Chanel Blush Horizon de Chanel swatches and review

When I was in Hong Kong a few months ago, I picked up my very first Chanel blush - Chanel Blush Horizon de Chanel from the Spring 2012 collection. I went into the Chanel makeup store determined to only pick up the Rouge Coco Shine in Flirt but somehow walked out with both! x) I am a sucker for Spring collections and just couldn't resist this gorgeous pink peach blush. It is just so darn luxe like all other Chanel products!


What they say:

"The luminous hues of sunset are now captured in one elegant highlighting face powder. Subtle gradations of rose, coral and peach can be applied on their own or blended together to highlight and sculpt the face or achieve an overall warmth and radiance.

To create freshness, use all of the blush shades as a harmony and sculpt your face using the beveled brush. For a healthy look, apply only the pink shade to the upper cheekbones and temples. For a glowing complexion, use the sun-kissed effect of a cloud of peach."


It's packaged in the signature chic Chanel black and white compact and comes with a beveled brush and velvet pouch. Sooooooo luxurious!!


Blush Horizon de Chanel is described as a highlight powder and has strips of dark pink, rose, coral, white and peach which can be swirled together or used individually. My blush brushes are way too big to use the strips individually so I prefer to use them all for a soft glow.


Swatch - left is the top half of the blush, right is the bottom half of the blush (excuse the scaly hand):


Swirled together:


FOTD:


Products I used:

Face:
Skin 79 VIP Gold CollectionSuper+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream
MAC Select Cover-up concealer in NC20
Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder
Chanel Blush Horizon de Chanel

Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Rehab

Lips:
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Flirt


Overall: Blush Horizon de Chanel is a beautiful and very wearable blush - perfect for Spring! The texture is smooth and gives my cheeks a gorgeous subtle pink glow. It's not supposed to be super pigmented and just gives the skin a lovely healthy glow. I like to swirl the colours together and I find it starts to fade after about 8hours.

While I love it, it pains me to say that it's not the most unique blush out there and not really worth the exxy price tag. It's great if you have pale skin (like me) so that you can use it as both a highlighter and blush for a pretty pink glow. For those with darker skin it might now show up as well as a blush but would be great as a highlighter. You can't go past the fact that it's GORGEOUS and that it's Chanel though and I'm happy that it's my first Chanel blush. It's so wearable and I will definitely get my money's worth from it as I'll be wearing it a lot!

Details: Being a limited edition item unfortunately I don't think it's available any more, BUT you may be lucky. It retailed for $90 here in Aus, $58US in the US and $540HK in Hong Kong.


Thanks for looking! =)

21 comments:

  1. I nearly picked this up when I was in Msia for hols! I'm glad I didn't, seeing as you said it probably wouldn't show up on darker skin. How I wish I was pale. Booooo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grass is always greener Celeste! How I wish I WASN'T so pale =(

      Delete
  2. The colour is lovely and you look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you for your lovely compliment! It's a really pretty pink blush =)

      Delete
  3. Amazing blush, it's just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree with you more. I'm a sucker for these types of shades!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. LOL yeah that's what I thought when I saw it! I let myself get talked into getting it x)

      Delete
  5. OH it is so gorgeous! Pity it was limited edition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so unfortunate that all the beautiful items are always limited edition! We need to petition the brands to make everything permanent!

      Delete
  6. It's so pretty, I almost picked it up at the airport when I went overseas in Feb but decided it wasn't something I really needed. It looks great on you, as does the lippy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Emma! =) I was hesitant to get it at first too but it's much cheaper overseas. You should still get at least one Chanel blush! ;)

      Delete
  7. ohhh i had mine sitting in my room now for a good 2 months. I go in, take it out of the velvet pouch, whisper sweet nothings to it and put it back . I'm yet to use it as it looks so lovely. i really must just suck it up and use it. Thanks for the lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I do the EXACT same thing with pretty blush purchases!!!! XD I got mine back in Feb and only used it early April lol. Do use it - it's really pretty.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how it gives a soft touch of pink - looking prettier than ever

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...