Essence Me & My Ice Cream polishes swatches and review

Hello ladies! Today I have some quick swatches of 3 of the polishes from the essence Me & My Ice Cream collection which was released recently. I am a HUGE sucker for the trend edition Essence polishes!! There are 4 polishes in the collection but I only managed to pick up 3 unfortunately. I went to every single Priceline I could to find Icylicious but no luck doh!

 photo IMG_6759copy_zps06209bbc.png

What they say:

"I scream: ice cream! essence invites you to make a quick stop at an ice cream cart in October and November 2013 with the trend edition “me & my ice cream”. Soft sorbet shades like beige, vanilla, apricot, pink, lavender and mint as well as awesome products in a cool retro look will melt your heart.. Strawberry, sweet woodruff, blueberry or apricot? The longlasting nail polishes in gorgeous pastel shades like pink, mint, lavender and apricot are sure to put you in the mood for ice cream – and summery nails, of course! "

 photo mamic_composing_final2_zpsd6f046a2.jpg

Ben & Cherries is a gorgeous pastel pinky peach creme with very subtle shimmer through it. Very girly and sweet but it makes me have lobster hands!! Plus how darn cute is the name??! Now I feel like some Ben & Jerry's LOL. 3 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_8166copy_zps6e6fd666.png

 photo IMG_6772copy_zps5148e7ed.png

 photo IMG_6773copy_zpseac38c10.png

Always in my Mint is a cute pastel mint creme with subtle shimmer through it too. 3 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_8159copy_zps817884b2.png

 photo IMG_6783copy_zps62ebeadb.png

 photo IMG_6787copy_zps43252565.png

Ice Ice Baby is a soft pastel lavender creme with subtle shimmer through it. 3 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_8157copy_zps00c43b82.png

 photo IMG_8147copy_zpsd810555e.png

 photo IMG_8145copy_zps45098b87.png

Overall: There is nothing quite like a collection based on one of my favourite food groups!! I absolutely love these cute shades but that's about all that was really positive about the essence Me & My Ice Cream collection unfortunately. Application wasn't great and they were pretty streaky and it took 3 coats for opacity. The shimmer is really subtle and doesn't show up on the nail sadly.

Details: The essence Me & My Ice Cream collection are available from Priceline for $2.95 each.

 photo MeandMyicecreamsummarycopy_zpsc35d7518.png

Thanks for looking as always!! =)

5 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! It's unfortunate that they go on streaky.. I really like essence. Hopefully these show up to Canada.. I would like to get my hands on the makeup :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love essence too!! Such a great brand at such affordable prices for good quality products =D Fingers crossed you'll get them in Canada!! The makeup is really cute too but I couldn't get my hands on any doh

      Delete
  2. *hyperventilating* lols These are too cute. For $2.95 I'll patiently wait for the three layers to dry =) ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best manicured hands. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to get my hands on a few of the products from this range but they sold out so quickly and I can see why! The pastel colours are too cute and I love the really glossy finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...