Ulta 3 Speckled Egg collection swatches and review

Helloooooo everyone! Happy Easter! I've been super good this year and I haven't eaten many Easter eggs at all but one thing I couldn't resist indulging in was the new limited edition Ulta 3 Speckled Egg nail collection. A beauty treat is nearly as good as a chocolate-ly one sometimes ;) The speckled glitter look is so adorable but I wasn't sure I loved it enough to get the Illamasqua ones at $22.50 a pop though so these are perfect! I've got my quick review for you today but please excuse the condition of my skin at the moment - my eczema is playing up big time at the moment and I can't seem to get it under control no matter how much cream I'm using =(

 photo IMG_2859copy_zps265f04e1.png

The Speckled Egg collection consists of 6 super cute Easter shades with adorable Easter inspired names containing tiny black glitter and larger black hex glitters just like speckled eggs.

 photo IMG_2877copy_zps686dbf73.png
Photos and review after the jump!

hippidy hop is an opaque plum purple that applies well but was a little difficult to get the large glitters onto the nail. 2 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_3452copy_zpsc286df2d.png

 photo IMG_3533copy_zpsdda629e5.png

 photo IMG_3535copy_zps338c784b.png

egg-cellent is a pale pistachio green. It makes my hands look horribly red but it's a cute shade nonetheless and I'm still going to rock it haha. The formula is a little thin so I found 2 thin coats followed by a thicker 3rd coat did the trick. 3 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_3444copy_zps5d84290e.png

 photo IMG_3497copy_zps1baaf9e1.png

 photo IMG_3494copy_zpsef689e43.png

hop pink is my favourite from the collection and it's a gorgeous bright pink. It was the easiest to apply and 2 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_3443copy_zpsf180b96f.png

 photo IMG_3459copy_zps037dc299.png

 photo IMG_3467copy_zps38c383b8.png

blue bunny is bright robin egg blue and unfortunately it was the problem child of the collection! It was darn near impossible to get the large glitters onto the nail straight out of the bottle so I had to dab them. 3 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_3455copy_zps640242b7.png

 photo IMG_3547copy_zpsc250a6df.png

 photo IMG_3560copy_zpsd6156533.png

bunny bloom is a cute pastel pink that is a must for an Easter collection. 2 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_3438copy_zps8ed6b8a5.png

 photo IMG_3432copy_zps5f661ceb.png

 photo IMG_3436copy_zps752289de.png

hot cross fun is my second favourite from the collection and it's a pastel corn yellow. Formula was reasonable but I used 3 coats for opacity. 3 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_3448copy_zps80f4eb28.png

 photo IMG_3522copy_zps752e43aa.png

 photo IMG_3524copy_zpsfcef3756.png

Overall: Love love love!! Run not walk to get them while you can! Some of the formulas are a bit miss like blue bunny and egg-cellent however for the price you can't go wrong at all and the shades are just too adorable together. The polishes dry to a slightly matte finish and it's worth letting them dry thoroughly between coats so you don't get any bald spots.

Details: The Ulta 3 Speckled Egg nail collection is available for a limited time from selected pharmacies for $3. Check out the Ulta 3 store locator for stockists! I found these at Soul Pattinsons Pharmacy at Pitt St Mall however when I went back about a week or so ago they were completely cleared out.

I hope you're all having a lovely Easter if you celebrate and if you don't I hope you're enjoying the long weekend =) Thanks for looking as always!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches, as always! I too bought the whole collection and adore them - blue bunny is such a pain though

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...