Super Mario 25th Anniversary mushroom manicure

Hi ladies! This post is a little late but earlier this week was the 25th anniversary of the release of Super Mario Bros in Japan. I would have done these nails sooner but I didn't get time unfortunately. The boy absolutely looooooves Super Mario Bros and he converted me when we first started dating many moons ago! I love the characters in Mario Bros but I especially love the mushrooms. I have 3 mushroom plushies and these were the inspiration for todays manicure to celebrate.

Photobucket

I used the tutorials by the talented CutePolish and Nikki from Askmewhats version as a guide. They looked simple enough but my lack of polishing lately has seen my skills slip!

Photobucket

I used Orly French Tip to freehand white tips. I then used the striping brush from Nail Star Two way nail art pen & brush in red to draw a thin line just below the white tip, then I topped the red line with CM Nail Art striping polish in red glitter on all fingers except for accent finger and thumb. On my thumbs and accent finger I used the pen from Nail Star Two way nail art pen & brush in red to draw a half oval shape and drew 5 dots using Nail Star Two way nail art pen & brush in white. I then used Kiss Nail Artist Paint & Stencil Kit in black to draw eyes and topped it all off with a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong topcoat for a glossy finish!

Photobucket

Hope you like it! I'll leave you with a piccie of my family of Mario mushroom plushies =)

Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww how cute! :) I really love Super Mario, I played it as a kid all the time. x) And Mushrooms are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha what a fun mani! <3 Mario
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uwaaaa, that's such a cute manicure. I didn't even know it was the 25 year anniversary. My darling is a huge Mario fan too, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute! :)

    -Mia
    http://miafied.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute for words!! So creative :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, so cute! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too cute. I love how you are inspired by the mushrooms ;)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh!! red-pot mushrooms in supermario XDD

    LOVE the nails =)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute :)

    I nominated you for an award on my blog! check it out here http://polishobsessed.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-awards-who-i-nominate.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an amazing NOTD. Lovely :)

    www.awaywiththefairiesx.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. the mushrooms look so cute,
    oh, dun forget to submit a blog entry for the make up tuts I did if u actually tried the look out... it wud b nice to see some of u doin the look n showin the outcomes <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is super cute! You are so creative! I love the mushroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute

    Follow me and ill follow you!
    http://toesthattwinkle.blogspot.com/
    (i just started and could use some followers!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! There have been several nail enthusiasts that painted this design as well. :) I have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all your lovely comments ladies! I'm glad you liked the mani as I had LOADS of fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...