Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day! I know Valentines is tomorrow but because it happens to fall on the same day as Chinese New Year this year, the bf and I decided to celebrate a day early. We aren't really that big into Valentine's as I believe it should be EVERY day (ha!) so we usually just have a nice meal together.

First we'll start off the with my nails of the day (NOTD). I decided to just keep it simple mainly due to the fact that my fimo decided to not cooperate with me grrrrr.

Valentines nails
Valentines nails 2

Valentines nails

I used Seche Clear base coat, 1 coat of Seche Rose, 1 coat of China Glaze Fairy dust, fimo was added and then Seche Vite used as top coat.

What have YOU got on your nails today?

For dinner we made reservations for Encasa which is a Spanish restaurant on Pitt St in the city. We decided to only have tapas instead of ordering mains or paella. My apologies for the photos below as they were taken with my camera phone which doesn't perform too well at night or indoors.

Gambas al Ajillo

Gambas al Ajillo

Gambas al Ajillo - Peeled king prawns in sizzling garlic oil and chilli. So garlicy and delicious the taste still lingers in my mouth!

Patatas Bravas

Patatas Bravas

Patatas Bravas - Fried potato w/ garlic mayonnaise and spicy tomato salsa. One of my favourites! I love taters and this is no exception. The crispy taters with garlic mayo are just too yummy.

Pulpo a la Plancha

Pulpo a la Plancha

Pulpo a la Plancha - Grilled fresh baby octopus. This would have to be one of the BEST grilled baby octopus I have tasted in a long time. Absolutely delicious!

Pinchos Morunos

Pinchos Morunos

Pinchos Morunos - Prime lamb fillet skewers marinated in Moroccan spices. Lamb is my favourite meat and this didn't disappoint. The meat was juicy and tender and hit the spot.

Chorizo a la Plancha

Chorizo a la Plancha

Chorizo a la Plancha - Grilled Spanish sausage. The chorizo was too salty for my liking tonight, we didn't even finish half of it.

Ensalada con Queso

Ensalada con Queso

Ensalada con Queso - Lettuce, roasted red capsicum, goat’s cheese, olives. Very yummy salad to accompany our meal.

By this time we were absolutely stuffed but needed a sugar fix so we headed over to Capitol Square for dessert at passionflower. No pictures of our dessert "The masterpiece" as it was far too dark.

Of course no trip to Capitol Square is complete without walking around the skill tester machines upstairs above the restaurants were every 2nd girl and her bf have their arms full of the toys that they've just won. Needless to say I don't have their luck, the bf and I have only managed to win stuff 3 times from what seems like 100+ tries, thus why I prefer buying my stuffed plushies from Ladies Market in Hongkong =p
But cupid must have been smiling down because my bf won me a Mario Galaxy mushroom plushie to add to my collection!!!

Mario Galaxy plushie

Isn't he adorable?

To top it all off I was given a beautiful Thomas Sabo bracelet for my currently homeless charms as a gift(EVEN THOUGH WE HAD SAID NO GIFTS).
Thomas Sabo charm bracelet

Thomas Sabo sterling silver bracelet. I'm spoiled!


Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day no matter if you're in a relationship or not.

2 comments:

  1. awww your bf is sweet! love the mushroom plushie - I want one but don't have the space for more stuff lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. '*:.b|u3.:*': Yeah he is sweet, when he wants to be! =p Ahhhh you should get a mushroom plushie anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...