Franken Black Rose NOTD

I have for you today a gorgeous franken sent to me by Chris in our latest swap package. I was most excited to try her frankens out of all the awesome polishes she sent me! I used Chris' beautiful franken Black Rose for a quick NOTD on the weekend. You can read Chris' original post including recipe here.

Before you read on about this great franken, I want to let you guys know that I'm getting a lot of nail breakages at the moment unfortunately so my next few manis will look a bit wonky =( When I did this NOTD my middle finger nail had broken but now both index finger nails are broken too! 4 in one week! I'm not happy at all to say the least because they broke on an angle and are kind of hard to file down nicely. So please bear with me while my nails grow out!

Photobucket

I absolutely love this franken <3 It is vampy, sexy and like Chris says perfect for Halloween. Black Rose is a purpley-reddish black with dark shimmer and is just gorgeous. I got sooooo many compliments when I wore it! I didn't even do any nail art - that is how much I loved the colour on it's own! All pics are 2 coats with Poshe topcoat. I actually managed to take some pics when there was sunlight omg! Black Rose looks different in different lighting (I love when a polish can do that because it's like 2 different polishes!) so below are pics in natural and artificial light. I hardly ever have time to take pics during the day so enjoy the pics!

Close up (natural light):

Photobucket

Close up (artificial light):

Photobucket

I love the shimmer through the polish. The grey shimmer is most evident in the bottle - on the nail the shimmer looks more purpley/red.

Photobucket

Thank you for sending me this wonderful franken Chris! Don't forget to enter my Polished Pink for October giveaway here!

13 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! often frankens are better than what they were made from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the colour is amazing indeed! And holo, yay!!! Awwww, I'm so sorry about your nails. I hate it when that happens and it seems that when one breaks the rest follow. Aaaaaargh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of the brand before but it sure looks great on you. Great color for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  4. @toesthattwinkle!: It's only the 1st franken I've tried but I have to agree! I guess you get the best of both polishes which makes it awesome.

    @Christina: It's a really pretty polish! Ai my nails are just breaking and peeling so much right now. I hope they grow back soon >.<

    @PetiteLittleGirl: Thanks hun! It's a franken polish so it's a mixture of different polishes all in one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks gorgeous!
    Now if all MY frankens turn out like THAT I wouldn't be scared to franken >o<
    Awwh, bless your nails!
    I go HAYWIRE when my nail polish smudge let alone a breakage. ;_____;

    ReplyDelete
  6. This colour is gorgeous!! So glittery and shimmery - I must try this myself!! :D

    Hope your nails get strong soon! :D My nails were all weak and cuticles were soo dry a few weeks back that I've been wearing bare nails to let them breath so I can have strong skittles nails for summer :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful franken! >.< I hate it when my nails break too. I'd have to cut them all off then start growing them and shaping them again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a pretty polish! Sorry to hear about your nail breakage though, that really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. when I first saw the bottle I was afraid it would have some greenish reflects. But it looks awesome.
    the Bordeaux look on the nails fits you nicely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Spaceinvaders: I totally agree! It's definitely one of my favourite vampy colours.

    @AnnKiins: Thank you! I haven't even attempted frankening yet because I know I would suck at it >.< Breakages are just heartbreaking! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Donna: Yes do try it yourself! Chris' also has a great frankening tutorial you can check out if you need pointers.

    Thanks hun! I hope they grow out and get strong quickly too o_O It is so annoying having really short nails! I should let mine breathe too but I can't bare not having them polished now doh.

    @Nikki: I absolutely hate it too. It's so frustrating having to start all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Danielle: Yeah it definitely sucks! Thanks for stopping by and commenting Daniell =)

    @Monika: In the sunlight you would definitely think that but nope no green! I think it's just the way it catches the light. Awww you are too kind! I love vampy colours but I seem to always wear pinks and purples =p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...