Ke$ha inspired NOTD inspired by Jacie @ YGN + Orly haul

Confused by the title?!!! My NOTD today is inspired by one of the awesome manicures by the lovely Jacie over at You've Got Nail. A while ago Jacie did a Ke$ha inspired manicure for a friend and I fell in love with it. I'm not particularly a fan of Ke$ha (the $ in her name is ANNOYING) but this manicure is HOT! So I decided to do my own inspired by Jacie's inspired nail =p

For the manicure I of course needed a dense glitterly silver polish and a black matte polish. I don't have either so I decided to go shopping! I picked up Orly White Tips; Matte Vinyl and Tiara which I've had my eye on for quite some time.

Orly White tips; Matte vinyl; Tiara
L - R: Orly White Tips; Matte Vinyl and Tiara

I used Seche Clear as base (not pictured) and then Tiara.

Orly Tiara
Orly Tiara

Pictured above is after 3 coats of Tiara and it still didn't fully cover my nail as you can still see my nail tips. Besides sucky coverage I found the application disappointing (may be due to my skills) because I kept getting bald spots. I haven't had any real difficulties with other glitters I've tried before so I'm rather disappointed with this polish. It looked nice in the bottle!! Any recommendations on a good dense glitter that covers nicely in 1-2 coats??

I then applied a coat of Seche Vite (not pictured) to get a smooth base just like Jacie did. I then freehanded Matte Vinyl on the tips and didn't apply top coat to maintain the matte finish.

Ke$ha inspired manicure
Ke$ha inspired manicure inspired by Jacie at YGN!

With Matte Vinyl, I found I had to work fast because the polish was drying on the brush in the middle of me applying it! Because I applied it over glitter I can't say whether it applied smoothly as there were still some bumps after a coat of Seche Vite.

Hope you like it! Please check out Jacie's version (link above) and her blog, i check it daily.

If you enjoy reading my blog, please follow me!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I feel the same way about Kesha. I think she's super annoying. haha.

    What a great manicure! it looks super hot! :D

    I got the IP 63 and 66. I love them! At first they were so hard to use but now I think I'm getting the hang of it and I didn't even have to use their special polish either. I'm super excited for my next manicure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I know this mani! I was checking it out in her blah blah blah video thinking it was pretty funky!
    I love the way youve recreated it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alice: She just looks so.. scruffy. I want to give her a good scrub everytime I see her!

    Ooooh please post piccies on your blog! Of your manicures and the plates =) I didn't find the fauxnad plates as hard to get used to as Konad, plus it helps not wasting special polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Krissy: Thanks Krissy!! I haven't seen her blah blah blah vid but I must check it out since I did the mani from it haha.

    The mani didn't last very long though and it was a nightmare getting the glitter off =(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...