Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine nail lacquer in Shocking

Marc Jacobs is one of my favourite designers so I was pretty darn excited to learn that he was launching a cosmetics collection! It's available exclusively at Sephora so obviously us Aussies miss out as usual unless you use parcel forwarding or have a makeup mule. I was going to cave and make a Tarazz order but my sister was gifted one of the lacquers so of course I stole it to try out so I've got some quick swatches of Shocking for you today.

 photo IMG_2135copy_zpsacb50bb9.png

What they say:

"Get smitten with Marc's fresh take on nail enamel, a superior polish with unprecedented finish, like 30 coats of lacquer. Highest shine with a plasticized, wet look, smooth application and a unique color range inspired by Marc's latest runway delights.. The custom, curve-hugging brush optimizes application and the curvature of the bottle resembles a smile."

 photo IMG_2149copy_zps4c1d4143.png

The bottle is round and flat with a glossy black lip that comes off to reveal a smaller cap that's much more manageable to use and the lacquers are 3 free (no toluene, formaldehyde, and DBP) which is fantastic.

 photo IMG_2162copy_zpseea6b804.png

Shocking is an opaque bright hot pink creme. It's not the most original shade but it's gorgeous and definitely a classic shade that I think should be included in every permanent polish collection! The formula is opaque although I found it a little on the thin side which made it difficult to get a clean finish. Dry time was a little slow but not unreasonable and it dried to a high gloss wet look shine which I love.

 photo IMG_2201copy_zps4842938d.png

The brush is quite narrow and for me the bristles are too flexible - I prefer to use a firmer brush so it gives greater control when applying. I had some issues with balding so I'd recommend allowing plenty of dry time between coats. 2 coats is pictured with no top coat.

 photo IMG_2195copy_zpsa7078a47.png

 photo IMG_2211copy_zpsef74ad5a.png

Overall: Shocking is gorgeous and I love the high gloss shine! The packaging is cute and it's consistent with the Marc Jacobs look. However if I was purchasing the lacquers myself, I'd go for one of the more unique shades in the collection as Shocking is easily dupeable and at a cheaper price. I'm a little disappointed with the formula of Shocking so I'm hoping it's just this shade or a dodgy bottle. I'm still super keen to try out other shades!

Details: Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine nail lacquers are available from Sephora and MarcJacobs.com for $18US.

 photo IMG_2140copy_zpseba0f9ff.png

Have you tried any products from the Marc Jacobs Beauty collection? What would you recommend? Thanks for looking as always!

12 comments:

  1. love this color, love any color pink actually LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottle is super cute, I dont know why but I'm totally in love with it. This pink hue is probably one of my favorite colors and the polish looks so glossy even without top coat *__* Definitely a huge plus! Though I agree that it's very easily dupeable and the formula doesn't sound great too. But I would still give it a try ^.^

    And thanks for your comment! The application went really well. I used one coat for my nail art and got a decent amount of glitter so I can't complain :) Definitely recommendable hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the bottle too!! I think maybe because it's so sleek and pretty haha. It's a shame there aren't more unique shades in the collection but like you say definitely worth trying.

      Ooooh I think I might have to get it!

      Delete
  3. Love the colour! Even though the bottle shape is a bit odd, I'm a real fan of the shape lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is a bit odd! But strangely appealing xp

      Delete
  4. wow...such ana amzing shade <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an unique packaging! the nail polish looks very glossy as well :)
    http://fullycurious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want to be a negative nancy but I'd much rather go buy another brand than this! It's so expensive! I agree I'd definitely look for super unique shades. My friend has Petra, and it's nice… but I'm not sure if I wanna pay for the name. Great swatches as per ushz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you're not being a negative nancy!! I'd much rather buy a bright pink from another brand too at a lower price point. Especially considering the formula isn't crash hot. Having said that I do like to own at least 1 polish from each brand but I'd definitely go for one that's more unique.

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried any Marc Jacobs products so I can't give you an opinion on them.
    The packaging is beautiful, it doesn't seem to be nail polish!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...