BYS cracked black rainbow NOTD - updated

I finally picked up BYS cracked polish in black last week! I've been dying to try it since I saw it on a few other blogs but I haven't had a chance to go into Gloss cosmetics. I bought the cracked black polish only so I decided to try it on top of different base colours to see what would turn out the best. I broke my nail on my left index finger so please excuse the unevenness of my nails =(

EDIT: I forgot to add a picture of the polish! Here it is:

BYS cracked black polish

I used the following colours as base coat for my left hand (thumb to pinky):

Photobucket

I then applied a thin coat of BYS cracked black:

Photobucket

Base colours for right hand (pinky to thumb):

Photobucket

With thin coat of BYS cracked black:

Photobucket

The cracking took a couple of minutes to reach it's full effect and the key I think is to apply it as the base colour is drying. You can see that the ring finger and pinky of my right hand directly above didn't really "crack" much as I applied it quite some time after the base polish was dry.

I think this polish is so COOL! It's a quick and simple way of doing nail art however it may not be to everyone's liking. I wore it to work yesterday and 2 colleagues and at least 2 patients said to me I needed to change my polish because it was cracking! LOL. I had to patiently explain that it was designed like that.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for looking =)

7 comments:

  1. that looks so cool! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! THAT IS SO COOL!! WHERE DID YOU BUY?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Art of nail: I saw the cracking polishes on your blog! Much cooler than mine =)

    @Anonymous: Thanks for stopping by!

    @Alice: BYS is an Aussie brand but I don't think it's available in the States =( You can check out the range though from
    http://www.fashionaddict.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Nice blog, love the nail polishes! I will be checking out their website. Thanx!
    <33

    http://nurisrandom.blogspot.com/

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nur Bamadhaj: My polish collection is only small but I make do =p

    Thankyou for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...