An apple a day keeps the doctor away..

I have a thing for fruit manicures for some reason - see some old manis here, here and here - and today I have an inspired apple manicure for you all! I saw this beautiful apple manicure on Pretty Project tumblr (a fantastic source for nail inspiration) submitted by Rexi Nails and just knew I had to try it out myself. It is so freaking cute!! You can check out Rexi's tumblr here. I've tried googling Rexi Nails but to no avail unfortunately. If someone knows the creator of this pretty manicure please point me to them/their blog/tumblr!!. Here is my version =)


I started off with a base coat of Eyeko Nude polish. I then used a small nail art brush from Born Pretty Store to draw the tops of the apples using China Glaze Phat Santa. I don't have OPI Big Apple Red unfortunately! I then filled in the remainder of the apples using Phat Santa.

For accent ring finger and thumb I added a coat of sparkly China Glaze Ruby Pumps. I used the small nail art brush from Born Pretty Store again and Ulta 3 chocolate cake to draw the stalks. I added a green teardrop rhinestone for the leaf. Final touch was the shine spots which I did using a dotting tool from Born Pretty Store and Kiss nail art striper in white.


Close up of accent ring finger:


My pictures in this post you may notice are from two different cameras. My sister was very nice to help me take some shots using her DSLR! We had a good time doing a little "photo shoot" haha. And gosh you can really notice the difference in quality between the two cameras! I love my camera to pieces but boy do I need to learn how to use a DSLR..




I absolutely love doing inspired nails. I'm not the most imaginative person and I struggle for ideas at times so attempting to recreate a nail masterpiece is always fun and gives me an excellent challenge! It also allows me to link to great blogs and nail enthusiasts!

Where do you get nail inspiration from? Thanks for looking as always!! =)

52 comments:

  1. This is my most favourite manicure of yours ever... I love it!!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so cute!!
    I gotta try this design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite possibly one of the most amazing manicures I've ever seen. Soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they are absolutely gorgeous! Must try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! AMAZING! I love these nails! They look soo good! I want to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my fruit manis too, I really like how this turned out~

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww this is cute. That's a beautiful red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cute!!! imma have to try this! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this design! I think the shimmer accent nails look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute! I love it! I also like looking at tumblr for new nail ideas! Good job 'chelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG this is so super cute!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :D The photo with the apple is perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh i find it hard to be creative when it comes to nails too, I get my inspiration from japanese nail art magazines :) like nail up and nail max, they are absolutely cute

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is too cute! Your nails always look so healthy too :) xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable! I don't like red apples a lot but greens are my favorite. :D Great pictures, the first one is just like from the magazine! Love! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. omgosh you have perfect nails! and the design is super cuteeee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that last shot with the apple, such a cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  18. too adorable! love how you've kept the top half neutral. would work well as as a strawberry too =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, it look amazing!
    very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wooooo ^^ Super cute super super!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this mani! It's so cute ^^~ So very.. creative <33

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one of the cutest fruit manicure I've ever seen ! I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! It looks really classy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute and so neatly done!
    I love the little leaf detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. how adorabel and yummy ^___^

    really liking the ruby pumps over the phat santa <3 looks amazing and so vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  26. 'Chelle, this is absolutely adorable. I love it, especially the shimmering apples. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  27. ooo that's cute! thanks for sharing the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is one of the cutest manis you've ever done. It is perfect for fall (apples, harvest, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  29. SO CUTE! I love the sparkley red

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my god!!!!! This is adorable! It must have been so fun to do!! Awwww I have to try this out one day. You are soo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is adorable!!! i really love this!! i can't believe i just found your blog!! new follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I actually love this so much! It's so freaking adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beyond cuteness!! Best nail art Ive seen, like eva!! Love , love it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. god this is so cute!! wish I could do my nails like that.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very, very cool! I'm super impressed. I'm so unco with nail polish I'm normally pleased as punch If I even just manage to paint my nails with one colour!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LOVE this. I had to try it... I used Finger Paints Gogh Red! and then on the ring finger I added some Fairy Dust. I love your blog.. you have some great ideas and do them so well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...