Bloom-ing great polish!

Hi ladies!
Late last night, my mum came rushing into my room to tell me about an ad she saw in the free MX newspaper which is handed out at the city train stations. It turns out that Aussie brand Bloom Cosmetics is giving away a FREE nail polish when you trade in any polish for today only at Myer Sydney City!! So this morning my sis and I treked out to the city to do some shopping.

The offer:

Bloom polish offer

You can trade in any old crumby polish and you can pick any shade you like from their extensive range of 80+ polishes! How awesome is that?? I traded in a near new Rimmel polish which I didn't like the colour of and my sis traded in a dodgy Korean brand glitter polish and we got Bloom Ava and Kylie in exchange.

Bloom Ava and Kylie

Ava is a gorgeous mulberry creme while Kylie is a lovely pink shimmer. I haven't tried Bloom polishes before however I've walked past them many times and admired the colours so I was very excited to try the polishes.

I decided to do my NOTD using just Ava. The colour is very pigmented however I found the formula a little thick, but still easy to apply. The pic below is 2 coats with a coat of Seche Vite. It was *@$%ing hard and darn near impossible for me to capture the true colour of Ava properly so here is the photo that is most similar. I even asked my sis to take photos with her SLR but it still didn't capture the colour properly. NOT HAPPY!

Bloom Ava

My sis and I are going to the Kelly Clarkson concert tonight and I really wanted to do a "All I Ever Wanted" inspired manicure however I don't have the right colours for it! Doh. Which means I need to expand my polish collection ;) I am super duper excited about the concert tonight, I am unashamed to say I am a lover of pop and Kelly ROCKS!! This will be the 3rd time I've seen her in concert actually =p

We also stopped by Lush and we got ambushed by the lovely sales assistants! They spent at least 15mins showing us different cleansers, scrubs and moisturisers for our skin and what would work best for us. Their enthusiasm was a little overwhelming for 10am in the morning actually! But they were so lovely and helpful =)

I ended up purchasing the Lemony Flutter Cuticle butter which I've been lemming for quite some time but put off since i still had others. It smells sooooooooo divine. I still love my Essie Apricot cuticle oil however on the go it's not very convenient for obvious reasons. I plan on dividing the cuticle butter into little tubs so I can have some to use at work, put one in my makeup bag etc.

Lush Lemony Flutter cuticle butter

The Bloom free polish offer is available for one day only on Saturday 17 April 2010.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks polish is gorgeous. I had never heard of it before.
    SUSIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is very nice! Wow, what a great giveaway! I'm always down to get free polish! :)

    Hope you have fun at the concert! Please do tell how it went! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @susie: Bloom does some great cosmetics and skincare too. The lipglosses are good! Try them out if you ever get the chance!

    @Alice: This is the 1st free polish I've ever gotten actually =p Anything that's free makes any product at least 20% better haha.

    The concert was FANTASTIC btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I wish I had seen this! I have so many I'd like to trade in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lorraine: I'm sure Bloom will have the promotion again! I'll make sure to post as soon as I find out next time =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...