Flakie sandwich NOTD

I've wanted to do a glitter or flakie "sandwich" mani for ages but as usual never got around to it! What's a sandwich manicure (aka candy manicure) you ask? It's when you layer glitter or flakies between layers of a jelly nail polish. I finally decided to do one after seeing this gorgeous flakie jelly sandwich combination from Ivana over at Ivana Thinks Pink! Ivana always does such beautiful pink manis and I had to try this one out =)


I used 2 coats of OPI Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em, 1 coat of Essie Shine of the Times, 1 coat of Picture Polish Festival and finally another coat of OPI Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em. Phew! Even though there were so many layers it wore surprisingly well. You can't really see the flakies all that well but it gives a lovely subtle effect I think =)




I'll definitely be doing more sandwich manis in the future! I need more jelly polishes x)

Thanks for looking! I hope you all had a lovely weekend =) Don't forget to enter my 2nd birthday giveaway here!

14 comments:

  1. I need to get me a flakie polish. right now. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you DO!! You need more than one. Seriously!

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful! I never tried this kind of manicure, but think I will after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, I'm not always a fan of bright, in your face pinks or reds but this looks like a nice subtle colour and flakies make it look even better. I think i need to buy some flakies because they can change a look so much ( for the better )x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty mani, really girly :)

    xoxo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You can never go wrong with a pink mani, Chelle'xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sandwich manis! I need to get more jelly polishes so I can do them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! I can't wait to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is stunning! I've never heard of this but love the subtle effect it gives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww sweetie you're so cute! You know I adore your blog and your skittles so much! :* This sandwich looks gorgeous on you. Now I want to wear it again. xD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...