Popcorn nails

Happy Sunday guys! I hope you've had a great weekend =) I've been stressed out lately due to work so I took this weekend off and enjoyed myself by doing not much lol. D and I went to see The Expendables 2 today (awesome action and I love Jason Statham!!) and I just had to do popcorn nails inspired by this awesome tutorial by Katy from Nailed It. She does fantastic manis and nail art tutorials!


POPCORN!!! I freaking love popcorn - sweet, buttered, flavoured.. MMMMMMM!


What I used:


I used 2 coats of white creme OPI Alpine Snow as my base and Nail Star Two-Way nail art pen and brush in red to draw vertical lines on each nail. Once that all dried I used China Glaze Lemon Fizz and a large dotting tool to draw small dots close together in a popcorn shape. I then used Essence Colour & Go Sundancer and a smaller sized dotting tool for the kernel shells.





I have a thing for food manicures I think haha. They are just so much fun to shoot and wear! I don't want to take these popcorn nails off. My sis helped me take some of these shots and we had fun doing it even though my room was littered with popcorn bits afterwards LOL.

Have you seen any new movies lately? I hope you like this mani as much as I do! Thanks for looking as always =)

24 comments:

  1. OMGSH! This is seriously just tooo adorable!
    And I love your mini cup of popcorn, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivy!! I tried to find a larger red and white striped container but no luck. Had to make do with a mini cup!

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love them, very pretty and your pictures are awesome as well! And I need popcorn right now... Lucky me bought some yesterday :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a lovely day yesterday in Sydney that I had to take advantage of the great natural light and snap some pics. Enjoy your popcorn! ;)

      Delete
  3. Toooo adorable! Made me smile from ear to ear :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so nice!! Glad it made you smile hun =D Successful manicure then!

      Delete
  4. SO cute!! You did a great job recreating this. If I gave it a try, probably look like little yellow blobs :( Your lil cup of popcorn! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way it's super easy!! You can't go too wrong with it trust me ;) Give it a go Tram!

      Delete
  5. You always take the cutest themed photos with your nail art! So adorable i love it!

    a-la-foliee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely compliment Chloe! When I can I'm trying to add in props etc hehe

      Delete
  6. This is such an adorable look for the nails. It's perfect for TIFF week here in Toronto (Toronto International Film Festival). Oo I also love the Nailed It blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These would be perfect for a film festival! Are you going to go to the festival? Glad you love her blog too =)

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh Chelle! This is just awesome! Haha I love it! My friend & I want to go watch Anna Karenina, even though neither of us are Kiera Knightley fans, the costumes look incredible! Hope you're well my lovely & enjoying your relaxing weekend, you work too hard! ;)

    Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thanks lovely!! I'm not a fan of Kiera Knightley either actually, I don't think she's the best actress but she does do well in period pieces. I might have to watch it just for the costumes!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Not my creation though!! I just recreated it ;)

      Delete
  9. LOVE these popcorn nails!!! Way too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is freaking amazing! I think I need to try one of those nail polish pens. I tried doing scalloped nails this week but it was a total fail.

    Sarah's Real Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...