Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact in Gabrielle 60 swatches and review

I've had my eye on the Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain lipsticks (enabled by Tammie of course!) for a while now but the Aus RRP of $70 held me back. I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a single lipstick no matter how luxurious and beautiful it is. But then I popped into Cosmo Cosmetics at Wynyard last month and lo and behold they had the exact shade that I wanted for only $34.95!!!! HALF PRICE!!! You bet I snapped it up straight away =D I love a good bargain and it's even better when it's a luxury bargain. I have Gabrielle 60 for you today!


What they say:

A jewel lipstick compact with a white gold shimmer designed by Lorenz Bäumer, the young and talented jeweller in Place Vendôme. A horizontal design with feminine curves that houses a secret: a mirror automatically appears when the compact is opened. The lipstick has a pure elegant, contemporary design, and closes magnetically.

This exceptional object boasts a comprehensive, premium formula containing a star ingredient: ruby powder, which acts as an optical whitener to bring out the colour and shine of the shades. The blend of natural active ingredients (Tiger Grass, wild mango butter, Gugul resin, used in Ayurvedic medicine) complete the formula to plump up, smooth and bring moisture and softness to your lips. Available in 25 shades."


The packaging is where the Rouge G de Guerlain lipsticks set themselves apart from others. The lipstick is housed in an elegant silver case that contains a mirror which opens up when you pull the lipstick out.


Sleek, functional and so so luxe. It saves having to carry around another mirror for touch ups on the go! I can never apply lippie properly without a mirror haha. I LOVE the packaging and I feel like a million bucks when I take this out to use xp


Gabrielle 60 is a pretty pink nude with shimmer. It's on the sheer side but still pigmented and gives my lips a lovely glossy pink tint. The formula is creamy and feels fantastic! I find it very moisturising and it lasts a good 6 hours on me. The fragrance is also really lovely - its a violet scent and quite light.




Swatch:




Overall: Why did I wait so long to try Guerlain lipsticks?!!! This has become my new favourite nude pink lipstick and I am DYING to try more.

Details: The Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain lipsticks are available from Myer and David Jones stores Australia wide for $70 and from Cosmo Cosmetics at Wynyard for $34.95. Cosmo Cosmetics also have stores in Parramatta and Merrylands but I'm not sure if they're available there as well.

You can purchase then in the US for $45US.

Have you tried the Rouge G de Guerlain Jewel Lipsticks?? What other colours would you suggest?

Thanks for looking as always!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know right!! More brands should have packaging like this x)

      Delete
  2. No words...AMAZING. I love the presentation, colour all!! It's really nice chelle!!
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the most luxurious lipstick I've come across Marie so I couldn't agree with you more. It's just beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to find it for half off! I don't think I would ever pay $70 for a lipstick >.< I love that it comes with a mirror and the color looks so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't pay $70 for a lipstick either Rinny. It's just far too much! If I was loaded though sure lol.

      Thanks for your kind comment!! =)

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! The packaging...the colour! So lucky you found it half-price.
    Sharleena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am REALLY lucky to have come across it so cheap. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, I'm not even a lippie person but I know that I WANT this!!! If only for that divine looking packaging, so gorguz! Not to mention that colour is super flattering! :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous colour, and exactly the kind of shade I tend to fall for @'__'@ lucky you found it half-off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woooaahhh that packaging is insane! and such a nice colour! I would even be willing to pay full price for that crazy packaging though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The packaging is simply amazing! Moreover I am such a lover of glossy pinkish color :) it suits your lips very well :) great product!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...