H & M Liberty Girl fimo NOTD

Why oh why are purple polishes so darn hard to photograph??? I had SUCH a hard time capturing the true colour of this gorgeous polish sent to me by Anita from KONADOmania in our swap. Please excuse the quality of the pics in this post as I had to play around with my camera settings. It kept capturing the colour as blue and not purple which really frustrated me! I must have taken at lease 2 dozen shots and the ones below are the ones closest to the colour in real life.

H & M Liberty Girl is a gorgeous pastel purple creme. I love purple polishes and this is no exception! Unfortunately the formula is quite thick which made application for me really tricky. I must add some thinner to this for next time and hopefully application will be easier! The 1st coat is quite streaky but a 2nd coat evens things out however I still had some bald spots. Below is 2 coats without top coat and it dries to a nice glossy finish.

H & M Liberty Girl

I then used CM Nail Art striping polish in Pearl to draw 2 lines across the tips of each nail. In real life CM Nail Art striping polish in Pearl looks exactly like the name - it's a pearl polish off-white in colour with a pearl finish. However on top of Liberty Girl here, it appears silver which was unexpected and surprisingly I'm really liking it! I then placed some flowery fimo on a couple of fingers and topped it off with a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Topcoat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope you like it!

If you haven't entered my giveaway yet there's still time! Enter HERE!

23 comments:

  1. omg ur pics always amazing. what camera u using hun?
    haha i ll put eyeshadow later when i do eotd or fotd haha too lazy put make up these days ><

    its trueee purple is hard to take pic of it.. i had same experience before lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one and I absolutely love it.
    I love the design you did on it looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lavender and your designing is so super.
    PERFECT,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ipehishere: Awww thank you for the lovely compliment! I by no means am a good photographer, I just point and shoot =p I use a Canon Ixus 70 which is a couple of years old now but it's a great camera. It's such a shame that purples are such a pain!

    I'll wait to see your EOTD!

    @Rebie: It's such a nice colour, I'm glad you love it too.

    @Susie: I'm really glad you like it Susie! Thanks so much =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the lavendar color is great and you did a good job decorating your nails, it looks so professional!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! thats really pretty :D kind of reminds of easter eggs :) hehe loving the purple colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so cute! I'm jealous that you have time for such pretty manicures! I've been busy cleaning and re-organizing my room all week!

    I love this purple color! It's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with this mani. So cute. And the fimo clay addition, so adorable ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that purple shaded. I have to check it out at H&M this weekend. Thanks for the post!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Visit me @ PetiteLittleGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fimo! I really need to try these.

    I tagged you with a blog award. Check it out at my blog: http://lacquerwarefortipsandtoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I’m having a blog hop over at my blog:
    http://www.nycislandgal.com/2010/06/im-so-following-you-back.html

    Come and leave your link so all my readers can follow you too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the purple ! :D and those stripes too .

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Pop Champagne: Thank you! I'm far from a professional though =p Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    @yardsticks 4 lunatics: Glad you like it Tiffani!

    @xAgnes: Thanks! Funny enough my boyfriend said it looked like Easter eggs too LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Alice: It's only because I haven't been cleaning and organising my room that I have time! =p Glad you like it, it's such a pretty colour.

    @Cel: Thanks! Fimo clay makes an awesome addition to any mani.

    @Tassa & Ansa: Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @PetiteLittleGirl: Definitely check it out! I wish there were H&M stores in Aus =(

    @Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes: Oh do try out fimo, it's so much fun! Thank you so much for the award!

    @Island Girl: Great idea!

    @Eva: Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I nominated you for Sweet Blog Award:

    http://tassas.blogspot.com/2010/06/sweet-blog-award.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colour! And the striped remind me of the American Apparel socks (:

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cute !!
    i have a giveaway in my blog come on see if you want !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the color!!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Tass: Thank you so much Tassa! I appreciate the award very much =)

    @Rebecca: Glad you like it! I'll be looking up American Apparel socks hehe.

    @Lily nail: Thanks! I'll be heading over to your blog and entering very soon!

    @Island Gal: Thanks! You too, hope you've got fun stuff planned!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...