Review: Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream with natural colloidal oatmeal

Aveeno Intense Hand relief cream (front)

I have a love/hate relationship with winter. I love winter because of the clothing (the boots, jackets and scarves); snow (I’m an avid skier and beginner snowboarder) and all the yummy yet fattening comfort foods like casseroles. I hate winter because there’s no more daylight saving; the fact that it’s freezing when you wake up to go to work and most importantly because it wrecks absolute havoc on my skin.

I have 3 skin conditions which all affect my hands predominantly. I have a whole heap of restrictions for my hands – I can’t use soaps, detergents or alcohols on my hands apart from a few as per the occupational dermatologist my hospital sent me to. During summer and spring I don’t have too many issues but come autumn and winter my hands can get REALLY bad. My hands get so dry, itchy and painful my skin splits and bleeds – it’s like having little paper cuts all over my hands. Sorry for the gross image!

I have tried and tested a multitude of hand creams over the years and have different creams for different purposes. I have a maintenance cream; a heavy maintenance cream and my prescription creams when my hands flare up, but still no good hand cream for “on the go” such as when I’m at work or out and about. I’ve seen Aveeno products before at the shops but I only took notice after seeing ads on TV with the model that has really blue eyes. I’m a complete sucker for trying new products I see advertised and this was no different, so I decided to try out their hand cream.

Photobucket
You only need a tiny amount - less than a 5cent piece is enough.

I picked up Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream and it is a winner!! It’s become my holy grail “on the go” hand cream now. It’s non-greasy which is what I want from a hand cream for work or when I’m out – I hate the greasy feeling of some hand creams that leave grease marks all over everything! As soon as you start rubbing it into your skin it sinks right in and your skin feels lovely and smooth. It’s moisturising for my sensitive hands yet it feels lightweight. It’s also fragrance free and uses natural ingredients such as oats which is fantastic. It keeps my hands moisturised even after I wash my hands so it works similar to barrier creams.

Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream (back)

What it says:

Is specially forumulated with natural oatmeal and rich emollients to help repair dry skin and form a protective glove against the elements. AVEENO Intense Relief hand cream is non-greasy and moisturises skin for 24hours. and it continues to moisturise even after washing your hands. This fast-absorbing formula is fragrance free and gentle enough for even sensitive skin. It’s also great for use on elbows, knees and feet – anywhere your dry skin needs extra help.

AVEENO Intense Relief hand cream leaves your hands soft, smooth and naturally healthy-looking.

Ingredients:

Aqua, glycerine, distearyldimonium chloride, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, aluminium starch, octenylsuccinate, dimethicone, Avena sativa (oat) kernel flour, benzyl alcohol, sodium chloride – (F#9332-078)

Pros:
* Non-greasy – big + in my book!
* Moisturising but lightweight
* Lasts through hand wash (like barrier cream)
* Fragrance free
* Natural ingredients
* Cost – I purchased mine from Chemist Warehouse for only $8.99 (RRP $11)
* Size – it comes in a 100g tube and a little goes a long way

Cons:
* Size is too large for handbag – me just being picky =p

Would I purchase again?
Yes! I keep my tube handy at work, I just wish it came in a handbag friendly size too ;)

Thanks for looking! If you enjoy reading my blog please follow me =)

6 comments:

  1. Wow thanx for the post. I'm getting myself one and try it out myself. I don't like greasy hand creams too so this my be a big plus for me as well.
    <33

    http://nurisrandom.blogspot.com/

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I always need a super moisturizing hand cream myself, since I permanently have dry hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog as always! very informative and clean.. Great Review too! haha its so funny how you put "size is too large for handbag" as a con lol. Just wanted to drop by to say hi and thank you for supporting my blog - got you a sweet blog award. please check it out at mine. on top of that i put you in the raffle of my mini giveaway. good luck! and hope to see more reviews soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nur Bamadhaj: This is the best hand cream by far out of the ones I've tried. You should definitely try it!

    @Jess: Thanks Jess! My hands are too =(

    @Winnie: Thankyou so much for nominating me! Love reading your blog too =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chelle! I'm a huge fan of Aveeno products! I'm a new follower here and oh I'm a nurse too! Nurses are awesome.

    I hope you're having a great week! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nikki: I only recently tried Aveeno but I'm definitely a big fan too! What products do you recommend?

    I totally agree that nurses are awesome!! We rock hehe.

    Thanks for becoming a follower, I really appreciate it =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...