @Ronnie: Yeah I'm hungry again ha! No need to thank me, your blog is so cute and I genuinely enjoy reading it and seeing your great FOTD and beauty posts =)
    Thanks for letting me know about another youtube guru! I'll definitely check her out. I just wish I had more time in a day!

    @Shiny!: Thanks hun! Food and polish are my vices =p

    @Nikki: Glad you like it Nikki! I want more flakies now >.<

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Yokemun: I didn't find it too hard to take off actually, MUCH easier than glitter polishes. Oooh great minds think alike! Hope you enjoyed your choccies as much as I did!

    @Jessica: Thanks hun! Hope you had a good weekend too =)

    @Polishsis: Do try it! I love purple so I'm biased =p I wish my brain wouldn't like chocolate, my thighs would thank me haha.

    @lacquer wear for tips and toes: Thanks for the kind comment =) I can't compare Nubar 2010 with other flakies but I love it so GET IT too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Joan: Ahhh you should have! But there's always next year to feast on good food. Yeah I should have done another coat but I can't use up all the flakies in 1 go!

    @Alice: I'm so glad you like it Alice!! Unfortunately it started chipping pretty soon after cause it was a rough day at work but it was nice while it lasted =)
    Lol I don't do it to be mean, I just want to share my food adventures with you all!

    @Shape-less: Hi! Thank you so much for supporting my blog, I really appreciate it =) lol and no it's not that creepy!

    @Nur: Awww thanks for tagging me Nur!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 'Chelle!!! Those are my weaknesses.. I love anything sweet!! Save me some chocolates please! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGee!SNACKS!!
    I absolutely love the nail swatches! ><

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Nikki San: No worries I'll save you some! As long as you take me out for a delicious meal at The Village Chef =p

    @Kristin: I'm glad you like them! Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...