China Glaze haul

I got to purchase some China Glaze polishes I have been lemming for ages today. Yay!!! I LOOOOOOVE CG polishes, they just have so many colours to choose from and they last for days with hardly any chips especially when used with my HG (holy grail) top coat Seche Vite. I find that CG works best for me compared to OPI which is a great brand but chips on like the 2nd day for me. I haven't tried Orly or Essie yet so can't compare to them but I'll get around to it when I have time!

Photobucket
From L - R: Innocence, Ruby pumps, Lubu heels, Emerald sparkle, Up all night, Secret Periwinkle and 5 golden rings

Apologies for the quality of the pics as I took them in a hurry.

Innocence
Innocence

Innocence - This colour is a sheer pink which is perfect for french manicures. I only applied one coat to my finger but you get the idea.

Ruby pumps
Ruby pumps

Ruby pumps - The colour that everybody raves about! I'm not sure if I got a dodgy bottle or what, but the colour of this isn't as red red as the swatches of others I've seen. I only applied 2 coats which is maybe why mine came up as more with more of a pinky undertone. Oh well, still a gorgeous glittery red =)

Lubu heels
Lubu heels

Lubu heels - a black polish with red glitter through it. This is supposed to be for a "Lubu manicure" which means you apply Ruby pumps on the "sole" or underside of your nail and Lubu heels on the "upper" or top of your nail so it resembles a Christian Louboutin heel. Pretty cool huh?!! It's a pretty thin polish so it applies quite sheer so needs to be built up to be opaque. I only applied 2 coats here so it's still quite sheer but you get the picture.

Emerald sparkle
Emerald sparkle

Emerald sparkle - a really nice glittery green. I'm not brave enough to wear all those lovely minty and bright greens that have been so popular! I applied 2 coats here.

Up all night
Up all night

Up all night - I've been after a navy blue polish for some time so that I can do a navy french mani. This one is ok, applies nicely and even with one coat here is quite dark. There's no glitter or anything in this polish. I think I'll try Rodeo fanatic or Calypso blue next.

Secret peri-winkle
Secrect peri-winkle

Secre(c)t peri-winkle - The name of this gorgeous peri-winkle colour is "Secret" peri-winkle however on the bottle there's a typo - "Secrect". Hehehehehe. It applies really smoothly and is just a gorgeous colour! The boy liked this colour the best.

5 golden rings
5 golden rings

5 golden rings - A pretty gold glitter polish. Applies quite nicely, I applied 2 coats here for medium coverage. I'll be using this for tips!

Of course I'm lemming a whole load of other colours such as most of the gorgeous summery colours from CG Up and Away collection but this has to do for now!

I am really really really lemming a Konad kit but I just don't know if I can afford the time and effort associated with it. Of course with practice it won't take long at all but I'm starting my postgraduate studies in early March which will be fulltime WITH fulltime work I can't afford any other distractions! I first encountered konad about 5yrs ago when I was in 1st year uni and my friend brought it in to to uni to try out. I thought it was super nice but not worth the effort. But now after seeing all the pretty designs on so many blogs and knowing that there's no way I can do it freehand I am majorly lemming a kit!

On a foodie note, the boy made Thai sukiyaki for dinner last night which we are BIG fans of.

Photobucket
Our delicious hotpot spread

We'd been mourning the closure of the Thai place in Capitol square that had all you can eat sukiyaki for the last 3-4yrs before we found MD suki on Oxford St the other month. After having it again after so many years we decided to make our own. I had to work yesterday so the boy toiled away making the delicious broth and his very own sukiyaki sauce from scratch. It was so yummy! We had fresh veges, beef and chicken, assorted seafood balls, noodles and quail eggs.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Home made sukiyaki sauce

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, China Glaze! I like to wear one coat of a red creme underneath my Ruby Pumps, that way it shows up better and you won't have to layer it as much to reach opacity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh u must Konad! it actually is a lot less time consuming than you may imagine once u get the hang of it. I've been obsessed my my Konad stamper lately and have been sporting crazy decorated nails everyday - lol! Just think of it as a way to relax after those long days at work followed by all your study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the China Glaze periwinkle colour - so pretty!
    That sukiyaki looks divine too! Can you send your boy over to make it for me? :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Asami: Thankyou so much for the tip!! I will definitely try it out this week =)

    @Misskitty: I'm convinced! Excellent point about it being my way of relaxing =) Now just to figure out which plates I want.. there's just too many! Which plates to you recommend to start off with? And how long did it take you to get the hang of it?

    @Pepperandbaxter: My photo didn't do the colour any justice at all. I think it's a must have polish!
    LOL no worries he loves showing off his cooking skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...