China Glaze Lemon Fizz NOTD

I'm currently in blogging and nail polish withdrawal!! Someone give me some valium STAT lol. I'm trying (not very) hard to do my readings and my assignment for uni which is this weekend but obviously it's not working and here I am procrastinating for a very quick post!

Thank you for the kind messages and stories about your own technology mishaps, it gave me encouragement and made me feel a lot less like a noob =) The boy managed to recover quite a bit of my stuff but alot of my documents and photos are corrupted unfortunately. But of course getting some things back are much better than none. I did get a bit upset at losing my stuff (I'm sensitive what can I say haha) so I decided to do a bright manicure to cheer me up over the weekend. If you follow me on Twitter you would have seen a quick pic of this mani already but of course will much less quality pics. I decided to do a cheerful yellow manicure using China Glaze Lemon Fizz from the Up & Away collection. I absolutely adore this collection! The colours are so bright and are simply gorgeous and so very "me".

Lemon Fizz

Lemon Fizz is a pale pastel yellow creme perfect for Spring or Summer. I don't really like yellows on me that much as my skintone is yellow, but being a pastel it looked decent and I really enjoyed wearing it. It's such a cute yellow and is definitely one to get if you're like me and shy away from the bright yellows. I had no issues with the application - I did a thin 1st coat followed by a thicker 2nd coat and it dried to a glossy finish. Thing to note, is that on the 1st coat the colour on the nail is quite similar to the bottle however it gets darker with subsequent coats. Above is 2 coats without topcoat.

Then I added some nail stickers that my workmate gave me to jazz it up. I can't have a "naked" mani - ie. just plain polish - anymore unless I'm in a HUGE rush nowadays. I just have to add SOME type of nail art or I'm not satisfied! =p

Photobucket

Thanks for looking! Back to the books now =(

27 comments:

  1. Aww very cute, so simple yet it adds the perfect finshing touch! I agree with you about the up & away collection - the colours are just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lemon Fiz too. It's such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo gorgeous!Love yellow nail polishes!This one looks so pretty!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cute mani. Hehehe I know what you mean. I cannot go for plain either anymore. At least it has to contain tons of glitter or I am bored.

    I am so sorry about your pc troubles but believe me it happens to everyone. Two days before my wedding last year one of my external HDs crashed and I had all my mp3s on it. I never managed to recover them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats adorable!
    Reminds me of Barry M's Lemon Icecream c:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow super pretty! It's like the perfect yellow =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, that color looks so adorable on you! I need some yellow in my life now that the colder days are upon us. The sun worshipping must go on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! glad to hear about your computer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and am now following!

    I love that color - it is really gorgeous! I have to try it now!

    http://danniibeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do the same thing: when I'm sad sometimes I make a colourful and bright mani :)
    I really like this colour, I've got a Kiko that looks similar but it's warmer than this CG

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely color and it really brightens up one's day heheeh... plus the nail deco is cute ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm your new follower. Really like your blog! Maybe you could check out mine sometime: www.melaniesnailpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg i lOVE that color!! i gotta get me some now! :)

    Love,
    Jennifer & Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. That yellow looks delicious... somehow it reminds me of lemon tarts lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this yellow one! <3 Up & Away collection is stunning, I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is a great color. I think a good yellow color is so hard to find for us Chinese people, but this one looks good!

    Good luck in your studies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Krissy: I think it has to be my favourite collection from China Glaze - if not from any brand!

    @Ansa & Blushingloves: Yellow polishes are definitely starting to grow on me now! But Lemon Fizz in particular is just so gorgeous.

    @Christina: I know right! We have indulged ourselves too much with nail art I think LOL. Ohhh man why is technology such a pain sometimes?? Hope you've gotten your music again now =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @AnnKiins: I don't have Lemon Icecream myself but I'd definitely love to try it!

    @Gaby: It's even nicer in person actually! The pictures make the colour a little darker than in real life.

    @Dhini: It's a very pretty colour I agree =)

    @Lilynail: Thanks hun! Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Ashwini: Awww thank you for the sweet compliment! I don't normally do yellow polishes but this was just too nice not to try. Thankfully it's Spring now here so I get to wear all my brights yay!

    @Just Cake Girl: It's definitlely the perfect pastel yellow polish. Granted I haven't tried any other pastel yellows though =p

    @Katrina: Thanks Katrina!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @danniibeauty: Thank you for stopping by and following! I'm glad you like the colour, do try it yourself!

    @Alice: Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does that! Ooooh I'd love to see the Kiko colour. Kiko polishes look awesome, please swatch it on your blog =)

    @jellytelly_ri-chan: Lemon Fizz definitely brights up the day. Just looking at my hands when I had it on made me happy hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Oreleona: Thanks hun!

    @Melanie: Hi Melanie! Thank you so much for stopping by and following =) will make sure to check out your blog in the near future when I have more time.

    @Jennifer & Sherry: Thanks ladies! Glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Meme: Now you mention it.. it does look like lemon curd! I LOVE lemon tarts and now I feel like one DOH!

    @Ivana: China Glaze just hit the jackpot with this collection. Every colour is love at 1st sight for me!

    @Alice: Yeah it's impossible to find one that looks nice on us! It's a darned shame because yellow is so nice and cheerful. Definitely try out Lemon Fizz yourself.
    Thanks for the luck cause I'll need it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Being Asian as well, I shy away from colours like these but wow it looks really pretty on you :) I might have to run out and try it myself now!
    PS in awe of your nail polish skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i so need a yellow this has been on my wishlist for a while now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...