My blogger outing with Jennifer from life and lens of beauty

Hi ladies! I'm finally nearly all better from my cold so I've been able to head out and about for some shopping. I've hauled a bit of stuff in the last few days but today I had the pleasure of meeting up with the very lovely Jennifer from life and lens of beauty for some beauty shopping in Tsim Sha Tsui! She very kindly showed me around lots of awesome places for beauty items - most of the places I never would have known contained beauty items at such great prices!

Once again, please excuse the crappy photos while I'm in HK. The lighting at my grandparents place is very yellow and there isn't much room to take good photos so don't mind the piles of stuff in the background of my shots =p

Photobucket

Jennifer very generously gave me a gift of Lush shower gel in Snow Fairy. Thank you so very much Jennifer - it smells absolutely DIVINE! You really should not have =) I can't wait to try it out, I'm going to smell good enough to eat hehe.

Photobucket

I tried (not very hard HA!) to limit the damage to my wallet today by only purchasing a few things. I picked up my first NARS goodies today from Facesss!! WOOT! Thank you Jennifer for allowing me to use your members card ;) I had to get Orgasm blush and also Pokerface limited edition polish from their Holiday 2010 collection.

Photobucket


How darn beautiful is this lilac???!!!! It contains a beautiful silver shimmer through it. The price wasn't so nice (I hate having to pay more than $15 for a polish) but compared to Aussie prices it was OK.

Photobucket

I picked up Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in 21 for a bargain price at a great hidden beauty shop that sold lots of great brands and products. I'm thinking I should have bought more from there!! I tried a sample of this back home but held off purchasing from the Aussie Missha store, I'm SO glad I did because it was a steal.

Photobucket
Very crappy photo sorry!

Some Skinfood polishes! i had a hard time choosing from the different colours, they were all so pretty! The pic below is not colour accurate though I'm afraid. The polish on the left is a gorgeous teal colour but it looks more blue here.

Photobucket

Jennifer highly recommended I try Laneige Water Sleeping Pack so I bought a small sample of it. I'll be trying it tonight!! On another note, I love all the sample size items you can buy in HK! Great way to test before you take the plunge with a full size product.

Photobucket

Jennifer and I were both curious about Vitacreme B 12 Regenerative Cream. We'd both read good things about it but had no experience with it so we got teeny tiny sample tubes to try! Can anyone enlighten us on the proper way of using it please..?? Thanks in advance!

Photobucket

I got some spare hair velcro clips. I have a fringe and these are fantastic for keeping hair off my face when getting ready.

Photobucket

Jennifer had to rush off for class so I went back to one of the stores to get some Golden Rose polishes. I take aaaaaaaaages choosing colours when faced with a tub full of choice so I didn't want Jennifer to have wait around for me! =p Since I started reading blogs and becoming more aware of the international brands out there, I am amazed at the range of international polish brands available in HK. I never expected to find Golden Rose polishes here!

Photobucket

I also purchased Lioele Triple Beyond Solution BB cream. The sales lady was very good in selling it! I've been making the transition to BB creams so I'm looking forward to road testing this. If not my sis can have it!

Photobucket

Thank you for a wonderful outing Jennifer! It was lovely meeting you! I wish we had more time to shop but there is always next year =) I will definitely be bringing you over some Aussie goodies to try next year!

Thank you for looking!

16 comments:

  1. you're welcome Michelle <3 glad you liked the outing and the hidden shops ^^ Was it colormix you went back for the polishes ? I had to try those sometime later since you highly raved about them :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol the canmake cream blush collection is going to grow...continuously *dies and wallet cries* haha!! The Snow Fairy shower gel contains glitter in it (see bottom of the bottle) :P you'll look glittery like the nail polishes lol just kidding!

    The BB cream was such a steal and i loveeee Pokerface and would have got it if not for the price xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jennifer: I cannot thank you enough! I had a wonderful time =D

    Yes it was Colour Mix! I've yet to use the polishes so I can't say if they'll be good but they LOOK good and I've read good stuff about them hehe.

    Whooo I love glitter! I can wear glitter nail polish too and just shimmer haha!

    Ahhh I only got Pokerface because I'm on holiday and thought I may as well =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul, looks like you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) What a great haul!

    Those skinfood and Golden Rose polishes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Skinfood!!! It's one of my favourite things about going to Singapore and going back home to the Philippines. Great haul lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh nice hauling!!! Looks like you guys had fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous of your haulage! I really want to try Skinfood polishes...

    alison-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, where did you find the Golden Rose polishes? My mum's going back to HK soon and I'm planning on giving her a list, hehe. Any places I should ask her to check out for nail polish? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely going to buy the Snow Fairy shower gel when I am in HK later in Dec!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I just stumbled upon your blog and I am absolutely blown away. Your nail collection is totally amazing (and kinda huge) and your nail art is even more fabulous. :)

    Being someone who doesn't have much time or money to dedicate to nail stuff, I'd be STOKED to see a guide that lists some simple tips and the most basic nail stuff required for a nice mani (not like my crap attempts). So if you're ever bored or if you run out of ideas... hint hint? :D
    I'll definitely be bookmarking your blog! thanks for a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it sounds like you had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ^_____^ everything looks fabulous. And that NARS nail polish, totally worth the money I think!
    You seem to be having a fabulous time in HK, yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jackie S: I certainly had loads of fun!

    @Rachel Marie: I can't wait to try out the polishes! Such lovely colours =)

    @Mez: I haven't tried Skinfood before so I'm looking forward to trying the brand. I also picked up a mask from them too!

    @Jade: I had loads of fun shopping with Jennifer =) it was a great afternoon!

    @alison*elle: I've yet to try them out but they look fantastic =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Sharon: I found them at Colour Mix! Website with store locations: www.colourmix-cosmetics.com.

    Sasa is great for local brands such as Sasatinnie and Suki plus also has international brands like Alessandro.

    Bonjour has local brands like Chic Chic, Need Me, Amour and also stocks OPI too. Great for nail art stuff also!

    I'm thinking when I get time I'll include HK shops in my "where to buy" list as well!

    @Ashura: It smells soooooo delicious - definitely get it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Leah: Thank you so much for your kind comment Leah =) My polish collection is a little big ho hum so I need to do a blog sale actually!

    I don't consider myself an expert on nail art at all so I feel a little hesitant to do a guide as I think other nail blogers are so much better at it than me, but I'll definitely try and do one though. Thanks for the great suggestion!

    @Jess: hehe I definitely had fun!

    @Christina: There is just so much to buy here! I'm spending far too much in such a short time >.< I felt so bad parting with so much for the NARS polish but you know I love purples ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...