David Jones 175th Birthday: OPI Loves David Jones - Florence Broadhurst

I am an absolute sucker for limited edition products. Seriously I cannot resist especially when it comes to bags, makeup and of course polish! David Jones (for those playing overseas it's an Aussie department store) celebrated it's 175th anniversary this week and they've collaborated with a number of brands such as Glasshouse, Napoleon Perdis and Camilla to produce limited edition products. One of those products is a LE polish called OPI Loves David Jones and yes I treated myself to a bottle. And boy am I glad I did!

 photo IMG_2681copy_zpsb7efc0b2.png

The polish comes in 2 different packagings and I chose the Florence Broadhurst print packaging which is a bright blue patterned box with a clear insert in the front.

 photo IMG_2704copy_zps855e3583.png

OPI Loves David Jones is a gorgeous classic pinky nude sheer creme. I am absolutely in love with it!!!!!! It's soft, delicate and so so feminine - I'm pretty sure I've found my perfect Soft Shade. Perfect for those days when you need a palette cleanser and it would make a great wedding day shade too!


 photo IMG_2696copy_zpsa82365b8.png

Here I've used 3 coats however if you're careful I think you could get away with 1 thin coat and then a thicker 2nd coat for opacity. I had no streaking or balding which is just FANTASTIC! I've tried quite a few of the Soft Shades from OPI over the years and none really ticked all the boxes for me - they're either too sheer and therefore require 3+ coats for opacity (eg. NYC Ballet shades, It's a Girl, Bubblebath) or they're too streaky (eg. the discontinued Tickets to Paradise) so I was totally blown away by the formula and shade. It dried to a high gloss finish and dry time was no issue even though I used 3 coats.

 photo IMG_2794copy_zpse6088f75.png

 photo IMG_2810copy_zps00b90759.png

Details: OPI Loves David Jones is available from David Jones stores and David Jones online for $19.95. I definitely recommend picking this up!! I'm thinking of getting a back up actually!!

 photo IMG_2701copy_zps0cc8e0d9.png

I'm interested to know - what are your favourite soft shades? Be it pinks, nude.. I'm always on the hunt for holy grail shades so let me know in the comments below! Thanks for looking as always!

9 comments:

  1. OMG, amazing colour. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love classic pinks for everyday. OPI Bubble bath and Dior Dauphine Pink are my favourites at the moment!

    MyMakeUpCompulsion

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the color is so pretty! *_*
    its such a soft pinky nude, i would definitely try to hunt this down when i go dj's! great swatches :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful, and looks lovely against your skin tone! Sidenote: please do a post on how you get your nails to look so healthy and lovely even after you paint them so often! Not to mention, your painting skills are immaculate!

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful! I have always been a fan of Bubble Bath but always get annoyed at the multiple coats and streakiness. This is definitely going on the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand why you love this polish! I am still searching for a good soft shade for me. Most pinkish shades don't look good on me. The latest soft shades from OPI (Wizard of Oz Collection) were okay, but I am still looking for something better. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This definitely reminds me of Bubblebath but seems more opaque. Absolutely gorgeous!
    x Court
    http://madeinmarcelle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am a sucker for limited edition or tie ins, too. this type of color isn't really my thing but it's very pretty on you.

    the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing shade! You can wear it any time you want because it will always look perfect!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...