Birthday card inspired manicure

I have for you today a manicure that’s inspired by the gorgeous birthday card lovely Aysh sent me in my surprise birthday package. I knew I would have to do a mani inspired by the card as soon as I saw it! It's so pretty and I loved the colours together. While planning this mani, I realised that my nail polish collection is getting rather large. I could think of 5 different slightly similar polishes in my collection that I could have used as the base colour xD It's a scary thought considering a year ago I was complaining that I didn't have enough polishes!! In the end I decided to go with a base of Art Deoo 280, some gold stamping and blue rhinestones to achieve the mani.

Photobucket

I received Art Deco 280 from my wonderful friend Christina as a birthday gift and I’ve been dying to try it out since. I haven't really felt like these sorts of colours lately though which is why I didn't try it sooner. 280 is a gorgeous dark magenta polish with fuchsia microglitter. In the bottle, it looks almost duochrome with some gold flashes but it doesn’t translate on the nail unfortunately. My swatches of it are a little lighter than it is in real life, the finished manicure pics show the colour of 280 more accurately.

It was very easy to apply and the brush was fantastic to use. Pictured is 2 coats with no cleanup required and it dried quickly and to a glossy finish! I'm very impressed with this awesome Greek German brand (thanks for the info Marox79!!) =D The microglitter adds that something extra to the polish and makes it sparkle.

Art Deco 280

Close-up:

Photobucket

I then stamped swirl and dot full nail design from Konad plate m64 using China Glaze Passion. I then applied some round light blue rhinestones (I don't have dark blue ones doh!) to my nails. Topped it all off with a coat of Color Club Vivid Color Intensifying topcoat!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Thank you to Aysh for providing me with the inspiration for this mani and to Christina for helping me achieve it!

What do you think of my mani? Does it look similar to the card? I love matching stuff!

Thanks for looking as always!! =)

58 comments:

  1. Your mani matches the card beautifully. Loving the Art Deco nail polish colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that matches great, awesome mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and classy. One minor correction: Art Deco is a German brand, not a Greek one. It is sold at Douglas perfumeries in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks so neat and awesome I thought it was a nail sticker! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW adorable! I love this color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous!!! Love the color combo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, LOVE this mani! If only I had the steady hand required to achieve this. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that looks amazing! It really looks like the card, and I think the light blue rhinestones worked better than a darker blue would have. Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks awesome. :) Ah, some more great nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've perfectly translated the design onto the nails!!! SUPER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is perfect! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo gorgeous! It looks just like the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mani is gorgeous as usual :) And I'm in love with the polish you used as base <3 It's soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE THIS! Absolutely gorgeous, well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That mani is unreal and absolutely AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks wonderful! I love trying to match mani's to patterns you see in real life

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks amazing. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you can get inspiration from anything, you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOWZAH!!! Aww its totally stunning hun, I love it! Hehe it matches perfectly! :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. stunning. it fits the card just perfect +_+

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so pretty! I love this color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is gorgeous and matches perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this is so stunning! The colors matches perfectly and i just love the color combo! :)

    http://wannadecodeme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did an amazing job! I LOVE this design!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG this is amazing !!!! I love nail art, you are super skilled xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did an amazing job taking the design from the card to the nail! Brilliant interpretation. I especially love that base colour. The bottle picture is so pretty, it's a shame the gold didn't show up.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty look! You paint your nails so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my god that looks AMAZING!!!!


    I have been practicing with my stones haven't been able to wear polish at work the last couple of days because we've had flu vax's and the infection control peeps do it. They tell me to take my polish off if they see it hahahahaa I have to hide my nails from them haahahahaa

    I haven't forgotten about your package - just been SUPER busy. I'll be back in 2 minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. great nail art!
    love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my Chelle, this is so gorgeous! It looks like the card. You did a great job. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow gorgeous!!! And looks like the card! You're super skilled at painting your nails!! I wish I was like you

    ReplyDelete
  33. omg i can't believe you did that! it looks INCREDIBLE and PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are seriously amazing! I dont even understand how you can make your nails look this perfect!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great !! I'd have never thought of mixing these colors, especially the turquoise rhinestones on a pink base ... But that works so fine :)
    I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. THANK YOU ladies for all the kind comments and love for this mani!! I can't believe you all like it so much but I'm so glad you do!! It was super fun doing it and even more fun rocking this mani. Expect more print inspired manicures in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lindo!!!!
    http://www.bellasunhasecia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...